The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brembo Brake System

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Brembo Brake System

I was planning on purchasing the entire kit next Tuesday when I get paid. I have heard that some rims will not clear the brake pad because of the size of the pad. Will I have any problems with the pads with Enkei EVO 5 18" rims on my 8G?

Re: Brembo Brake System

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVR
    I was planning on purchasing the entire kit next Tuesday when I get paid. I have heard that some rims will not clear the brake pad because of the size of the pad. Will I have any problems with the pads with Enkei EVO 5 18" rims on my 8G?
    i've never heard of wheels having a problem with the pads. although i have heard of problems of calipers not clearing the wheel.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

WarmAndSCSI
    ... yeah, not sure if you should be attempting this if you think there could be a clearance problem with the PADS. Improper brake installation can get you KILLED.

What's the offset on those wheels? +35 or less and you should be set, but no guarantees.

email brembo for their specs of their brake system. I know comapnies like stoptech and rotora have exact measurements they can give you to tell you if your wheels can fit the brakes. it requires you to take off one wheel and measure the inside back-spacing of the wheel. the evo brembos are way bigger than the stoptech + rotora pistons btw

kit? what kit are talking about specifically... if your getting the EVO stock brakes (not available as a kit), then those are HUGE, but if your just getting replacement discs in the stock size, you should have no problems.

I think those would clear the caliper because the spoke is toward the outside of the wheel. That is the most important part and the offset like that was mentioned above. Mine barely clears my wheel with the Evo setup. I had to use spacers and extended wheel studs to make mine fit. The backs should clear fine but you may need to do some adjusting in the front. Good luck and post pics when it is done.
    Love,
    Matt

Those aren't the rims on my car, but whatever. I meant the entire system which will include the rotors, calipers, etc.

WarmAndSCSI
    Those aren't the rims on my car, but whatever. I meant the entire system which will include the rotors, calipers, etc.
    Yes, but do you mean a big brake kit from Brembo or an Evo VIII brake swap?

:smt102
    Love,
    Matt

you need to know the offset of your wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3
    you need to know the offset of your wheels.
    actually offset is only part of the specs you'll need... find out backspacing, or better yet get a caliper profile template and see if it fits your wheels.. we still don't know what brakes you are planning on using... BBK from brembo (do they even make one for the 3g/8g platform) or evo 8+ swap?

no that don't mak it for the 3g/8g but you can do the converson from the talon and do the brombo from that. and to find out if the kit will fit a 18" rim call up brombo and find out the langth from the center of the roder to the out side edge of the calipers. and you still have to know the inset and off set of the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by fq2691
    no that don't mak it for the 3g/8g but you can do the converson from the talon and do the brombo from that. and to find out if the kit will fit a 18" rim call up brombo and find out the langth from the center of the roder to the out side edge of the calipers. and you still have to know the inset and off set of the rim.
    well if we are talking about converting, might as well just pony up for the gran tourismo EVO front and rear... they should be bolt on provided wheels clearance is adequate.

I might as well just go for the EVO 8 swap. How much is that going to cost? And yes....I am talking about the big Brembo kit.

WarmAndSCSI
    I might as well just go for the EVO 8 swap. How much is that going to cost? And yes....I am talking about the big Brembo kit.
    I know places like TireRack list a Brembo BBK for the Eclipse/Galant V6. I actually don't know anybody running this kit so I have no clue about fitment.

ok this is simple. if you are going to get the evo brake setup and not the big brake kit from brembo then you have a large array of wheels that will fit your car. i bought the rota boost's for an evo and mine fit perfectly with no spacers or clearance problems. now, if you are going with the brembo big brake kit for the eclipse/galant then you should not have any issues with clearance because brembo usually states that you need at least a 17in wheel to clear the top of the caliper. the offset does matter the most with the evo setup because of how wide the calipers are compared to your stockers. if you need anymore info on the evo setup dont hesitate to ask. mine work great and get better when they are heated like after a hot lap or two.

TGC Regular
    Damn... I shoulda got evo brembos instead of my hood =( I really need evo brembos ! i sick of just front wheel disc. Anyone got an extra set layin around for sale ?
    or even a rear disc brake conversion... i know i saw some for sale on here....

The Enkei EVO5 +35mm may fit. I tried to fit a Lancer EVO with these Enkeis before and it did NOT fit, but that was the +45mm offset. I'd say if you had 18s you are good to go, but 17s are doubtful.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Would evo IX calipers work too?

yep even the evo brembos from the evo 6 and up will fit. oh and 17's fit just fine. take a look.