The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: She is Alive !

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Showing results 241 to 248 of 248
    TGC Regular
    hell yea. Sounds like you got it all down,

i got a crack in my radiator too, But i just sealed it up with some JB Water Weld. And it holds great.

I noticed my O ring on my water intlet pipe is Dripping anti freeze, Im guessing its letting air in, and has an air bubble in the coolant lines, so the thermostat is not opening up. this only drips after it has been running, maybe its just the system is getting to hot and building up pressure. Not sure. Sounds like a job for a shop :) after the month ive had hehe,

I wanna get my ride painted, i redone my interor myself, its doable for now. I need to get this engine all tuned up and running good :) Well taco bell is here, then im doin some chillin ! im not going to drive my car much, just to work and back for now, till i get the coolant issues fixed, and wont be a problem now that i can sell this van to the byer thats been paitnetly waiting :)

Well sounds like a plan, i cant wait for income to come again. i gonna get the FULL tuneup at firestone, they charge alot, but i rather get it done the right way.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

TGC Regular
    Wow. I read over this again, I cant belive how stupid i was when i started this project haha. Im an idot, Oh well, i got lucky now, and i know a thing or to, Still alot to learn. But ill definatly take different prosedures when i do the 5pd swap . LoL.

I do have a problem going on, But i belive its my TPS ( Throttle Posistioning Sensor ) But i didnt get any search results. I will just PM the great and all mighty scsi, i swear, i woulda lost my whip if it wasnt for him.

TGC Regular

Rought on re- startup, Wants to fall on its face.

I didnt get any Results on a Throttle Posistioning sensor, is there anything like that on this car ? It runs fine if i let it sit for a while ( couple hours ) and start it. Everything is perfect. Idles a little high till it gets warmed up ( which is normal )

But now if i for say, start it, and drive ( dont really matter the distance or anything, Long or short drives ) once i shut it off, And if i come back in for say, 15 minutes. Or an hour. It will pretty much just choke out and die almost. Idles really rough. till it corrects itself ( about 20 seconds or so ) then it idles back up and runs perfectly fine like nothing happened.

Was just wonderin if anyone has had this problem before ? would save me alot of time and troubleshooting ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse97526 View Post
    I didnt get any Results on a Throttle Posistioning sensor, is there anything like that on this car ? It runs fine if i let it sit for a while ( couple hours ) and start it. Everything is perfect. Idles a little high till it gets warmed up ( which is normal )

But now if i for say, start it, and drive ( dont really matter the distance or anything, Long or short drives ) once i shut it off, And if i come back in for say, 15 minutes. Or an hour. It will pretty much just choke out and die almost. Idles really rough. till it corrects itself ( about 20 seconds or so ) then it idles back up and runs perfectly fine like nothing happened.

Was just wonderin if anyone has had this problem before ? would save me alot of time and troubleshooting ;)
    i get this problem when i have disconnected the battery or it went dead and the ecu has to relearn. But it goes away after a day or two as you may have seen by now.

TGC Regular
    reading back on all this, i cant help but laugh . Cant believe the headache i put everyone thought ! sorry Scsi ! if u are still around ;p

Having some missfire issues now, but throwing a code.. cylinder 2 missfire. so i ordered new coil packs and new plug wires and plugs. Going to check all my grounds and make sure they are all secure.. have it taken to my exaust shop guy and have him look over it, there is some rattling under the car against the body, just sounds like the muffler thought. its too low to get under there and look really. lol :) also plan on replacing my 02 sensors for the first time ! :) other than that, she has been very good to me ! :) so i bought her a pair of H.I.D's that im going to be putting in next week. Hope everyone here has been doin good ! :) ill be stopping in more to try to help others in need out !

TGC Regular
    Well i found the problem... Im not sure what caused it... but lol... its fixed, i went ahead and replaced everything else also. the last things i thought would be the plugs, these had about 5,000 miles on them or so... Notice anything strange ? Cylinders 2 and 4 ... Maybe thats why it was misfiring ? lol... Naw !!

Last edited by Eclipse97526; 08-27-2011 at 03:16 PM

TGC Regular
    and no, im not running marine plugs in my car. lol. gotta love autozone... i asked for NGK coppers. and thoes look like uridium plugs. Searched the numbers and they came up NGK platinum... Sigh. Ill go to nappa from now on. but on looking for a more durable brand, these look like the welds were done very cheaply, and they just heated up and fell off or something. got her all ready for HID's :) they will be here monday, expect pictures of that ! :) woo hoo ! im stoked, and she is running great. New plugs, wires and coil packs... shes happy :) bath time for her !

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213