The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clear reflector headlights now available

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 66

Installed this morning

New headlights and grill

Experienced TGC Member
    damn rich, those look hot. good choice buy.
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver22
    Thank you. Overall, I'm happy with them. They don't have the little chrome section by the turn signal like the OEM 02-03 headlights. It's all black plastic, except for the main headlight area.

I'm just happy that I didn't have to modify anything because I'm more on the destructive side. When I was removing the old headlights and grill, I was trying to be careful with the grill, but then I said F' it and just broke the grill out of there when I couldn't reach the bottom clips. It's a good thing I bought a new grill along with the headlights!

I'm going to clean up the old headlights and give them away for free to anyone that wants them. The only catch is that they have to pay the shipping cost.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BGR
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver22
    Thank you. Overall, I'm happy with them. They don't have the little chrome section by the turn signal like the OEM 02-03 headlights. It's all black plastic, except for the main headlight area.

I'm just happy that I didn't have to modify anything because I'm more on the destructive side. When I was removing the old headlights and grill, I was trying to be careful with the grill, but then I said F' it and just broke the grill out of there when I couldn't reach the bottom clips. It's a good thing I bought a new grill along with the headlights!

I'm going to clean up the old headlights and give them away for free to anyone that wants them. The only catch is that they have to pay the shipping cost.
    aw crap i was just in sacremento this weekend :(

crackes in head lights

how mutch did you pay for the lights my lens are full of spider cracks and i don't know how to get rid of them anyone know what to do other then get new ones

Re: crackes in head lights

Quote Originally Posted by fq2691
    how mutch did you pay for the lights my lens are full of spider cracks and i don't know how to get rid of them anyone know what to do other then get new ones
    I paid $136 for the set of 2 headlights and $45 shipping.

My old headlights are in decent shape. No cracks, however there are some minor pits from dust particles and whatnot. Not bad for original headlights. They would look better if they were buffed out. The corners are already cleared. I'm letting those go for free. All one has to do is pay the shipping cost or pick them up from me.

Here's a pic:

Edit:

spdracr was the first to claim the headlights and is willing to pay for shipping, so consider this offer closed. Thanks.

looks good
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

ive had those for a year and a half now. i actually have two sets
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    ive had those for a year and a half now. i actually have two sets
    Is that right?

Look Great Rich!

Do you like you Continental tires?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Look Great Rich!

Thanks Dave.

Um.. I only have two on the front. I bought them for $40.
    I have one Wanli on the back left and my old 16" on the rear right (that's why I only took pics of the left side )

Look Great Rich!

Thanks Dave.

Um.. I only have two on the front. I bought them for $40.
    I have one Wanli on the back left and my old 16" on the rear right (that's why I only took pics of the left side )
    Well, regardless the G is looking awesome!

Are the turn signals still bright without the chrome section"?

Yep. They look real good. I think the clear reflector makes the light look even better.

My HID's bulbs should arrive either tomorrow or Thursday. I'll put my LED 1157's back in after that. The LED 1157 bulbs didn't look all that good with the regular H4 hyperwhites, but look pretty decent with HID 8K bulbs. One of my original HID bulbs burned out about 5 months after I installed it. I hope these new bulbs last a little longer.

UPDATE -

I finally got around to upgrading the H4 wires to heavy duty and installed the HID's. The lights are sweets, but the light pattern on these headlights SUCK! I am disappointed in the light pattern. I don't know if it's just the headlights, or because they are mostly black and little chrome or a combination of both. I do know that my old chrome headlights had a decent light pattern and filled everything in front of my car at night. These new headlights, barely anything; looks like crap. I was hoping that once I installed the HID that the beam would look better as the ordinary H4 bulbs sucked even more. :smt012

On a positive note - it looks really good when looking at the car from the front. The LED turn signals blend in even better (with the clear reflector hiding the bulb and the light pattern when it shines through the clear reflector) with the HID and the yellow 880 fog light bulbs give it a nice offset. By the way, for those worried about the rain and HID bulbs, the yellow 880 fog light bulbs takes care of this problem.

waitin on mine.. hope these things don't dissapoint me, especially for a 170 something bucks :shock: maybe one day i can blow more money on some halo projectors...
    MARCH 2009 COTM
    fully interfaced with Xbox Media Center. learn more at www.xbmc.org[/b]

Ballin' on a budget

UPDATE -

I finally got around to upgrading the H4 wires to heavy duty and installed the HID's. The lights are sweets, but the light pattern on these headlights SUCK! I am disappointed in the light pattern. I don't know if it's just the headlights, or because they are mostly black and little chrome or a combination of both. I do know that my old chrome headlights had a decent light pattern and filled everything in front of my car at night. These new headlights, barely anything; looks like crap. I was hoping that once I installed the HID that the beam would look better as the ordinary H4 bulbs sucked even more. :smt012

On a positive note - it looks really good when looking at the car from the front. The LED turn signals blend in even better (with the clear reflector hiding the bulb and the light pattern when it shines through the clear reflector) with the HID and the yellow 880 fog light bulbs give it a nice offset. By the way, for those worried about the rain and HID bulbs, the yellow 880 fog light bulbs takes care of this problem.
    This is why most people go JDM, the beam pattern is so much better on them

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Well, regardless the G is looking awesome!

Actually, with the white 1157 LED bulbs, they started to dim and you couldn't see the light blink during the day. I started getting frustrated that on coming traffic (at a 4-way stop) kept trying to cut me off because they didn't see my blinker. Plus, with the LED, it blinked too fast and it started to get annoying after a while. I remember when that effect was desirable. I ended up buying a set of amber 1157's and now they blink bright during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post
    Actually, with the white 1157 LED bulbs, they started to dim and you couldn't see the light blink during the day. I started getting frustrated that on coming traffic (at a 4-way stop) kept trying to cut me off because they didn't see my blinker. Plus, with the LED, it blinked too fast and it started to get annoying after a while. I remember when that effect was desirable. I ended up buying a set of amber 1157's and now they blink bright during the day.
    I never liked the LEDs anyways. Better off with standard style bulbs.

ive got switch backs i i love them sooo much better than standered bulbs imo

Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    ive got switch backs i i love them sooo much better than standered bulbs imo
    x10000000
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast