The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: external gate

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

external gate

I have been getting 6 psi of boost creep when its chilly out which is when i run the car so
    im getting scared now. my setup is 450cc, 190lph walbro, 14b internal gate, fmic,greddy rs bov, full 2.5in exhaust no cat, stock gst mani and o2housing. Its gotten so bad the other day from 60 my wheels spun so much i had to feather the throttle. I have been thinking about an external gate but i dont want to redo the downpipe to connect a dump to it. I have heard that 34mm flapper or so will solve the problem but may still creep 1 or 2 psi and ive heard its a perfect solution so i dont know about that.. On another note is it possible to add another wastegate and use both wastegates to provide two exits for the exhaust gas or would it drastically affect my spool or something i cant think of?? I was thinking i can leave the stock internal and it will open at 10psi and get an external with a 10psi spring so it will only open then and give me 10 all the way...
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

i use external on both my cars. in my opinion its the way to go.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

i think and external is a good way to go but like you said you have to redue your exhaust setup... the flapper mod is cool to you have to port the wastegate opening in the o2housing which is the reason for the creep the hole is way to small external wastegate's usually start out at 35/38mm

if i remember correctly you have to weld the new flapper anyways, how about finding a whole new aftermarket turbine housing
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    You wont have to redo your piping at all. Just by a SBR or HAFE cast DSM manifold. They have provisions for Tial38mm external wastegates right on the manifold. The manifold is the same turbo placement as a stock DSM manifold. They run about $300-$400 new.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

im not sure if youre using the 2g o2 housing, but if you are, they sell o2 housings where u could install a tial wastegate in the location instead. that way you dont have to redo the piping

Yeah Aaron I know what your talking about.

The gas will go thru the stock wastegate hole in the turbine housing and into the tial gate on the new o2 housing.

Thats another option for you John.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

o

thanks for the info.guyz. Yea i am looking at the sbr ss mani that ur refering too.. i would have to route a wastegate dump pipe into my exhaust though if i go external if i dont want to hear the exhuast dump right? I cant do the o2 housing idea because i have an o2 and downpipe together type a deal.. Thanks for the info = i think i will try the 34 mm wastegate flapper mod first then go external
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Re: o

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant
    thanks for the info.guyz. Yea i am looking at the sbr ss mani that ur refering too.. i would have to route a wastegate dump pipe into my exhaust though if i go external if i dont want to hear the exhuast dump right? I cant do the o2 housing idea because i have an o2 and downpipe together type a deal.. Thanks for the info = i think i will try the 34 mm wastegate flapper mod first then go external
    You can do an open wastegate dump, just run the dump pipe down under the car. If your exhaust is fairly loud, you wont even hear the down open up.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If you are going with a cast manifold, the only mani I would consider would be the new FP cast manifold, unless you have to have the external gate on the manifold:
    http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...de=DSM-Exhaust

You can get a DNP housing with external gate, with a 2 year warranty for $599
    http://www.punishment-racing.com/dnpmanifolds.html

Or if you are a baller, you would buy the Punichment divided housing manifold with a DSM flange:
    http://www.punishment-racing.com/dividehousing.html

Hawt. I <3 tubular manis.
    7g for life!