The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mivec TT

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

mivec TT

does anyone know if the 6a12 mivec heads fit onto the 6a12TT block??

would b an interesting mod i think?
    *EVLVR4*
    6a12tt twin 38mm externalz
    twin TDO4'S

no point in doing this.. TT's compression ratio is 8.5:1

Mivec MD version is 10 i think or maybe even 11:1

6A12/13's already got potential, just a bit crowded if you replace the stock turbo's with bigger ones.. some people out there replace it with big single..

man why did I not see this thread earlier?

MIVEC 6A12 heads will fit onto the TT block no problems there - problem is I don't know if the TT pistons have enough of a pocket to allow the valves to open more when it engages MIVEC. My MIVEC pistons have a deep pocket for the valves whereas my non-MIVEC 6A12 I stripped down didn't. Stock MIVEC compression ratio is 10:1.

Good luck finding heads from a MIVEC Galant though, the FTO heads wont fit I'm pretty sure.

Seems like alot of work for minimal gains anyway.

TGC Regular
    Yea, the mivec system on the Galants isn't as good as the ones on the evo's, you'd be losing power in the long run really. I wouldn't attempt it, it'll cost more than it's worth.
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

it's not so much it's not as great as the Evos - in the Galant/FTO/Mirages etc of the 90s the MIVEC was a true variable valve and lift control with two sets of cam profiles designed specifically for N/A power. With the later MIVECs found in most post 2002ish Mitsis it was more of an economy thing boosting mid-range torque, and later adapted to the Evo IX in conjunction with the turbo.

That MIVECT blue Mirage has a 4G93 GSR block with 4G92 MIVEC head and it puts out lots of power.