The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi Concept-RA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 33

Mitsubishi Concept-RA

Mitsubishi dazzles with a sports coupe that could be next Eclipse
    Mitsubishi Concept-RA
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The jockeying for attention at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January is well under way.

Mitsubishi on Tuesday said it would show a coupe concept--maybe a preview of the next Eclipse--with the Concept-RA, at the Detroit show.

The concept will have plastic body panels mounted to an aluminum spaceframe. That spaceframe is a combination of extruded pieces and die-cast sections.

Under the plastic hood is a 2.2-liter, 16-valve, four-cylinder turbodiesel engine with piezoelectric fuel injectors. Among the wizardry is variable valve timing and a turbocharger with variable vane technology, for more oomph at low rpm. Mitsubishi says the engine is rated at 201 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque.

For the chassis, Mitsubishi has raided the Lancer Evolution parts bin. The Concept-RA gets the six-speed, dual-clutch, automated manual transmission from the Evo. Helping to keep the wheels planted is the Super All-Wheel Control system, which bolsters the basic traction- and stability-control units with active steering and active damping systems.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    looks like a new eclipse...
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

if it happens to be just like that, u guyz won't need to drop it since u can't even fit a single finger under the fenders!! and nice wheels by the way!!

WarmAndSCSI
    Diesel sports car Will never sell in the US.

looks nice
    ________
    DC MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
    Last edited by BILLET; 04-11-2011 at 04:40 PM

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Very sexy but that will NEVER be here lol They couldnt even give us the Eclipse Ralliart.

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    quite sexy :shock:
    im not feeling the doors in the first pic though

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    We saw what they turned the sweet 4g Concept into. This thing will never see production.
    7g for life!

If they built this, it could end a lot of woes for mitsu, but it will never happen in the states with a turbo diesel. Their drawings always look kick ass, then when the final product comes out we are all like...WTF... :cry:
    Love,
    Matt

thats because of all the traffic rules and regulations, if there wasn't to many accidents due to speeding, then they probably would consider bringing a machine like that here!! lol

TGC Regular
    Turbo, yes. Diesel, I wish. I would love to have a diesel sports car and with Bio-Diesel at 98 cents gallon that equals highway heaven, but I like the way they are continuing the new Lancer/EVO theme throughout the new cars.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    i saw this from another mitsubishi forum. i wouldn't be surprised if it came out as the new 3kgt. that be sooo hot! but no a diesel.

I can see that body shape happening. I remember when the 02 Galant (the front end) dictated how the rest of the line up was going to look - or at least the article said that the 02 Galant was the new corporate look for all the new Mitsu vehicles. With this concept car above, you can see that Mitsu is heading in a different direction with their new corporate look - based on the new Lancer.

I like it. I definately would get a next gen Eclipse.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Diesel sports car Will never sell in the US.
    Are you kidding, the more power you build the motor for the better fuel mileage you get, I'd buy a diesel sports car. That much torque with a beefy AWD system and you have yourself a rocket off the line.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

It can be done, I saw a VW beetle in silver on the NJ turnpike about 7 months ago. It was turbocharged and diesel. If VW can do it and make it run smoothly why couldn't Mitsu meet the demands....

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

Looks nice but concept drawing usually do.

I really hope they don't base the next Eclipse on the Galant platform like the have done for the past couple generations. The 4g weighs what 3500+? for FWD and 2 'real' seats. Such a waste.

WarmAndSCSI
    What Top Gear has to say about it: http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2540/.

I think it's a really good concept and I HOPE they try to bring a sporty diesel to the US.

What I really can't understand is why it seems that the UK really likes Mitsubishi (yes, I'm taking Top Gear as a representative of the whole country) yet the US has this innate distaste for Japanese cars. And another thing I can't understand is why almost every single freakin' lifted (yet immaculately clean) truck in Utah is a diesel yet the same people don't want diesel cars... I don't get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast