The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Projector Headlights and other lights

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 90

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyasianz
    Whats the part number off those 1 piece jdm headlamps? Is ur TGC name and website ur own, or are you a distrubtor of the DEPOT brand products that most import companies get aftermarket OEM copy parts from?

yes depoautolights.com is my site, depoautolamp.com is the DEPO Performance Lights site...the headlights are the regular galant 1pc or 2pc headlights just custom-made with the projectors..you are welcome to also buy from my ebay store if this makes you feel safer http://stores.ebay.com/Depo-Auto-Lights thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by depoautolights
    dual projectors...
    And about low beam projector and high beam reflector?

Just like JDM, but USDM fit?
    IMO, I don't think that would be possible, unless you took the setup (high beam reflector and the low beam [modified] projector) from a JDM headlight and transplanted it in a USDM housing. In other words, for it to work in a USDM, it should already have the area for the high beam, which you refer to as the high beam reflector - but the USDM doesn't, it has just one reflector area and a hi/lo bulb. I don't see how it would work. Like I was saying, you would have to remove the entire backside of the JDM headlight, with the modified low beam projector, then jimmy-rig it into a USDM headlight housing. If it worked, it'll probably cost extra as the JDM outer shell of the headlight will not be used, but it's innards would be sacrificed for the USDM headlight, whereas if he was just making a dual projector, he's not sacrificing anything, just getting rid of the one bulb setup and adding two projectors.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    question...would these lights come with a wiring harness? or would i have to figure out how to wire them up?

I purchased a set of the JDM projectors from Depo. Good cust service. good communication. what you are buying are new JDM headlights and someone else installs the projectors. I only had a chance to put my HIDs in the low and test the beam pattern. The cutoff is real sharp and even has a rainbow of colors along the edge of the light (I pointed at a wall 20 ft away). From what I can tell, the beams are pointed striaght, as opposed to the wrong side of the road when I had my original JDMs.

The reason why the headlights are not on yet is because the projector housing sticks out of the back of the headlight too much and it hits an AC line on the passenger side. No faut of Depo, its just a design change in the 02-03 Gs. I'll end up bending or rerouting the line later when I decide to finally put the lights in. Also, the stock H1 and H7 bulbs dont exactly fit right in, I had to trim some of the plastic around the bulb for some reason to get the highs (h1) in.

All in all, im very satisfied

Well, I recieved my 3rd gen lights and they're brand new 8)
    I gotta handed to them (DepoAutoLights), you guys are #1 8) There was another DEPO dealer (MaxZone) that I used deal a year ago and they were complete a**holes (or should I say morons). They had no idea or connection outside the USDM world. They kept refering me to the TYC gay-tezza lights which I clearly didn't want.

I will recommend Depo Auto Lights to anyone looking for high quality jdm/world spec lights. As for MaxZone, prepare yourself a chapter 13 bankruptcy cuz they're going down (soon) :twisted:
    lol at the last comment. If you have friends or family working at MaxZone I didn't mean to offend anybody...

In case no one has seen they have single projector low beam and standard reflector high beam JDMs headlights on EBAY.

this sounds very interesting!! what else??

Quote Originally Posted by djflex167
    Check out their website, they have it all there. Pictures of the JDM single projectors are on EBAY.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by djflex167
    Check out their website, they have it all there. Pictures of the JDM single projectors are on EBAY.
    thanks man!!

these are a diff kind of angel 8 g heads

using usdm heads and a single blue ring

i will be posting a link for these in the vendor thread,

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

Quote Originally Posted by Koncept
    Quote Originally Posted by dknight3
    i don't understand why anyone would ever want the usdm version, what are you guys thinking? usdm grille sucks anyway.

i would like to see one of these actaully made though..
    I like the USDM grill...not that I dislike the JDM or world spec versions...but the 99-01 looks nice color matched, and i really like the 02-03 style. The whole quietly aggressive look instead of the overly aggressive look...
    same here bro. keeping mine usdm for the most just classy/sport.....everyone is going jdm soon everyone will look the same and the usdm might look clean if done right
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I bought JDM heads but I was not willing to cut my radiator support for them. I don't like those Projectors jdm or whatever they are. I think the usdm heads with projectors are the best, like Divinity's or Fatal 1s. Oh and those JDM with projectors are overpriced and ugly, I think. I notice a lot of people buy parts just because they are available and think that if you have everything that is available on the market for a Galant is cool, I personally am not like that. I believe that less is better.

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Raz, btw, I believe Fatal1's projectors are JDMs, but made the same way as mine.
    ~Lady Driven~

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76
    I bought JDM heads but I was not willing to cut my radiator support for them. I don't like those Projectors jdm or whatever they are. I think the usdm heads with projectors are the best, like Divinity's or Fatal 1s. Oh and those JDM with projectors are overpriced and ugly, I think. I notice a lot of people buy parts just because they are available and think that if you have everything that is available on the market for a Galant is cool, I personally am not like that. I believe that less is better.
    I have to second for sure. Not trying to thread crash but I will be keeping it usdm as far as my headlights, I dont see the point in jepordizing my safety to add to my car just for adding sake. might as well get usdm with the projectors in it. It will fit and nothing will be sacrificed
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    i like your div, but i think they would sell more if made from USDM and not JDM, but if i had the cash i would totally buy them, they make the car look so mean and cool

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity
    Raz, btw, I believe Fatal1's projectors are JDMs, but made the same way as mine.
    yep mine are jdm, made by eric i believe i have one of maybee 2 sets he made?? but i have a full jdm conversion to go with them

So these headlights from depolights are usdm, with one projector for high beam, and on projector for the low beam? Is that right, a total of 4 projectors? Its kind of hard to tell in the picture that he has.... let me know....

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    So these headlights from depolights are usdm, with one projector for high beam, and on projector for the low beam? Is that right, a total of 4 projectors? Its kind of hard to tell in the picture that he has.... let me know....
    No, these lights that depo is selling are JDM, that means you need to cut the radiator support in order to install them , plus you'll have a big gap between these headlights and USDM bumper.

Sadness..... Does anyone make em for usdm?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Well last time he did mentions he can custom make them in EITHER USDM or JDM. Read it up or look at his eBay classified

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast