The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: V6 Twin Turbo Setup

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 51 of 51
    I have another Galant ('95 Galant S) that I am swapping the complete drivetrain from a '97 3KGT into. 6G72 complete with twins and the 6sp transmission. It will take some fabricating, but it does fit. I'll have to get creative to make the front turbo fit. Among other things. But it will work.
    -Well that never happened in the simulations.
    -'94 Galant GS Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_boogiman
    I have another Galant ('95 Galant S) that I am swapping the complete drivetrain from a '97 3KGT into. 6G72 complete with twins and the 6sp transmission. It will take some fabricating, but it does fit. I'll have to get creative to make the front turbo fit. Among other things. But it will work.

well good luck, i would like to see it

Quote Originally Posted by the_boogiman
    Good luck to you. The 6G72 is a great engine, but getting it squared away in a USDM 7G(especially the TT model) is going to take quite a bit of work. Let us know how everything turns out.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Got any pictures of the project so far.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Not at the moment. But I'll get some uploaded. You can see the nose of the car sticking out of the car port in a pic I just posted in the TGC garage. Lol. I'll take some pics later.
    -'94 Galant GS Turbo

do you already have the 6g72 DOHC version in your car or did you buy the all too common 4g powered one? i was going to say that if you already have the 6g in it then it wouldnt take too much more than getting the manifolds to work since the v6 powered 7g already has the same motor as a 3kgt sl. take some pics and post them of your current setup and the motor you are going with if you have it already.

The V6 7G was a 2.5L (Designated, I guess, as a NA 6A13.) for the US models (A very rare find.), and a 2.0TT (6A12) for some other markets. The 3KGT was the 3.0L 6G72. The 8G Galants had the 6G72 option. It was NA with a SOHC head.
    -'94 Galant GS Turbo

WarmAndSCSI
    Dunno about that, boostzealot says he saw the DOHC 6G72 7G in person. No engine swap, either. All from the factory.

I have done much extensive research on engines found in Galants, and never came across anything published bigger than the 6A13 in a 7G. But I have also found that Mitsubishi is prone to having a handful of non-published engine/car combinations in some of their lines. So it could be that a few 7G's escaped the factory with 6G72's. First time I've heard of it though.
    -'94 Galant GS Turbo

The engine of the USDM V6 7G does not look the same as a JDM 6G13. It actually resembles the 6G72. I'm not sure of the engine designation on the USDM 2.5L.
    -'94 Galant GS Turbo

this is very true about mitsu's mystery vehicles. i.e. the 4g powered 5spd 8g. yeah i heard it existed a while ago and only in the very lowest of trims for the DE. now about the 6g72 powered 7g i saw. it was definately a 6g72 because of the heads that were on it and the intake mani. now i know that sounds a little general but why would the intake mani from a 3kgt be on this motor not to mention the valve covers? yep it had the same wrinkle black valve covers that the 3kgt has and even said mitsu on them. now the heads and the valve covers for the 6a13 are different ( smoother and painted silver). infact the only time i have seen a 6a series motor in any g was the vr4's 7g and 8g. i will do a little more research and find pictures of this little mystery but damn man maybe this was a one or two year thing like mitsu did the 6g vr4.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123