The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ValveMedic

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

ValveMedic

ok so i was in pepboys earlier with my grandfather and i saw this stuff called ValveMedic. its supposed to quiet noisy valves/lifters. it was like 3.xx so i bought it. and let me tell you there is definitely a different. the lifter tick is basically gone now. i can hear it a little bit sometimes but for the most part it doesnt sound like a timebomb anymore. :D

2011 Camry- 202 miles- just picked up 9/10/10
    2008 Pontiac G6- 26,065 miles- traded in
    1999 Galant ES- 91,846 miles- long gone

Same thing happened to me. I have to do it again, but next time I do it I'm going to change my oil afterwards. It does make a difference after 5 mins though but I suggest you get an oil change after you do it.

how long do you run it in ur car before you need to change the oil?

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Stop wasting your money guys, it's just a quick fix but it will be back. I change my oil a 5500 miles or 6000 and oil filter every other oil change.

WarmAndSCSI
    Just pull your valve covers and clean your lash adjusters if you're that bothered by it. The procedure is in the service manual.

Quote Originally Posted by GALANTOWNER
    Stop wasting your money guys, it's just a quick fix but it will be back. I change my oil a 5500 miles or 6000 and oil filter every other oil change.
    you need to change ur filter everytime!!! I change my oil every 3k

I change my oil and filter every 2000 - 2500 miles...
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

Changing your oil but not your filter? How silly.

im overdue for an oil change. im gonna get it done next week when i get some more money

oh and after i started my car this morning the lifter tick was back. but this time its different. i warmed it up and drove for a little while and it was gone. before i put this stuff in it was there no matter how much i drove. so it definitely did improve

i'm also changing my oil when i'm done in the shop!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdipier2
    oh and after i started my car this morning the lifter tick was back. but this time its different. i warmed it up and drove for a little while and it was gone. before i put this stuff in it was there no matter how much i drove. so it definitely did improve

Yeah, again same thing here, but after a while it got more pronouced...so I got an oil change (Royal Purple Synthetic) and the ticking went low again. In the end I will have to take out all my lash adjusters like WarmAndSCSI said, clean them and take the old oil out of them that has been there a while. Should be fun!

oh yea big fun. im still iffy about doing anything to the engine