The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM Taillight Installation Tutorial

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

JDM Taillight Installation Tutorial

I created this tutorial in Power Point about 5 years ago and updated it this morning. It plays automatically in Internet Explorer (select OPEN when prompted); it does not play automatically in Firefox, however, you can download it (select SAVE when prompted) and view it from your computer as a self playing presentation.

Use the mouse buttons to advance to next slide or use cursor arrows on the keyboard or the slide bar on the right side.

Link update - 02.04.09
    Click here for tutorial

Cats Out The Bag...

Is it just me, or does this tutorial not show up anymore? I'm looking for a tutorial on installing the tails below...

Any help would be appreciated...
    :D

Kid

Saving People, Property, And The Environment From Such Dangers As Fire, Hazardous Materials, And The Grim Reaper™...

i got it to work fine when I used it. Do you have power point on your pc?
    Last edited by 00GalantMan; 02-26-2008 at 01:41 PM

which part of the installing are you needing help at?

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Start Already...

Quote Originally Posted by silver01g View Post
    which part of the installing are you needing help at?
    I haven't started yet, I just know there was something about modifying the harness or so. Just out of curiousity, the stock tails have how many bulbs in it? Four? I can use the stock bulbs for the jdms right?

Kid

Saving People, Property, And The Environment From Such Dangers As Fire, Hazardous Materials, And The Grim Reaper™...

Good tutorial!!

the stock has 3 and as far as I remember u have to splice the turn/running light and make an extra bulb and u have to buy a socket from ur local store and use it
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    yea the stock has 3, but whats the point to pay $200 for jdm if you have to do all that work?

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    but whats the point to pay $200 for jdm if you have to do all that work?
    Because USDM tails are ugly?

why a power point presentation?

find out to be ALOT easier to get the tails with the harness, cause all you have to do is cut off the stock harness that comes out of the car, then cut off the JDM harness at the end (the part that connects to the car) and just wire them together, alot easier then having to mod the holes for the stock bulbs and adding another stock harness for the 4th bulb. it only took me 20 minutes to do. i got my tails from trigg for $145 shipped. that last pair i had i got off of ebay for $120 no harness did the adding and hole inlarging, to many problems, and it looked ugly when i took out the tails.

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Installation is very easy. JDM has four sockets and bulbs (one inner top socket will not be used). I kept the USDM signal socket and bulb but I had to widened (using an army knife lol) the JDM signal housing a little bit. The rest are just splicing and rewiring.

Now when I turn the running light, the signal light is on as well which is white (kinda afraid it will mistaken people that my reverse light is on while the car is moving lol).

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silver01g View Post
    find out to be ALOT easier to get the tails with the harness, cause all you have to do is cut off the stock harness that comes out of the car, then cut off the JDM harness at the end (the part that connects to the car) and just wire them together, alot easier then having to mod the holes for the stock bulbs and adding another stock harness for the 4th bulb. it only took me 20 minutes to do. i got my tails from trigg for $145 shipped. that last pair i had i got off of ebay for $120 no harness did the adding and hole inlarging, to many problems, and it looked ugly when i took out the tails.

So trigg has em for 145 shipped with harness... hmm.. 2nd gen or 3rd?

well i dont think he would just have them, i had asked him if he could get some, he said yes. told him i wanted the 2nd gen, he priced me $145 shipped. The 3rd gen would be just a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    There is a 2nd gen in the for sale section and the cheapest 3rd gen that trig has is $210 shipped

Hey jhendra can u show us some pics
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    You choice really, with what you have going with your car.... I'd probably say 2nd
    ~Lady Driven~

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I was always thinkin 2nd too, I'll get em once my checks from Arena start coming in

^ as in football? That's cool as shit,dude.(back on topic). uh...it wasnt that hard to mod the tails but if I had to do it all over again I would definetly get them with the harness. If i did the first taillight with a boxcutter instead of with a dremel I would be much happier with my install.

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    There is a 2nd gen in the for sale section and the cheapest 3rd gen that trig has is $210 shipped

Hey jhendra can u show us some pics
    I rewired everything and all bulbs are now working lol...I'll get some pics later.

Some Guys Have All The Luck...

Quote Originally Posted by jhendra83 View Post
    I rewired everything and all bulbs are now working lol...I'll get some pics later.
    At least someone has got around to doing theirs...I just gave up on mine for the time being...:(...I guess it'll come back later...

Kid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast