The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: N/A Max Power

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 108
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    That was a member named Maximus... he had the CMF header, custom intake manifold, he was in search for a new camshaft, had a walbro 255 fuel pump, 60mm throttle body, AEM v2 intake and Dynomax catback exhaust. He was estimating an extra 40-50 ponies with a tune... also had other small mods to help as well

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwikfox
    Quote Originally Posted by GALANTOWNER
    Or get a 5spd swap in there first and then do an evo head swap and a 16 to 21 lb turbo and that will feel really good. Lots of work to get that 21lb Turbo but I have seen it done on 4g64 motor.
    16 or 21 lb turbo? Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?
    WTF is up with that comment, I realize you think you know everything about every generation of the G, but you dont have to be an asshole about it. That comment was very uncalled for. You need to stop going around and insulting people like that, you have insulted, or was a smart ass to "GALANTOWNER" and "Racesnos" that I know of. There is no need on this site to be a smart ass, or a prick.
    Would you rather people ran around rampantly spouting off BS like this confusing people who are about to drop cash on their cars? I'll be sure to just ignore any PMs from you and others who want advice or questions answered in the future. People are too easily offended - get OVER it.

I could see you being upset if I said he sounded stupid without explaining why, but I took the time to qualify that statement. And note the wording - I said he sounded stupid by saying that, not that he is actually stupid. Again, what is so offensive about that?

edit: And where in the world do you get the idea that I think I know everything about every generation of Galant? I hardly ever give any advice about 6G's or 7G's unless I have a solid answer or personal experience (which I don't having never worked on either generation). That seems like a personal attack more than anything. Which I'm fine with, but definitely try harder next time. For example, "who thinks he knows everything about the 6G72 platform." Which would be a lot more accurate - find me somebody on this board who knows as much as I do about the V6 Galant/Eclipse GT/GTS engines and tuning thereof and I'll be very impressed.

edit2: and even then, I can think of at least one guy who knows his way around the 6G72, even founded most of his own business on that particular platform. He's not a frequent poster, but I admit he's pretty damn smart.
    First off, I highly doubt anybody was about to dump a lot of cash into their cars off of what GALANTOWNER posted, and if they did go off of only what he said, they deserve any mishaps they encounter, second, their was no need for the insulting phrase at all, whether it was the first or the last sentence, it was not needed.

As for me being offended, I would hardly say I was offended, but more irritated than anything. I saw what you posted to Racesnos, (which happens to be a good friend of mine) about his question a couple weeks ago, which was a pretty smart assed response for a valid question, and I said nothing, I thought it was a slip up, but I see you doing it again, and a little more straitforward I get the feeling that this will become a regular occurance, even one of our newer members galant3jl12's has even noticed it. No matter how you read that sentence it sounds pretty demeaning.

As for my comment about you "thinking you know everything" I say that not as an attack against you, but more a comment on how you make yourself sound when you are talking about your car, and if you took it as an attack, I apologize.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by GALANTOWNER
    Or get a 5spd swap in there first and then do an evo head swap and a 16 to 21 lb turbo and that will feel really good. Lots of work to get that 21lb Turbo but I have seen it done on 4g64 motor.
    16 or 21 lb turbo? Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?
    WTF is up with that comment, I realize you think you know everything about every generation of the G, but you dont have to be an asshole about it. That comment was very uncalled for. You need to stop going around and insulting people like that, you have insulted, or was a smart ass to "GALANTOWNER" and "Racesnos" that I know of. There is no need on this site to be a smart ass, or a prick.
    Would you rather people ran around rampantly spouting off BS like this confusing people who are about to drop cash on their cars? I'll be sure to just ignore any PMs from you and others who want advice or questions answered in the future. People are too easily offended - get OVER it.

I could see you being upset if I said he sounded stupid without explaining why, but I took the time to qualify that statement. And note the wording - I said he sounded stupid by saying that, not that he is actually stupid. Again, what is so offensive about that?

edit: And where in the world do you get the idea that I think I know everything about every generation of Galant? I hardly ever give any advice about 6G's or 7G's unless I have a solid answer or personal experience (which I don't having never worked on either generation). That seems like a personal attack more than anything. Which I'm fine with, but definitely try harder next time. For example, "who thinks he knows everything about the 6G72 platform." Which would be a lot more accurate - find me somebody on this board who knows as much as I do about the V6 Galant/Eclipse GT/GTS engines and tuning thereof and I'll be very impressed.

edit2: and even then, I can think of at least one guy who knows his way around the 6G72, even founded most of his own business on that particular platform. He's not a frequent poster, but I admit he's pretty damn smart.
    First off, I highly doubt anybody was about to dump a lot of cash into their cars off of what GALANTOWNER posted, and if they did go off of only what he said, they deserve any mishaps they encounter, second, their was no need for the insulting phrase at all, whether it was the first or the last sentence, it was not needed.

As for me being offended, I would hardly say I was offended, but more irritated than anything. I saw what you posted to Racesnos, (which happens to be a good friend of mine) about his question a couple weeks ago, which was a pretty smart assed response for a valid question, and I said nothing, I thought it was a slip up, but I see you doing it again, and a little more straitforward I get the feeling that this will become a regular occurance, even one of our newer members galant3jl12's has even noticed it. No matter how you read that sentence it sounds pretty demeaning.

As for my comment about you "thinking you know everything" I say that not as an attack against you, but more a comment on how you make yourself sound when you are talking about your car, and if you took it as an attack, I apologize.
    "What is a wishbone thingy?" was a valid question? Wow, I'll be sure to take questions like that more seriously in the future. Give me a break, this is a car forum, not a daycare where everybody needs their feelings protected.

And galant3jl12 can think I'm condescending and "not very friendly" all day long, because it's the truth. Do I give a fuck what you think about me? No. Do I want to sit on this forum and give people sound advice, whether it be condescending or "not very friendly?" Yes, I do. Grow a pair and take what I say at face value rather than thinking I'm attacking somebody individually.

edit: and I call a truce - this thread would have stayed on topic had you not tried to pick a fight with me. I feel bad for the OP.

So what you are saying is that since you have vast knowledge of your car, and you feel like you know more than anyone else here, that it gives you sound reason to act like an ass to people that may not know as much as you? Because in my mind, if everybody knew as much as you know about there cars, they wouldnt be on this forum asking questions about their car, now would they? I am by no means offended, just a little irritated thats all. The way I look at it, if someone comes and seeks you out individually, you can talk to them however you wish, but when its a valid general question or response on a public thread, the person posting does not deserve a smart assed response, unless they are trying to get smart assed responses. Only thing I am trying to say is try and be a little more respectful, becasue you might say something to someone that will tell one of the moderators. This forum is not for people who knows more about the galants to condescend, or direspect the people who are trying to learn about their cars.

Edit: I never meant to start a fight with anybody, I just made a comment on how you were treating some of the fellow members here, so to be technical, you were the one who took it into an argument. But alright, truce.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

WarmAndSCSI
    I seriously think you're about to cry over this or something.

I can put all kinds of undertones of aggression and condescendance in my posts all day long. And I hope to God it continues to irritate you.

I can put all kinds of undertones of aggression and condescendance in my posts all day long. And I hope to God it continues to irritate you.
    HAHAHA a little pompous are we? You wish. I am just having fun with this now. I can fight all day!

WarmAndSCSI

HAHAHA a litle pompous are we? You wish. I am just having fun with this now. I can fight all day!
    Please. Read up a few posts and see how I asked you to stop arguing. Are you done yet?

And, on a serious note, you need to realize when you're trying to pick a fight or not. Nobody else had any problem with how I pointed out how blatantly STUPID it was to call a turbocharger a "16 lb" or "21 lb" turbo. Did it really irritate you enough to shit in this thread or were you just trying to pick a fight? I was just responding directly to bogus information that had been posted in this thread.

Actually I was done, until you made your post about you thinking I was ready to cry over this. But whever your dont throwing shit at me, I am done. :D

WarmAndSCSI
    Actually I was done, until you made your post about you thinking I was ready to cry over this. But whever your dont throwing shit at me, I am done. :D
    That's fine. I didn't start this argument. Remember that.

Actually, as I said before I just made a comment on your actions, i was not expecting it to break out into an argument... but since it did, I had a little fun with it, this is the last post about it from me. See you at MOD next year! :D

WarmAndSCSI
    Actually, as I said before I just made a comment on your actions, i was not expecting it to break out into an argument... but since it did, I had a little fun with it, this is the last post about it from me.
    I hope your at MOD next year so you can see my massively condescending and unfriendly personality in action. I'm sure how you perceive my posts online is a wonderful insight into my actual psyche.

And, again, sorry to the OP. Like with almost everybody else on this forum who has serious questions in well-formed sentences, you're free to PM me directly with your queries. You can join those who have found my condescending, unfriendly posts quite useful.

If you can't tell, Kwikfox, I'm being sarcastic again.

edit: and you read my mind about MOD

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Intrawebs + anonimity = total douchebaggary.

This is the way of the internet, learn to live with it or leave.

His comment was going to get picked on by someone, the guess is who will get to it first, and who will be offended.

My turn

Maybe he was talking actual weight of the turbo, heavier turbo = bigger turbo = more boost, its science.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    Maybe he was talking actual weight of the turbo, heavier turbo = bigger turbo = more boost, its science.
    Too bad I already hypothesized that. I was kidding, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    Too bad I already hypothesized that. I was kidding, though.
    Damn, shows how much I pay attention

u all suck balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    u all suck balls.
    go back in your hole.

haiiiryy funky ones

at least offer the man some N/A mods he can do to add hp, THEN clutter his thread... kinda like i did

WarmAndSCSI
    Wow, this thread went to absolute shit. Shame.

i like apples =]

im sure if this kind of shit keeps up this thread wont even be checked by the OP. damn what a waste. its funny you know when someone gets their pussy stepped in and then they fuck a perfectly good thread up by saying how much their pussy's hurt. lets all meet in the expose the previous poster thread. see you there. oh and to the OP. like i said before it really wouldnt be a bad idea to go boost for the simple fact that horsepower to dollar ratio is much better with boost when done correctly with correctly sized turbos, adequte fuel system, and a way to tune it all. be good to yourself and boost that bitch

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast