The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headers are on!!

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Headers are on!!

Well I finally got my headers put on, not too much of a hard job except for a couple of a stubborn nuts. After the install I had a problem with a little leakage, the new and old gaskets were both leaking but with both of them on there was no leakage so thats straight.

SES light came on after one day but that was expected, going to relocate the second O2 sensor once my HFC gets in.

The gains are noticable in the mid range, between 3000 and 4000 rpms. I couldn't believe the pull it has around 60mph ( I want more :shock: ). When the HFC gets here I'll probably change over to a 2.5" exhaust since the headers and HFC are 2.5"

Click here for pics

The headers were or are chrome but with the heat they turn a bronze color, its all good though.

Hhhmmmmm what should I get next??? Any ideas?? Are pully's worth getting? Or are there aftermarket camshafts avaliable for us?
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

nice job
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

you can do the rest of the exhaust, add cam gear, pulleys. hey have you upgraded you plugs and wires? by the way did you reset you tranny. if not disconnect the batt. for a little while, and go out after reconnecting it. and drive the hell out of it.

TGC Regular
    niceness
    - Atba

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    They look really good.. I would say get the cam gear, and the shaft both from AEM, that will help ur lauch speed.. THen get either u AFC if u dont already have one or just a Air/Fuel gauge.. Runn on a higher octane gasoline, preferably 93...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

DJ_SI
    Looks good. What brand header is that and what type of design do you have (4-2-1 or 4-1)?

Supernova
    Ohhhhh, very nice. I wish I had the money to get some.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_SI
    Looks good. What brand header is that and what type of design do you have (4-2-1 or 4-1)?
    They are the Kamikaze ones, the design is 4-1.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

DJ_SI
    Interesting that they made the design for the Galant a 4-1. I have a 4-2-1 header and it is designed to give more mid range power when compared to a 4-1 header where most of the power is seen in higher rpms. I just think that it is weird that they designed a 4-1 header for a car with a flat power band such as the galants.

Anyway, did you notice any power gain/loss in the lower rpm range (1000-3000rpms)?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_SI
    Interesting that they made the design for the Galant a 4-1. I have a 4-2-1 header and it is designed to give more mid range power when compared to a 4-1 header where most of the power is seen in higher rpms. I just think that it is weird that they designed a 4-1 header for a car with a flat power band such as the galants.

Anyway, did you notice any power gain/loss in the lower rpm range (1000-3000rpms)?
    That's the major difference between the RPW design and the Kamikazee. The RPW's are 4-2-1. They significantly increase torque above 4000 RPM.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

the V6s are 4-2-1? The Inline4s Are 4-1
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    the V6s are 4-2-1? The Inline4s Are 4-1
    No, The V6's are 3-1. I misread RPW's info page. The tuned length headers are 4-1, the interference design is 4-2-1. I didn't know which one they had released to you guys.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.