The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Operation Rice

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 61
    Quote Originally Posted by ericbla03
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone
    looks good dude. I like it.

im almost done with a carbon trunk garnish that ive been working on. I think it would look nice on your car. Ill try and take some pics. Ill be putting it up for sale in a couple weeks.
    hmm I'd like to see some pics of this. Maybe you can do something like this for my CF trunk...
    Ill take some pics in a couple days when its done. Do the CF trunks that you guys have use the USDM size trunk garnish, or is it the longer JDM one.
    it's the longer one. You making completely out of CF? or is it wrapped?
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Experienced TGC Member
    Looks good to me. Like the way it looks on that color
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

WarmAndSCSI
    Everybody seems to like it, so it can stay. It's going to be another week before I get this thing rolling out of my garage again. The more time my car is down, the bigger my plans get.

Right now I'm contemplating some stage 2 RPW turbo cams (262/252) on top of the RIPP SDS @ 21 PSI for now and later a custom Garrett GT4088R turbo setup running about the same amount of boost. That also means I can have a greater Carbon-Fiber-to-not-Carbon-Fiber ratio.

TGC Regular
    looks good dude. I like it.

im almost done with a carbon trunk garnish that ive been working on. I think it would look nice on your car. Ill try and take some pics. Ill be putting it up for sale in a couple weeks.
    hmm I'd like to see some pics of this. Maybe you can do something like this for my CF trunk...
    Ill take some pics in a couple days when its done. Do the CF trunks that you guys have use the USDM size trunk garnish, or is it the longer JDM one.
    it's the longer one. You making completely out of CF? or is it wrapped?
    Its just an overlay.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

TGC Regular
    I like it!

Looks great on orange 8)

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Everybody seems to like it, so it can stay. It's going to be another week before I get this thing rolling out of my garage again. The more time my car is down, the bigger my plans get.

Right now I'm contemplating some stage 2 RPW turbo cams (262/252) on top of the RIPP SDS @ 21 PSI for now and later a custom Garrett GT4088R turbo setup running about the same amount of boost. That also means I can have a greater Carbon-Fiber-to-not-Carbon-Fiber ratio.
    Love the sound of those plans. Hardest part will probably be fabricating the exhaust manifold which I doubt will be too much of a challenge for you.

222whp/250wtq

WarmAndSCSI
    What do you all think about the following:

- Carbon fiber B pillar covers
    - Replacing under-window chrome trim with black DE trim (already removed the top stuff
    - Work Emotion CR Kai wheels in gun metal (current ones are Enkei ZR-1 in Hyperblack with a polished lip)
    - 3rd gen tails

I think it'll finish the look I want for the side profile of my car. On the front, I just want the 02-03 heads with an evo-style Seibon/VIS CF hood.

Current look from the side

Real carbon B-pillar example

Work wheels

3rd Gen tails

thats a nice look 8)

Damn, I like that! Where can I get one of them? Not Ebay I hope?

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexey
    Damn, I like that! Where can I get one of them? Not Ebay I hope?
    Yes, eBay

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i like the plans minus the pillars and im not huge on those wheels personally

i think these would look sick on your car or something similar.... obviously since your looking at some works your not afraid to spend a few dollars

i actually almost got these a while back

don't do the fuel door in CF overlay. if ur gonna do the fuel door do a flush sparco or the like.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    don't do the fuel door in CF overlay. if ur gonna do the fuel door do a flush sparco or the like.
    Yessir.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    CF fuel doors are gay. You ought to take off the bottum chrome window trim and paint it black or replace it with the black DE model trim. It will looks so much better even though its a small peice. Nobody ever does it(except me) but this should be done on every 8g.
    7g for life!

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    CF fuel doors are gay. You ought to take off the bottum chrome window trim and paint it black or replace it with the black DE model trim. It will looks so much better even though its a small peice. Nobody ever does it(except me) but this should be done on every 8g.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    - Replacing under-window chrome trim with black DE trim (already removed the top stuff
    Already sorted. 8)

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT

mine were swapped have pics on here somewhere of it

mines black
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

TGC Regular
    Finished this up yesterday..... it would look nice below your CF mitsu emblem 8)

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

^ Niiice. I like that!

'99 Mitsubishi Galant <3
    '06 GG Mitsubishi Evo bolt-ons 12.3 @ 108mph - sold :(
    '03 WW Mitsubishi Evo built but never tracked - sold :(

Finished this up yesterday..... it would look nice below your CF mitsu emblem 8)
    hey that looks real good. think you can wrap some more stuff for us. i am a cf freak. oh and even before this thread i began to hate my cf fuel door. it was supposed to be a temp fix.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast