The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: She is Alive !

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Showing results 181 to 200 of 248
    TGC Regular
    maybe this is all timing related. Cause that pin whole is about 6 mm from the tip of the tensioner, looks almost all the way extended, ITs not compressed at all....no wear even near bieng able to put a pin threw the hole again.

WarmAndSCSI
    How did you set the angle on the tensioner pulley without the tool? 3SX.com is the only place I know that sells to the public that has that tool. AutoZone will have no clue, trust me.

Go to the dealer and ask them to get the reluctor FOR YOUR EXACT car. I said to do that before and even gave you a part #. Yes, that could be causing it also. It's a $15 part, why didn't you order one last Friday? We have the same problems with our reluctors on 6G74 swaps, but it's a problem with more contact points than there should be, not different lengths of overlap.

I said the part was superseded, I have no idea if the one Brandon sent you is the superseded part. Mitsu doesn't keep pictures of parts, sadly.

TGC Regular
    what does superseded mean ?
    I didnt get it because they were the same part number ?

Mitsu dont even know what part im talking about when i say reluctor, or camshaft sending cylinder ( as the manual refers to it as )

TGC Regular
    i didnt order it cause underrated was going to send me the whole reluctor + cover + sensor.

TGC Regular
    More money wasted :( Well everything should run then judged on the pictures ? if i got my timing right ? lol,

TGC Regular
    wouldnt happen to have that part # again for the Reluctor, im going to go to 3sx and order that tensioner tool.

I thank you again for all your help man, I will never listen to anyone who says they know what they are doing, and i dont do anything unless i know for sure, and next time, i think ill ask before attempting some shit like this, Hopefully this saves my ride. Ill keep you posted when i get my parts.

WarmAndSCSI
    Sorry, I can't get part numbers until I get home.

TGC Regular
    edit2: MD346813 superseded by MD374910. $14.62 MSRP

Which one is the one i need ? I thought superseded was like, replaced. or updated.

WarmAndSCSI
    Give them both and make them find out if that's the right one for a 1999. Superseded means that the second part number replaced the first one.

Either part number should pull the same part.

TGC Regular
    so that one was prolly released when they changed over to 2 coil packs, Wow, That sucks, The shipping on thoes Tensioners are CRAZY spendy, and a week away.... Oh my god. maybe someone can sell me one off of here. Do you know anywhere else that would have the tensioner tool ?

WarmAndSCSI
    Make your own tool to set the tension... all you need to be concerned with is that the rotation on the tensioner pulley is such that the pin can be pulled out of the tensioner pushrod and body without resistance.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    god damn it to hell!!! Superseded means that the part is no longer listed and has been superseded(changed or replaced ) by a new number or part.

Dude, you are making this way worse than it probably is. First off you tried to do a half ass job without the proper tools. Not ragging on you or anything but if you dont have the right tools then you are already putting yourself in a world of trouble and pain.

Lastly, i say you tear the fucking thing back down(make sure you get a repair manual or FSM. Im sure you can buy that in autozone. The Haynes manual isnt all that correct but its better than having no experience or knowledge at all going into these things. I noticed that you dont know much about cars or i should say your paticular car.

What i would do if it was me would be to buy or rent the right tools for the job, check your timing tensioner(you probably destroyed it) and replace if needed. The tensioner has to have the little pin compressed before you reinstall it. Compress it and you will see a lil tiny hole, put something small in the hole to so the pin on the tensioner stays compressed. Make sure you check your thermostat and replace if needed. Makes sure you have enough coolant. Now that i have your attention. go to www.google.com and look up how to bleed the cooling system or better yet go to www.howstuffworks.com to get an insight on timing and any other things you may not know.

You got guts kid.....I remember my first 5spd swap and how not knowing what i was doing was just awful. After reading and learning a few things now i can do the swap in less than 3 hours with no problems.

Dude, just send the money and my plane ticket and i will have you up and running by Monday.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    god damn it to hell!!! Superseded means that the part is no longer listed and has been superseded(changed or replaced ) by a new number or part.

Dude, you are making this way worse than it probably is. First off you tried to do a half ass job without the proper tools. Not ragging on you or anything but if you dont have the right tools then you are already putting yourself in a world of trouble and pain.

Lastly, i say you tear the fucking thing back down(make sure you get a repair manual or FSM. Im sure you can buy that in autozone. The Haynes manual isnt all that correct but its better than having no experience or knowledge at all going into these things. I noticed that you dont know much about cars or i should say your paticular car.

What i would do if it was me would be to buy or rent the right tools for the job, check your timing tensioner(you probably destroyed it) and replace if needed. The tensioner has to have the little pin compressed before you reinstall it. Compress it and you will see a lil tiny hole, put something small in the hole to so the pin on the tensioner stays compressed. Make sure you check your thermostat and replace if needed. Makes sure you have enough coolant. Now that i have your attention. go to www.google.com and look up how to bleed the cooling system or better yet go to www.howstuffworks.com to get an insight on timing and any other things you may not know.

You got guts kid.....I remember my first 5spd swap and how not knowing what i was doing was just awful. After reading and learning a few things now i can do the swap in less than 3 hours with no problems.

Dude, just send the money and my plane ticket and i will have you up and running by Monday.
    My friend had the tools, and he had all the tools fir the right job, But i told him to fuck off, and i could do a better job buy myself, he kept fucking everything up . He was the one that " Knew How to do it " I dont wanna get on this subject either, idmagine having a good friend of your help you out, and he fucks you over, and there isint a mechanic in your town that will touch your car. Im sorry for not understanding, and asking questions. But thats why i came here is for help, without you guys i woulda never gotten this far. And i would have been fucked without a Car Perminatly

I dont have no money to take it to a mechanic, and if i just took it, i wouldnt have it in time to go see my daughter up in portland. And this is not really an option for me, i have already spent ever dollar i have trying to fix the mistakes my friend made, and paying for the whole thing in the begining, And i did go back over Everything, and did it buy the books, and now im stuck here, And there are no mechanics in this small ass town of nobody, and the ones here wont touch a mitsubishi, the closeist dealership is 2 hours awak, and thats a 400 $ tow bill alone, You try to make it work with 50 bucks buddy, then come ranting to me. I have tried to be as patient as possible, and not ripp my friends head off..... My options WERE. Either

A. No car, and everything all fucked up, bolts not tighting nothing puttin back,

b. Just leave it how he left it, and try to get it to run, Yes I had a bag of 30 bolts... NO JOKE. A while fuckin sandwich baggie full.

c. Rebuild my own engine, Do everything i just saw him do, and do it again right. And hope for the best, Possibly Fixing the car and learning a thing or to...

d. There was no option d . Loose all the money i initiall put into fixing my engine, and go the holidays without seeing my daughter, or bieng able to afford a single thing for her.

Put yourself in my shoes... i bet you your ass would be pickin up a wrench.

TGC Regular
    And i went out and bought a Hiltos, And a Haynes, As well as using the Techinical Mitusbishi books.

I know what the problem is, It is that i got the wrong camshaft sensor for my car, the vin dont match with that sensor, My old one is difrent,

So the car is running off time.

Period...

Thanks for the piece of info on how stuff works, i appreachate you trying to help me in the midst of you trying to tear me down, but i wish u were in my situation... Maybe you would then understand, Not everyone has money, and not everyone has a choice.

TGC Regular
    dude, i would pay for you to come help me in a hearbeat, But i have 40 $ to get me buy till the 15th, then that check goes to bills, and hopefully gas on my way up to spend the holidays with my daughter, if im lucky, and get my car back going, If not, Ill be staying here for the holidays, i wish i had the money to send you to just fly over here and help me,. i would love nothing more, expecially for how much i love and care for my car, i have had her longer than my daughter has been around..... :(

TGC Regular
    all together in my saving and everything i prolly have 140 bucks to my name, how much is a plane ticket ? it would have to be to Medford oregon, i could prolly borrow my friends van to get there... ill talk to some people, see if i cant get some money :( I dont know what to do, ive already payed out up the ass.

WarmAndSCSI
    I wish I could help, but that's not possible for me right now. I'm only a few hundred miles away in Northern Utah.

Dude, im not ragging on you but you are going in complete circles. Oh i cant put myself in your shoes because i wouldnt have went that route.

#1.I know waht i am doing
    #2. I never let anyone but a mechanic or a tech touch my car.
    #3. And even then i dont trust mechanics so i read up and do myself
    #4. Out of all the things people have been telling you to try, I would listen and be optimistic.
    #5. Your friend is an idiot and him having worked on 3 turbo2G's and cant get your simple galant running right means he is a liar and dont know shit.
    #6. Everyone has their own opinion and i just voiced mine.

Now get your head out of your ass, stop the whimpering and fix your shit dude :smt001

TGC Regular
    Its all good, it can only be one thing i mean. I did everything buy the books,. I even talked to a tec at the dealership, i was pissed about having to order a part thats out a week.

He was telling me, when i pull the pin out that the timing is set, And the tensioner is supposed to push on the rod,

I asked him about bieng able to stick a pin back threw, and he said, that it puts pressure on the lever, and holds the tensioner so it " auto Tensions " the belt, Which is why its called an auto Tensioner, I dont need to manualy set it,

So then it should be set. because its not loose at all, and its not too tight, still hasnt jumped any teeth, i think its simple.

My timing is off, and its not sparking at the right time because i got a cam cylinder for a difrent year Galant, that had difrent timing specs, With a quad coil pack, rather than a dual coil pack setup, a dual blaster pack setuo reuries a completly difrent cylinder . he ran my vin # and got me the right part that i need on order. 21.45 over nighted.

hope all works well.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast