The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: She is Alive !

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Showing results 221 to 240 of 248
    here some help to check your vacuum routing (the components are in different places on the stock manifold but the outlander and the galant use the same components so just follow the hose routing)

get a vise or a 5 inch c-clamp for the auto tensioner and small allen wrench or cut off a small piece of a wire hanger to fit in the hole... you have to set the tensioner pulley to the right preload or else your timing is not right and you will have slack in the belt.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

TGC Regular
    I just thought i would post the news, Well. here, Its dark outside, But look for yourselfs ;)

Fresh ECU Reset So. She will take a bit to get back to normal. Let me know what ya all think ?

Now onto the small fish :) the thermostat i just bought is not kickin open, must be the wrong one. I dont really care. Im just glad she is back. Somehow, Rob managed to fit the crankshaft sensor plate around backwards. So yea. i was doing my timing again, cause when i paid to have it done, there was some extra slack, With a little bit of prybar love. and a clothes hanger, i was able to properly tension my belt. It did not help. There had to be something else now. Because... Well. I have eliminated every other possibility. So time to look at the obvious.

Its out of time. Period. I started notcing that the belt marks on the crankshaft sensor plate were facing a difrent direction, then rember rob installed that, and i tire everything down besides the crank, because the left balancing shaft lined up, and everything else was TDC. But it didnt look like it was TDC buy looking at the crank angle sensor, I figured well, if this is TDC than it should just be at the start of this plate, unbolted it, Flipped it around, sure enuf, there is a big white V on the plate... ( Where to like it up with the timing mark ) just so happened it fit together perfectly, and was a breeze. Well brither side of the situation. Was an expencive lession, and i have alot more to learn, but. I got a great understanding of the 4g63 and 4g64 motor now. And i can tear down and set the timing in 15 minues, including putting it back together. i could do an entire head rebuild in 3 days, including removal and re-assembly, and i have worked all the bugs out now, LOL . i guess sometimes you learn better buy fixing other peoples mistakes. And learned everything about my car. I mainly want to thank SCSI for dealing with my attutude. As im sure most of you know how that can be with 4 weeks of having your car tore apart. And id like to thank underrated for shippin me thoes parts i needed ASAP ! =) And as well as stweie for some great timing tips. and the list goes on. Im glad she is back and running, tomarrow, i can focus on the more imporatnt things ! gettin laid lmfao ! :P then im heading to portland.

TGC Regular
    ill be looking for an evo head in the next few months, keep an eye out. only reason im making this a priorty. Only thing rob did that i cant, and havent redone, are my valves. And i dont know how long they will last, cause well, everything goes to shit that he touches. ( i did go threw and double check them all, i had to re-do 4 of 16 valves, and after i got it all back together, i found out he used a drill to lathe in the valves.

So im just going to re-do this right. Please notifye me of any and all Evo 8 accessories ( AC Pump, Power steering pump, alternator , and as well as the entire head ( used is perfectly ok ) As well as an ecu and injectors, ( Would prefer the whole head with throttle body and intake manifold. i already have the oil quirters that i will install, as well as the balancing shaft eliminator kit.

I wont be buying these till after the holidays, But please keep an eye out incase you happen to run across somethin .
    also in need of a light weight. Not Undersized. Or under drive . Just straight stock size, billet alluminum crank pulley. I will post a post in the wanted section when i am more prepared. Thanks everyone !!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Congrats man! happy for you. Take this as a lesson learned and experience gained.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

TGC Regular
    Aye. Definatet experiance gained.. And possibly a new job gained ;) My mechanic was here all day long, and he didnt charge me at all, i ended up discovering the problem ;) he was a cool dude , I just wanted to thank you all again, i know its 7:40. But im going to take a adrive ! Thanks to everyone for your support, If anyone needs any help, or has any problems, ill be more than happy to try and help. You all rock. Im so glad i got my car back.

Now i wonder what it would cost to do my thermostat Again, its still not opening up, i did the flush and everything, but my return like wont open up, just keep getting hotter.

WarmAndSCSI
    Told you your timing was off the entire time

Check your camshaft and crankshaft sensors? Nobody ever listens.

Glad you got it working, though.

TGC Regular
    Anyone want an autp in perfect condition ? ill sell it cheap, or trade it with some cash for a 5 spd outta a 3g

TGC Regular
    yea well, thats the funny part, i mean, it wasnt even throwing a check engine lite or anything, i mean i checked the timing ALOT, lol, i dont know how i missed that plate. ok. Well. Let me re word that, I didnt know wha i was doing, lol. So it took me a while to figure out what the problem was, lol even the mechanic was saying valve timing. But yea, i didnt know rob was that much of a retard, i thought i went over EVERYthing he did, But i was wrong.

Well the only people that will ever touch under my engine, are myself, and curtius. leanred the lesson the hard way. It wasnt like i was stuch changing plug wires. i mean this is twhat it looked like when i told him to get the hell outta here.

Then i had to have his help doing the timing, cause he took everything apart and dint mark anything.

Here are a few more pictures of the project NIGHTMARE

Makes you think twice about letting other people work on your car doesn't it. The only people I have had help me so far are guys that own galants and we spent almost two days talking over all the work before we started anything. Anyways glad to hear you have your car running, now start saving up for the next round of mods.

222whp/250wtq

TGC Regular
    =) Im already ontop of it :)

Well, First think i gotta get this all dialed in, my thermostat is not opening, and i noticed the backside of my engine is all soaking. definatly coolant, has a distinct smell when it burns lol, and a distinct texture. So im going to take my car in monday and have the coolant system pressurized, find out where my leak is, and see if they cant properly bleed my system.

But for some change of luck, and some good news !!!! I got a TDO5 H Today. From a 2nd gen Eclipse.

I rember underrated saying something about having a turbo mani :)

Just kinda curious. What must be done to my ECU to switch everything over to turbo, people are saying the Galant ECU's Cant be flashed. Well at least, thats what the dealership said, and there a buncha idots. They said that this ECU cant be reprogrammed or anything, its strictly stock applications.

Which ECU do i need to run a turbo setup, and not make the computer go all crazy.
    Is this the time to go to a standalone engine management system ? or is there a bolt on ecu swap of some sort ?
    i know alot has to be done, or the computer dont know what to do with the boost. and dont know to dump fuel.

All i have right now is the turbo, and a 2nd gen manifold, and a side mount intercooler. ( yuck a little guy ) and a few elbows and what not, i need more piping and a FMIC, But im thinking, a 5 spd swap is the next project in line. And i think, Ill have someone that has done a few come help me out, ill save up money, and research and do it properly.

Im gonna make one hell of a firework =) At least, thats what everyone tells me, But from what i hear, These G's Run 8-16 lbs of boost and hold it all day long.

Yeah this was my nightmare threeweeks without her.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

TGC Regular
    wow crazy, you left the intake manifold all hooked up ? i guess it does have lower support brackets to hold it to the block, i never thought of that, was to much of a bitch to get to the manifold bolts, ( intake ) so i just pulled the whole thing.

So what you got going on there ? she up and running now ? any intrestering suprises ? i dont know about you, but i sure learned a thing or 2. Main thing i learned was respect for my car. Which i have always had, but its like getting married, I truely understand her now ; )

TGC Regular
    i really like scsi's Ride. SCSI ! wanna go take a picutre ? :)

I think in january, im going to look for a V6 Galant, 8g. Or a 6th gen, my friend has a GSX he is selling for 1,500.( and i do have the turbo / manifold / intercooler that will bolt right up to it. No turbo,as is right now but its 4g63 AWD DOHC w/ a 5 speed. But i think i need the V6 ;) the 3000 VR4 Motor will bolt right into the V6 engine bay wont it ? ( would be my reason for buying a v6 ) build and swap a 3000 gt motor, the 6g72 is it ? i dont know. I will definatly do some reasearch on it. I want to built another motor, but do it right

lol. well thats what most of us see it as. she gets me from a to b, so as long as i keep her clean and updated on checkups she'll always be there for me, even tho we've been threw alot already. yeah she runs now, not to much of a difference. i did replace the spark plugs, changed the oil and all the other stuff, but been with her for awhile now she feels the same to me. you will go threw alot with your, believe me. I still need alot to get for her to drive and ride the right way.

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

TGC Regular
    Whats wrong with her ? i mean, i never had one problem with my car ever, untill 110 k miles, my alternator took a crap ( 4600 Watt stereo ) and my waterpump was leaking, why i rebuilt my whole motor, i dont know, lol, experience ? i knew this wouldnt be shit compared to the Evo head swap. a expencive learning process, didnt help i had someone helping me that didnt know anything.

But why is your car not running right ? it sounds like she is not doing so good?

naw she runs good, i meant my motor mounts are out, car shacks like crazy. my shocks and struts are out so i bounce on every little bump. gotta rewire alot of stuff, mainly my fault rushing to install shit didnt take time to wire.

TGC Regular
    hehe, thats why i learned patiences real quick, i wanted it done right, and that can be fusterating :)

I did notice that my rear motor mount is gone, its like cracked and compeltly broken ( rubber part is seaprated and wraped around the bolt. the bolt is laying difrectly on the motor mount, no rubber. ) so that would explain why my car is a little shakey.

i got a antifreeze leak thats my main concern. I will have to pressurize the system and find out where its coming from, i think it was when i was driving it last night, it did get a little hot. I didnt notice cause my gauge inside is ok, i drove up town and shut it off to check everything out. and it was definatly hot, and the fan was not kicking on, and the bottom hose was cool to the touch.and my lash adjusters were going crazy loud clicking
    So i killed it and chilled with my homie at work for an hour, and let her cool, everything was fine. drive home called it a night.

mechanics told me that its working fine, cause the top of the radiator is hot, and the bottom is progressivly cooler. but i dont think thats the case, i think the thermostat is not opening up. cause it did not look exactly like OEM
    it did not have the little gold squiggly metal piece on the new thermostat.
    ( tells you which side goes up )
    So i think thats the probem. Just my thought, could be wrong , ill take it to a radiator + coolant specialty place monday Pay and have it fixed, and call it one hell of a learning curve that i endured threw this entire project ;) i owe you all for your support .

TGC Regular
    cgeck meganracing.com

i picked mine up one month when they offered free shipping, i payed 115 for all 4 springs, and i got a set of KYB Gr-2 's off e-bay for about 260 shipped. its reletivly easy, the fronts are a bit difficult, the hardist part is getting the old springs off the struts. But if i could do it again, i would have bought all new hardware, because i still got that " Clunk " when i go over a big pothole, but shes Low. So i just chill mob. i need polyurathane hardware for the front shocks / struts. the Shock mounts or what ever there called ;) i dont know cause i never replaced mine, lol, and my car is still rough ridin but GREAT at high speeds

Yeah my thermostat went out to, but i also had a crack on top of the radiator which is common ive heard on the galants. replaced the radiator and thermostat did it after work, got her done around 3 or 4 in the morning. well i have drop springs already Teins. And im hearing KYB AGX are better so im saving up for the adjustables. Yeah i wanted the GR2s, but after hearing the stories and reading the threads AGXs sounded better. But im a organzied guy i like to go in order. after i get the JDM parts from trigg, and when my body and paint man comes back from his vacation and i get the outside done, im gonna start on the interior, cause man my interior looks like shit, the only thing that makes her stand out are the screens. then after that i wanna start with the suspension. like the strut bars rear sway bar shocks and struts change out the drop springs with adjustable coilovers. stuff like that.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast