The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Nitrous Oxide on 8g?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 72
    Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I'm planning on running a 75 wet shot on my V6, by your questions you really need to start asking specific questions and really learn about what your getting into. You do not want to be spraying at low rpm, and you dont want to continue spraying into the rev limiter. This requires an RPM window switch. It basically allows you to set an RPM "window" that it will allow the nitrous to run between. Now for my specific set up, I'm probably going to end up setting my window switch for 3800-6200 rpm. I might bump my minimum rpm up a few thousand rpm.

Run two nitrous solenoids and one if not two fuel solenoids. If your running a wet shot an adjustable fuel pressure regulator is a good idea.

Tuning is everything.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    I'm planning on running a 75 wet shot on my V6, by your questions you really need to start asking specific questions and really learn about what your getting into. You do not want to be spraying at low rpm, and you dont want to continue spraying into the rev limiter. This requires an RPM window switch. It basically allows you to set an RPM "window" that it will allow the nitrous to run between. Now for my specific set up, I'm probably going to end up setting my window switch for 3800-6200 rpm. I might bump my minimum rpm up a few thousand rpm.

Run two nitrous solenoids and one if not two fuel solenoids. If your running a wet shot an adjustable fuel pressure regulator is a good idea.

Tuning is everything.
    The not running into the rev limiter is debatable. Compare it to adding 100 WHP with a turbo setup on an automatic. You're not going to want that extra power to drop off between shifts. The nitrous isn't going to slam your car into the rev limiter any faster/harder than another F/I setup. Now, you do want to make sure you're not spraying nitrous PAST redline... We do have a "soft" rev limiter that begins with ignition cut and then fuel cut, so I wouldn't worry too much.

The lower bound window switch is unquestionable, though.

edit: just so you further understand what I'm saying on the redline issue, the automatic is going to want to hit the rev limiter when it's shifting when you approach that much power over stock - the shift solenoids are simply not applying enough pressure to hold between shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI

Tuning is everything.
    The not running into the rev limiter is debatable. Compare it to adding 100 WHP with a turbo setup on an automatic. You're not going to want that extra power to drop off between shifts. The nitrous isn't going to slam your car into the rev limiter any faster/harder than another F/I setup. Now, you do want to make sure you're not spraying nitrous PAST redline... We do have a "soft" rev limiter that begins with ignition cut and then fuel cut, so I wouldn't worry too much.

The lower bound window switch is unquestionable, though.

edit: just so you further understand what I'm saying on the redline issue, the automatic is going to want to hit the rev limiter when it's shifting when you approach that much power over stock - the shift solenoids are simply not applying enough pressure to hold between shifts.
    I've had the guilty pleasure of watching a V6 mustang backfire into the intake mani hardcore from hitting the rev limiter while spraying on a oversized untuned shot. The destruction was amazing, especially since the guy was being an absolute retard, so his suffering was much welcomed by me.

Its just safer to use a window switch, even all the stalled auto F-body guys I hang around with the still use window switches. That and my use of a manual trans makes it a better idea. Remember, even with an auto you can cook the tires off quick enough to send it way into the rev limiter.

I like how its called a "soft touch" rev limiter, when its more like hitting a fucking wall.

Where do you guys purchase Nitrous kits from? I saw one on AndysAutoSports but I don't really trust many other sites...

I was looking into this for a while, until I had to let the G go... But I'll prolly end up getting one in better condition in the future... I am just asking for my 1G Eclipse..
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

NICE!!! thank you so much for your respones. Im going nitrous because at drags on the weekend its easy to descize and to call that u run all motor when really u spray. I belive with the mods i had mentioned above with a tourque converter, and a window switch i think ill do just fine. most the time ill prob just run 5-75shot just to be more safe seince it is my dialy driver. I live in Ny so thats why a bottle warmer and pressure guages are a must because it gets very cold around here plus when the bottles at the right temp pressure and you plurge the shot will be more effective. I was thinking about hiding my bottle in the spare wheel compartment to kinda hide it a bit but i heard other people tryed that and it was hard to fit the 10lb bottle back there lol. But yea im deff doing a fully nitrous setup.. I cant wait to see the stupid looks on Vtecs faces as i blow past em lol well thank you so much for all your input guys keep it coming all is welcome

deff go threw the direct distruber because ive heard from freinds in the past buyin nos from aftermarket places dont always turn out right. Buy direct from the source youll pay more but its all guarteed and if its not the system your looking for u could always trade it back in for the right 1.

For the love of God! Press stop on "The Fast and the Furious" and stop calling it NOS! It's Nitrous Oxide, NOS is a brand name, as is Sony and Toshiba! Jeez, I'm getting tired of everyone calling nitrous NOS.
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by DNSerrano
    All I know is that ZEX is the best NOS system for our cars. A member down here in Miami was using that system and it worked flawlessly, spraying 75 shot SAFELY on an 8g.
    I really hope you're completely joking with this post. This guy came here for advice...

"ZEX is the best NOS system for our cars"?! WTF, seriously, WTF. NOS != nitrous. ZEX is DEFINITELY not equal to NOS. That's an oxymoron at its finest. Sorry, if you are going to try to have intelligent conversation about nitrous injection, ditch the out-of-context "NOS" teminology.

And, no ZEX is not the best "NOS" system for our cars. In fact, some people despise ZEX. Nitrous Express (NX) is also a very good option.

It's good to know that somebody was running a 75 shot safely, but are you talking 4G64, 6G72? Qualify your statements. Smaller displacement = smaller shot, as a rule of thumb. Lower end strength, head flow characteristics, and quench area are also of importance, but like I said, a general rule of thumb.
    Yo what the fuck is your problem ditching everybody's opinions. I had said that ZEX is pretty much a great option in Nitrous Oxide Systems aka NOS, not to be mistaken as the actual company "NOS". They worked great on the member that had them which by the way is Three O Five 8G, who had a 4g64 8th Gen Galant.

The main reason why I said that ZEX is a very good option is because it comes with a computer which limits the longevity of the shot (he was running a 75 shot, if I'm not mistaken). This is great for people who worry that nitrous will blow their engines once it goes into it.

Again I'm sorry for using NOS as Nitrous Oxide, just because you feel it should be called Nitrous Oxide and/or have a different term for it, God!

For the love of god, its not nos, its nitrous oxide. NOS is a brand of nitrous, standing for Nitrous Oxide Systems. Any furthur use of the rediculous term NOS without referring to the company Nitrous Oxide Systems, will be met with ridicule.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Distort
    For the love of God! Press stop on "The Fast and the Furious" and stop calling it NOS! It's Nitrous Oxide, NOS is a brand name, as is Sony and Toshiba! Jeez, I'm getting tired of everyone calling nitrous NOS.
    Off topic: I saw a tercel with like 12 NOS stickers on it along side wth NX on it's windowshield today LOL
    on topic, sort of: I agree with sci why did you even make a second thread? Just go back to your first thread....
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

WarmAndSCSI
    I wasn't dissing you personally, man

Sorry.

I'm not alone in the boat of "NOS" misuse haters.

Whatever, anyway on with anymore systems I guess. Does anyone have another system of nitrous that they have tried? Venom maybe?

Zex is a very good option for a nitrous kit. I'm building a kit thats a combination of all of them.

This really needs a lock, I couldnt help posting before the inevitable.

WarmAndSCSI
    Zex, NX, NOS was good before they got bought out. There's really no need to veture outside of Zex and NX - they basically make everything you need.

Why is there two threads of these nitrous questions??

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Distort
    My use of it was a direct quote :D

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by DNSerrano
    Why is there two threads of these nitrous questions??
    I think it may have been an accident.

I just get tired of people coming in and wanting to run things like nitrous with no prior knowladge of whats actually going on in the motor. Google Nitrous Oxide and get some real background on the stuff before you just ask what parts you need and buy them. Installing parts is easy, but to own and maintain a car with such a system installed takes some understanding of how things work.

WarmAndSCSI
    I just get tired of people coming in and wanting to run things like nitrous with no prior knowladge of whats actually going on in the motor. Google Nitrous Oxide and get some real background on the stuff before you just ask what parts you need and buy them. Installing parts is easy, but to own and maintain a car with such a system installed takes some understanding of how things work.
    This guy seems to know his stuff a little better than most. I kinda want to help him out... You have to start somewhere.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast