The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WTF?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

WTF?

ok so this just started today, basically when I step on the brakes...my parking lights go on! and if i turn the car off with the lights on...they dont buzz anymore. BUT if I hit the break pedal while the car is off...the buzzer buzzes to let me know lights are on! WTF?
    Wires must be crossed some how, but I dont know how it happened. Any ideas of where to look first?>

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    if you have an aftermarket alarm or remote start in the acar make sure your brake kill isisnt crossed with your parking light wire, usually the brown tapped wire form brake switch and thena white wire goin to parkinlight turnon somewhere in the car.. if its not that then im stumped but to me thats what it sounds like

i'll see, but
    A: the alarm is currently disconnected
    B: never happend before...stands to reason I would have seen this issue before now
    C: just started yesterday out of the clear blue while driving!

its retarded...i'm at a loss myself

mine's also been doing the same thing for a while now intermittently. does your third brake light stay on whenever you have the headlights on?

Quote Originally Posted by dragspeed
    mine's also been doing the same thing for a while now intermittently. does your third brake light stay on whenever you have the headlights on?
    No...only when I brake, but like I said if I am driving at night with the headlights on, only my headlights are on. Until of course I step on the break and the all lights are on. Not good to be driving around with no tail lights on at all

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
    No...only when I brake, but like I said if I am driving at night with the headlights on, only my headlights are on. Until of course I step on the break and the all lights are on. Not good to be driving around with no tail lights on at all
    that was how mine started, check you tail light fuse under the hood, IIRC it's a 10amp. mine would blow every 10amp fuse i replaced it with so i have a 15amp in there now and my 3rd brakelight is always on, but atleast i have tail lights.

10-4 on that, I have the exact same problem and did the exact same fix. Toasted a couple of 10A fuses and replaced it with a 15. Gotta have taillights.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post

Yes! Thank you G-Spot.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 11-08-2011 at 08:58 PM

Take out the double filament bulbs in taillights and see if it makes a difference. If it fixes the problem put new bulbs in they only line up one way if done correctly. If installed wrong brakes can come on with tails and visa versa.