The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Im Getting Sick and Tired

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Im Getting Sick and Tired

of this car . . . now matter how much I love her . . . =[

noticed this problem (photo below) and was wondering what it was, and what the hell I need to do to fix it =[
    is it oil? [if it is, let me be a n00b dpnt yell lol] cause it dosent go anywhere, but its not thick or chunky either. Just a dirt brown. None of its under my car, but I got something else leaking that might be air fluid, but thats a dif matter i can handle myself.
    havent been experiancing any problems, no wierd noises, no funky monkeys going on.
    Someone help me out, cause until I fix it this car is grounded. And I cant stand being stuck in town. =[

Texas 7g Honey
    Nike - "Goddess of Victory"

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Looks like mud. Is your car acting funny?

thats the thing, the car is running fine (at least as far as i know) no check engine light nothing either
    but ive been having problems and already need to replace my O/D
    and its not mud, cause well, theres no mud lol and i grabbed some of it to check out, and its just not the consitancy or feel or smell for that matter of mudd =[
    Texas 7g Honey
    Nike - "Goddess of Victory"

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Torn cv boot. $15 fix. Go to AutoZone, see if they have a cv boot repair kit, or get a new axle. The longer you wait to fix it, the more grease will fall out of the boot, and the more dabamge will be done to the axle.

You can even change the boot without removing the axle if you are nimble enough :)

Usually looks something like this. New boot, new clamps, pack of grease:
    Last edited by seth98esT; 03-28-2008 at 09:03 PM
    7g for life!

ya that is the grease inside the axle cv boots. it looks like crap. i gets everywhere because while it turns it spray shit colored grease everywhere. do what seth said, either a repair kit or new axle

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i drove on mine till it was completely dry, im not suggesting you do the same, but u can still drive the car
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    easy fix, get it out of the way before it gets worse.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Don't hate your car..its a relatively easy fix.

Depending how long the boot has been torn will determine if the boot can just be replaced or if its been busted for a prolong period of time where the majority of the grease is gone and dirt and other debris has contaminated the axle joint, the whole axle has to be replaced.

If that cv axle is the original..I suggest to replace the whole axle. Its much faster and easier to replace than replacing the boot and repacking grease.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Torn cv boot. $15 fix. Go to AutoZone, see if they have a cv boot repair kit, or get a new axle. The longer you wait to fix it, the more grease will fall out of the boot, and the more dabamge will be done to the axle.

You can even change the boot without removing the axle if you are nimble enough :)

Usually looks something like this. New boot, new clamps, pack of grease:
    Toyota! Seth you fail. LOL

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.