The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SES P0302

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

SES P0302

Would bad brakes kick on the SES light?

no.

but getting the code scanned will tell you what will...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

P0302 misfire cylinder 2........I have no symptoms, car seems to be running fine.....should I disconnect the negative cable on the bat and reset it? Wait to see if the code comes back??

I was having some idle issue a few days back but that hasn't returned at all.

I just had the plugs and wires replaced with NGK quality stuff.

I do think I know what caused this......had a bit of a drag off the line with an Acura CL (I smoked him) but something felt funny when I got to 60mph....I backed off and the SES came on.....maybe I got a misfire there from drag racing?

So what do you guys think?

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    you're misfiring in the 2nd cylinder man. its the one with the coil pack. which the coil packs and clear the code. if the code switches to the 4th cylinder then its the coil pack that went bad. if it doesnt then change the plugs. thaat mostly takes care of it. if that doesnt work, then its the injectors and such. pray its that.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

The plugs are less than 2 months old as are the wires dude.....where is the coil pack on the V6? And how do I switch the 2nd cyl and 4th? Is it under the pleneum?

reset the light and see if it comes back.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I reset the lite, of course it had trouble for a few minutes but cleared up after 5 minutes.....took her for a ride, nothing unusual.....lite didn't come back on, yet.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    oh crap.... i forgot you are v6 man. sorry....
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

LOL

no worries, I reset the light and nothing's come back.....I think it was my drag racing that set it off.....it must have misfired or something when I tried pushing it.....I backed off as soon as I felt the abnormality.

WarmAndSCSI
    Ummmm... the ignition system on the V6 can handle your "drag racing" antics on a stock engine. Hell, it handles up to 16 PSI boost without breaking up. There's something else wrong. Check the #2 plug (front bank, furthest to the left) to see if you're running rich or lean.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Ummmm... the ignition system on the V6 can handle your "drag racing" antics on a stock engine. Hell, it handles up to 16 PSI boost without breaking up. There's something else wrong. Check the #2 plug (front bank, furthest to the left) to see if you're running rich or lean.
    LOL "drag racing" antics LOL

the guy pissed me off, I was going the speed limit and his dumb ass had to stuff his grill up my ass.....when we got to a four lane and stop light....I smoked him.

anyway, how do I check if it's rich or lean? and then what should it be?

i also have the same prob, (i4) i just did a tune up in august, and used platnum plugz and changed my wires (including the coil packs) and it wuz running perfect and then 2 nights ago i wuz pushing it a lil bit and started feeling the vibrations getting worse till i hit 20mph and then it goes away, and now it really annoyz me, any1 got any other ideas of wut it cud b?