The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Intake

I was browsing for an intake for my '94 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4L 4 cylinder.. i cannot find many choices only found some Weapon-R which I got told it will need to be remodified to fit.

anyone out there with a average price intake?

Hello.

You'd be better off fabricating on your own. Two tutorials here https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=44242
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    and if you didnt heed that warning then............Good luck finding and getting that weapon R.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

weapon r is garbage anyways.

make your own.
    intakes aren't worth more than 50 bucks anyways no matter what the name, or price

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

thanks alot guys... well i am new to car building... i have 200$ to put into it... any ideas?? it is also a daily car so not thinking into TC or motor swap or nothing big, just to make it nice and enjoy my total of 60 mile drive back and forth to school

Quote Originally Posted by momo21
    thanks alot guys... well i am new to car building... i have 200$ to put into it... any ideas?? it is also a daily car so not thinking into TC or motor swap or nothing big, just to make it nice and enjoy my total of 60 mile drive back and forth to school
    Maintenance: Oil and filter change, spark plugs and wires, maybe even a new distributor cap and rotor, possibly fuel filter if you feel so inclined. Even after all that you could still have enough cash left for a DIY intake if you find things at good prices. Not to mention timing belt, balance shaft belt, tensioners and water pump, which you probably should be considering replacing if you don't know the last time it has been changed.

Proper upkeep on your engine is important for performance, if you just slap an intake on a poorly maintained engine you won't notice any difference at all and even in some cases it could hurt performance as well.

222whp/250wtq

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    Maintenance: Oil and filter change, spark plugs and wires, maybe even a new distributor cap and rotor, possibly fuel filter if you feel so inclined. Even after all that you could still have enough cash left for a DIY intake if you find things at good prices. Not to mention timing belt, balance shaft belt, tensioners and water pump, which you probably should be considering replacing if you don't know the last time it has been changed.

Proper upkeep on your engine is important for performance, if you just slap an intake on a poorly maintained engine you won't notice any difference at all and even in some cases it could hurt performance as well.
    x2 couldn't have said it better myself

it is well maintained my friend is a mechanic, he has done a tune up maybe 2 weeks ago, new tranny a week ago....

Re: Intake

I was browsing for an intake for my '94 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4L 4 cylinder.. i cannot find many choices only found some Weapon-R which I got told it will need to be remodified to fit.

anyone out there with a average price intake?
    Do What I did just buy like an air filter thing and a mass adapter make sure they are the same size then take out your stock air filter and just screw the mass adapter and filter in place that makes the air flow better already then if you want to get a pipe just go costume fab it but you don't really need it.