The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: emanage

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

emanage

i gotta 8g 4g64,i am about to turbo it and got the emanage.are they hard to tune and also do i need a connector to make it work?

i'm not sure if u need a connector (i'm using S-AFC), though i've heard that many tuners don't like tuning with eManage, maybe too difficult to tune. PM Icedoutgalant; i think he uses eManage.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

if u read up on tuning and have the proper tools like wideband, logging cable and evo scan among the many you can tune your car with an emanage. I would not suggest tuning timing until your confident but ur gonna have to make sure ur timing and afr are correct. I have the emanage blue and it does what its supposed to.. I have set my car in open loop for ever so that the emanage directly controls my car the way its supposed to. The result is great - no lean conditions that i dont approve of and the acceleration on part throttle is as smooth as full throttle with out wasting gas and the computer fighting back. If you do not buy a tactrix cable and reflash ur ecu to run in openloop then ur ecu will not allow u run lower than 14.7 on boost and will continue to keep 14.7 untill it gets wot or openloop which is 70% throttle almost. This slows ur acceleration horrendously. I have the emanage blue with ignition and injector harness along with main and i have the ignition signal adapter #2 from greddy if that helps. The signal adapter may or may not help with burning up coils. I have not burned any coils for 1 yr leaving my car on and off for large amounts of time but some people experience it and some dont. My timing control seems to work fine with no issues running 10lbs ....
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

WarmAndSCSI
    ... The ECU is not going to be running at 14.7 ANY TIME past cruise unless there is something wrong with your fuel curve. The stock high-load fuel map is somewhere around 10.6 AFR. And open loop has to do with LOAD, not throttle position.

right and wrong.. Partial throttle acceleration will stay at 14.0 to 14.7 in closed loop i have tested and retested and thats the way the ecu works. The open loop map works of the tps though. In the ecu its mapped based on how far u press the throttle down as i have also tested this.. Its listed as 78% throttle some places and lowers as the rpms increase.. I have changed the value to say 40 percent and have hit 100 or more % load on acceleration part throttle and stayed in closed loop with 14.5 afr the whole time.. I lower this to 30% and hit around 30% tps value and the afr changes to the open loop table and works like a charm.. Unless you have some other ecu i am not aware of it works off tps value* not saying load has completely nothing to do with it but with ecu flash and open loop maps its based of the 0 to 5v tps value and the tps %.

I have it set to 10% tps and it stays in open loop regardless..
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

WarmAndSCSI
    EcuFlash has a map called Open Loop Load. That is compounded with the Open Loop Throttle Low/High Load to determine whether to go into Open Loop or not.

I'm really not the guy to argue with this stuff on - I kind of know what I'm doing when it comes to tuning these ECU's... Come back when you have tuned your car to use speed density, an external IAT, fixed baro, an external coil with an MSD setup, oh God, I can't even remember how many innovative thing's I've done with my Galant's engine electronics.

edit: I've gotten the ECU to stay in Open Loop through both sets of maps, but I'm just letting you know that throttle position isn't the be-all-end-all way of doing this.

?

granted you have more knowledge than me and maybe most == but ur info was not entirely correct and if u review open loop load maps as i have extensively ull see it is working off tps values to determine when to go into open loop.. The way i see so does the transmission also.. you can hit 100% load and NOT go into open loop load and the transmission will not go higher than 3000 rpm.. That is because the tps value can be under 60% and u can hit much higher than 100% load and its not based on load value.. Im not calling u wrong and i have no doubt on ur knowledge but the car will stay in the 14.0 to 14.7 range for partial throttle boost and its not a load based issue. This is why everyone complains about the emanage and its inability to produce the correct results for them..

WarmAndSCSI
    No, the load map can make the ECU stay in open loop all the time also. This means that the ECU is obviously referring to it when making its decision. My current tune has the Open Loop Throttle Low/High hap untouched.

edit: I was wrong about it being only load-related, but TPS is a really bad thing to tune anything off of unless you have to. None of the fuel or ignition maps use it for anything, so you want an consistent entry into your Open Loop maps ALWAYS. Relying on TPS as your trigger to enter open loop is a bad idea.

load

im trying to understand what map u are referring to.. is it open loop load 1 and 2 because thats tps based??

WarmAndSCSI

Re: load

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant
    im trying to understand what map u are referring to.. is it open loop load 1 and 2 because thats tps based??
    Open Loop Load is not TPS based... that percentage is % Load. Hence the NAME of the map. Open Loop Low/High Throttle is TPS voltage based.

edit: here's some more info for you: http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=301396

tps

thats the maps i have tested forever -- u can change the value to 70% and hit 80% load and it will not change to open loop.. if u cange the value to say 30 or 40 and u get the tps to that value IT WILL go into open loop... What values do u have set -- im sure its between 30 and less than 60

WarmAndSCSI

Re: tps

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant
    thats the maps i have tested forever -- u can change the value to 70% and hit 80% load and it will not change to open loop.. if u cange the value to say 30 or 40 and u get the tps to that value IT WILL go into open loop... What values do u have set -- im sure its between 30 and less than 60
    I don't know, something's not consistent in your maps. The guys on EvoM explain it as an either-or (inclusive or) decision. Trust me, though, the Open Loop Load maps contain RPM and Load values. Just right click on it and click Edit Map. You'll see the Data Values are Scaling = Load8 and the Y Axis is Scaling = RPM.

sorry i didnt read ur edits -- I however have not right clicked and checked its references -- thanks ill try that.. I was not trying to argue with u but rather trying to get proof. I had logged it numerous times which is why i made the point -- somebody can use this post for something hopefully.. ha

WarmAndSCSI

edit: eh, looks like Paint sucks for saving GIFs.

it looks good if you click on it it seems like the site scales down the resolution a lot more now
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

hey, i have the emange blue also. I mean its okay, i havnt had any major issues with it besides cold start in the mornings. Tuneing we had to play with it for about 2-3 days to get excally were we wanted it. To tune it,, you will need a laptop and the cable. i belive its like 100 bucks check ebay for the support tool. But i would look into the ecu flash which is what im currently looking into.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

WarmAndSCSI
    You cannot rely on EcuFlash for tuning in boost unless you convert to the Evo ROM or ECU first (this is for 4 cylinder guys only).

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    You cannot rely on EcuFlash for tuning in boost unless you convert to the Evo ROM or ECU first (this is for 4 cylinder guys only).
    i'm using ECU Flash now, and i'm still N/A. is it possible to run the Evo ROM on our Galant ECUs?
    if not, i guess i gotta get the EVO ECU :smt017

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by run1206
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    i'm using ECU Flash now, and i'm still N/A. is it possible to run the Evo ROM on our Galant ECUs?
    if not, i guess i gotta get the EVO ECU :smt017
    There were talks of an equivalent ROM for automatic Mitsus... go check Club3G:

http://www.club3g.com/forum/rs-gs/92...rty-trans.html