The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: She is Alive !

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 248
    WarmAndSCSI
    Dunno, all I know is that the 1999 part was superseded. That could be the nwer part. Give it a try.

TGC Regular
    I did. Seems it is runing the same. Wanting to die out, and when i give it a little gas, it does like nothing. like bogs down and ya, it sucks, maybe try difrent plugs ? i dont know.

TGC Regular
    Seems my car is getting hot REALLY fast. And then the fan does not kick on or anything, my car gets like boiling hot. And the fan still dont turn on and the temp gauge goes up like crazy....

It lacks SERIOUS power, if i floor it, it does nothing, Goes up VERY slow

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    your car is heating up fast because you didnt A. Bleed the system or B. install something right. Dude, you need to double check everything you touched on your car or just pay someone the dough to fix it.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

TGC Regular
    Yea, I know. Thats kinda a problem, Unless Underrated wants to drive from shasta ? i dont know if he could go over it.... I dont know man. But it is running better. It will stay running now....

But still no power, and over heating...

Maybe its the plugs i switched tooo...

TGC Regular
    And your right, i didnt bleed the system, i didnt know i was supposed to. Thats what i get for having someone help me that dont know shit.

here s how she is running now.. :(

TGC Regular
    i prolly fucked everything up :(

I give up, Time to look for a new ride.

TGC Regular
    Maybe its just the header Gasket ? would a bad exaust leak cause that ? cause the gasket the people gave me was way to small, But i had it all tore apart and had to re-use the old one. Thought it would at least drive me to the muffler shop. Could that be my whole problem ? But it wouldnt over heat....

WarmAndSCSI
    No, an exhaust leak will not cause your engine to behave like that. I'm guessing it's valve related. You CANNOT do a valve job without the proper equipment, period.

Doesn't sound ignition-related, it sounds mechanical. What are your compression readings, how is your timing, are you actually getting spark to every cylinder on time? Do you not have the proper equipment to check this stuff?

Go buy a new (junkyard) head and call it a day.

TGC Regular
    Wish it was that easy man, lol, you guys never been to southern oregon. There is no galants in any salvage yard that i have a number for. And a head is fucking way outrageous.

compression was

I wouldnt know how to go about checking if every cylinder is sparking ontime.

TGC Regular
    :( Anyone selling a head ? :(

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse97526
    Wish it was that easy man, lol, you guys never been to southern oregon. There is no galants in any salvage yard that i have a number for. And a head is fucking way outrageous.

compression was

I wouldnt know how to go about checking if every cylinder is sparking ontime.
    Didn't I post an entry for a head AND a phone number for a yard in SE Oregon? And, yes, I've been there before.

You should have never torn your engine apart to begin with - that's all I have to say on this matter. I truly think you're in over your head and you need to face the consequences of not having known what you were doing when you started this. You need to find somebody who actually knows what they're doing or find another engine/car.

And you may say that your local shops don't know what they're doing, but I guarantee they would have had your car fixed quite a few days ago. Experienced mechanics know what they're doing, even if they're not familiar with Mitsubishis.

TGC Regular
    yea, Well my friend said he wouldnt do anything if he didnt know what he was doing, and he said he knew everything about them, and he even has 3 great running Talons... So i figured he did know what he was talking about, he has every tool known to man, and all these lifts, and thats what he does. But he toatly fucked everything up on my car. I learned alot from fixing stupid ass mistakes, which im not going to get into ...

Now i cant even afford to think of having a mechanic look at it. And i never saw no post of a head or any number ?

WarmAndSCSI
    I posted it in one of your many threads... car-part.com go find one yourself.

TGC Regular
    and i dont know of who i can trust around here, everyone says that the mechanics just fuck you over royaly. And there over rated. Which most of this shit is simple, its just understanding it... i dont know what to do

Damn yo, i really dont know what to say. EH...........Is your distributor in the right position?(timing?????) How did you align the timing and balance shaft belts? Did you use the right tools when checking the compression, cams, etc when you did the rebuild?

At least the damn thing starts but shes fucked for sure. Yo where are you located? I wish i was there to kick you in the ass :twisted: but if you pass the plane or bus ticket and my room and board,...... and some cash for my pain and sorrows that i will go thru.
    Then i guess i could come out on a weekend and see if i can help or even fix the problem.

TGC Regular
    damn man, that would be spendy. I appreachiate you offering your time. it means alot to me

TGC Regular
    I just dont get it... i know my timing is on, i did it myself, ive done it 3 times, and the same result each time. Thinking, it was me, and i couldnt do timing. But its not that. And all the vaccume lines are hooked up.

I dont get it. rob ground my valves... I bet ya anything they are fucked... Even thought i lathed them in myself, and we pressure checked it, it all came out good. Was no leaks or anything, shit the head was 100 % straight too, didnt even need shaved.

TGC Regular

You guys do a lot of big work and it seems like you have the tools to do it but somewhere along the lines of that you guys lost your way putting it all together.
    What do your plugs look like? Pop in a fresh set of plugs and run it for awhile and then see what they look like(do not try to gap or regap the plugs yourself!!!!)

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast