The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Megan coilovers

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Megan coilovers

This may be an odd request, but can anyone who bought the Megan coilovers for the 8G Galant/3G Eclipse tell me how big and heavy the box is that they ship in? I was told by a distributor that the box weighs around 60 lbs., but I need confirmation on that and really need to know the dimensions of the box. I have a friend in Holland who managed to get himself a 3G Eclipse and I'm sending him a bunch of stuff, so before I order some Megan coilovers for him, I need to know if I'll even be able to ship them.

im getting them shipped to and the box is about 40 lbs but it only has 3 struts not 4 so 60 might be a lil high but not too high
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Re: Megan coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    This may be an odd request, but can anyone who bought the Megan coilovers for the 8G Galant/3G Eclipse tell me how big and heavy the box is that they ship in? I was told by a distributor that the box weighs around 60 lbs., but I need confirmation on that and really need to know the dimensions of the box. I have a friend in Holland who managed to get himself a 3G Eclipse and I'm sending him a bunch of stuff, so before I order some Megan coilovers for him, I need to know if I'll even be able to ship them.
    They are easy to ship, we get loaded struts (strut, spring, mount, etc) all the time. They probably weigh 10-20 lbs each. So 60lbs sounds about right.

They look like this, and are shipped just like the megans would be.

being that they are made of billet aluminum, and dont have nearly as much spring material, i doubt they would weigh anythign more than 10 lbs each.

add packaging you might hit 50 lbs

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    being that they are made of billet aluminum, and dont have nearly as much spring material, i doubt they would weigh anythign more than 10 lbs each.

add packaging you might hit 50 lbs
    Yeah, I was figuring around 10 lbs. myself because I know my Tein SS-P Dampers were fairly light.

the box is about 20x24x8 approx

that was the size of the box that megans i installed for a member was, it was pretty damn heavy box, maybe about 50lbs

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted
    the box is about 20x24x8 approx

that was the size of the box that megans i installed for a member was, it was pretty damn heavy box, maybe about 50lbs
    Alright, then that would pass the size limits of international shipping via USPS. The maximum length plus girth is 108". That size box would be 80". And at 50 lbs. it would cost $216.25 to ship to Holland. Not bad considering. So, $900 plus $216.25 would be $1116.25 shipped to Holland. My friend in Holland said he found a Megan dealer or something there that could get them for him, but wanted 1200 Euro or $1700 for them.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    David if you want exact specs give me about 2 hours, my coilovers are still in the original packaging in my garage, I just need to get home and get a scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    46lbs 30.25" x 17.25" x 8.5"
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    46lbs 30.25" x 17.25" x 8.5"
    Sweet! Thanks. It would be $201.25 to ship it then.

i did it off memory, i wasnt that far off :)

I need to know what size sockets i need to do the swap this way i can make sure i have all the tools required to do this before i start, i don't off top of my head. Thanks
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr
    I need to know what size sockets i need to do the swap this way i can make sure i have all the tools required to do this before i start, i don't off top of my head. Thanks
    https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36343

Tho this link is for springs and struts, it's going to be essentially the same process, the only difference is what you put back in it.

Ok i have a dumb question but it's bothering me, in the instructions for the coilovers it says to install them then put the can down and measure the spring this way the pre-load can be adjusted but what i can't seem to figure out is that how am supposed to get in there and measure the length of the spring? The car has to be on all four wheels and not jack stands. The only thing i can think of is to turn the wheels to the side and squeeze my hands in there and try. I feel stupid asking this but i wanna be prepared when i do this over the weekend
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr
    Ok i have a dumb question but it's bothering me, in the instructions for the coilovers it says to install them then put the can down and measure the spring this way the pre-load can be adjusted but what i can't seem to figure out is that how am supposed to get in there and measure the length of the spring? The car has to be on all four wheels and not jack stands. The only thing i can think of is to turn the wheels to the side and squeeze my hands in there and try. I feel stupid asking this but i wanna be prepared when i do this over the weekend
    If you are talking about the ride height at each corner then you'll need to measure it on the ground, at each corner, at the apex of the wheel well. Then you can accomplish the installation of the coilover kit.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what the amount of a drop you receive with the Megan Coilovers at their full ride height?

No that's not what talking about. The instructions says that you have to measure the spring before you install them. Then install them and let the car sit on them and measure while installed and the difference in the lengths before and after would be how much you have to compress the spring to get the pre load set otherwise if the pre load not set and the spring remains the way it came from the factory when you drive the spring will move causing it not to sit the way it's supposed to and that will result in damaging you coilovers
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R