Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse97526
    the compression check was like
    cylinder 1 : 170 's
    cylinder 2 : 170's
    cylinder 3 : 152
    cylinder 4 170's

There was antifreeze leaking down it. but strangist of all. The conducter grese i used on my plugs, its green, but when u take them out, there not wet or nothing in the cylinders. I checked my timing, it was 100 % lined up, im sure of it, But somehow. its off 60 degrees now, after my little sensor innocendent.
    Your timing is off? Are you rotating the crank twice? 2 rotations of the crank for every 1 rotation of the cam.

TGC Regular
    another other helpful easy tips for timing ? i read all the manuals and stuff, but that made it way easier =p lol. somehow my timing slipped off 180 degrees when my camshaft posistioning cylinder hit my poisioner sensor .

TGC Regular
    Aye. I checked it 7 difrent times, every time the cam lined up, TDC the oil pump mark was about 60 degrees off . Counter clockwise. as was the other balancing shaft sprocket. the smaller timing belt is still in line... and the crank and the cam lined up eachother on time...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Im not sure if I understand what you are saying. The crank, oil sprocket, balanceshaft, and cam gear all need to be lined up at the same time at one point in rotating the camgear/crank. Doesnt matter if the cam gear lines up at one point and the oil sprocket is 60* off, if you keep spinning the crank, they should all line up. I know on a DOHC motor, its about every 6-8 rotations of the crank that everything lines up.

If you have compression(which looks like you do, although the numbers seem a bit low for a NA 4cylinder? Maybe not.), if the timing is aligned correctly, if you have both fuel and spark, theres shouldnt be a reason why its not starting.

Did you say it sounded normal when it tries to crank over or is it still backfiring? If its backfiring, maybe its too much fuel. No fuel will not make it backfire.

Also double check all your vacuum lines.
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    it was definatly back firiging . The cam sproket was slipping going backwards. But the cam and crak aree still timed. so i pulled it off for now, got the oil balancing shaft lined up.

TGC Regular
    Well it can only be timing, there is fuel, there is spark, and when my friend blew a piston ring. it ran about 90 PSI compression, and his car still ran, it just smoked like a civ, and didnt sound to great. But either way, with air and fuel, it should run, luckly my mitsu friend is coming into town, he will set my timing, and ill have a professional oponion, rather than a friend that has only built 3 - 4 4g63 only motors, This friend has built well over 30 motors all were damien chrystler motors, so hopefully he gets me dialed in, ill keep you posted, he will be here at 5 pm tonight. Thanks all for your info and help on everything, i should be back up and running after he gets ahold of my car. hopefully ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12