The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: School Project Gun(s) - New Pics!

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

School Project Gun(s) - New Pics!

As you may have noticed, I've been too busy with school to spend much time here lately. Here's some of the fruits of that labor. I'm done (for the most part) with the gun I had to build for school. Here are some pix of it in the Hogue stock I bought for it and the wood stock I had to make for it.

Charles Daly 98 Mauser. I barreled it for .300 Winchester Magnum. It currently has a 27.5" barrel but I am going to bring it back to school and cut it down to 20". As part of my specialization project at the end of school I'm going to rebarrel it with a Kreiger #11 contour barrel (basically it'll be 1.25" in diameter the whole way down) and add a flash suppressor set up for a quick detach sound suppressor if I have time after my main specs project. I gave it a bead blasted finish and then blued it all except the trigger, extractor and cocking piece.

So what's my specs project gunna be? I'm gunna build a semi-auto Mark14, Mod0. Basically it's a tricked out M14 in a Sage International Enhanced Battle Rifle stock. The M14 being the full auto version of the M1A, which is the modern version of the M1 Garand, which was our main battle rifle in WWII. I'm dropping no less than $3k in to this badass thang. It's gunna be hardcore. After school I'm gunna give her a QD suppressor (pretty sure no full auto or suppressors at school, yet short barrels are ok, go figure). It's gunna end up looking along these lines but possibly with a shorter barrel and definitely with a Trijicon ACOG scope. Found the perfect night vision accessory for it too. Fits right against the ACOG perfectly. Too bad it's over $8k!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    noice, you got skills kid!

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    So for the people who don't know guns, this is gonna be deadly?

I could have alot of fun w/ that gun!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    dont know what half the shit you said meant but cool nonetheless lol, nice craftsmanship though

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    so what school is this again?
    virginia tech.

LMAO!

Lol dude! Too soon. =P

Colorado School Of Trades here in Lakewood. They have a farrier program too (horseshoeing basically) but gunsmith enrollment is so high right now that we're taking over their section after this class of farriers graduates. The owner of the school hasn't decided if he's going to start it back up in a different facility or just drop it entirely.

Thanks for the comments all. As far as how deadly they are; The bolt action is accurate out to 3000 meters putting all it's rounds in about a 2-3" group. Once I cut it down it'll have that out to about 1000 yards, and 5" groups beyond. That gets a little better if I put the sound suppressor on. The terminal ballistics of a .300 Win Mag at just about any range out to a couple miles is hardcore damage. Won't penetrate much but it has insane knockdown power. I mean, hell, you could take down an elephant with a couple rounds from this thing.

The Mark 14, Mod0 is a .308 winchester AKA 7.62x51 AKA 7.62 NATO. It's the standard sniper round for American and most western forces. It's proven to be perfectly lethal in plenty of conflicts since the 50's and it's taken millions of deer here at home. The rifle I'm building it on is known for accuracy. And the barrel I'm putting on it is well known as the best there is. My order is going to take 1-4 months because the US Marines have an order in front of mine for their Designated Marksmen Rifles and their own M14, Mod0s (and the factory is currently making m-16 match barrels, then taking a week off for hunting and thanksgiving). But yeah. I mean it's freaking deadly alright. That pic of it was a soldier using it in Iraq on overwatch.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Springfield just shipped the M1A rifle. Kreiger said the DMR barrel would be here by late January at the earliest. Sage International is getting the EBR stock to me in 4-9 weeks. Most of the other small parts, extended bolt release, national match trigger group, adjustable gas port and such will only take a few days to get here so I'm holding off on ordering those.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    noice, you got skills kid!
    x2

i was wondering where you been man.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    virginia tech.
    wrong.... but funny!!!!!
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

One I just brought home...

Remington 597 in .22LR
    I put in a Volquartsen hammer and extractor and installed TruGlo fiber optic sights.

While I'm at it...

Here's my SAR-1 (semi-auto AK-47 from Romania) that I was working on recently.
    I replaced the trigger retention spring with a flat piece of metal, put in an adjustable trigger and hammer from Power Custom, Ultimak gas tube with scout scope mount, Ultimak multi rail fore end with Brownells rail covers, ErgoGrip, Tapco M4 style collapsible buttstock with SOG recoil pad, vertical foregrip and last but not least, a Trijicon tritium front night sight (rear coming soon, $80!). I also gave it a damn good cleaning and got rid of a ton of surface rust.

EDIT - Oh yeah, get this. The owner of the school got a call yesterday from the ATF about a video on YouTube (since removed) that showed two recent graduates in our test-fire booth shooting a .416 Rigby without a stock and with the barrel two inches from the snail (device we shoot into that slows the bullet down into the bottom using a snail shell like mechanism). It's uber dangerous to not have the barrel in the snail. ATF was pissed. As was the owner/director of the school. He's commanded us to A) remove any mention of the school from any videos we have on YouTube, B) never again capture video at school and C) get staff permission before taking still shots. Fooking idiots could have killed someone. Moral of the story - Don't play grab-ass when testing a gun that can cut a freaking car in half! Idiots. - EDIT

looks like my friends' paintball UZI!! lolz

Quote Originally Posted by n3oAcid24
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    virginia tech.
    wrong.... but funny!!!!!
    couldn't help myself.

i love EBR's. here are mine.

unfortunately, it' only fires 6mm plastic.

GREEN is the new BLACK

lol. I was gunna say. There's only like 250 of those silver ones. They were made on accident and sent as the first shipment to the SEALs.

So who's making the airsoft version and how much did it cost ya?

And tell me you didn't put a real EOtech on it! =P