The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 02 simulator???

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

02 simulator???

FIRST OF ALL MY CAR IS IN THE SHOP AND IM RELATIVELY NEW TO THE GALANT ....
    I WAS TOLD THEY NEED TO FIX THE TRANS/02 SENSOR on the manifold/AND FIRST BANK CAT..

My question is if i do the 02 sensor can i use a 02 simulator to override the cat, if i do that will that eventually hurt the car ??

anyone ever use a 02 simulator.....

plz any advise will help ....

You don't want to use the 02 simulator on the manifold. The sensor on the manifold is the critical sensor. It checks your ratio. If you put the simulator for that sensor it would tell the computer that the ratio is perfect all the time, meaning it would never adjust to varying conditions. You should be able to use a simulator on the rear. My understanding of the final 02 sensor is that it just monitor to make sure that your cat/cats are functioning. If I am incorrect please anyone feel free to correct me. Hope this helps.

My car went into the shop on wednesday of last week trans being replaced but "special order part" so it wont be here till next week the cat off the exhaust manifold and 02 sensor both went bad over time ...
    I NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP BUT PREFERABLY CHEAP... OR AS CHEAP AS POSSIBLE....

i believe monkeyman hit the nail on the head... upstream necessary, downstream worthless... btw, does anyone know where to buy o2 simulators cheaply? i need one for my downstream. there may or may not have been some slight cat modification made to my car causing a constant annoying check engine light... lol
    Diamond Star Motors - Turning ordinary people into mechanics since 1989.

the only place that i have seen import o2 simulators was on jegs but im not sure if they still have them.

I'll sell you one, a very good one that alot of evo guys are using. $40+shipping
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I think I've got just the thing your lookin for... 8)

http://www.meganracing.com/products/...=575&catid=122
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)