The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: throttle body swap

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

throttle body swap

I got the 60mm throttle body out of 1G in very good condition and i'mgoing to swap it, but I'm going to keep the 1G IAC. OK, I know it's already explained in the tutorial, but I cant really read the diagram. The both pictures have the same wire colors and pins and its kind of confusing for me. Please someone explain how to wire the 1G plug to the 7G harness. 10x

http://www.4g64.com/forum/viewtopic....asc&highlight=

Proto
    I have a 7G 60mm throttle body if you want to buy it. It came off of my GS.

Just take the 60 mil throttle body and remove both the iac and the tps. the iac is 4 phillips screws from underneath (careful they tend to strip when removal). the tps has two 8mm bolts that have phillips inside (use an 8mm to avoid stripping the heads). Forget siliconing the bottom and connect the coolent hoses together instead of through the tb. all it does is raises intake temps to help the car warm up, but mine still warms up just fine now. the short hose goes on both inlets from the tb to keep dirty air from entering the engine. the hose that is coming from the head gets connected to the place where you removed the shorter hose. After it is installed eithe play with the tps unil it idles at 750 rpm or take it to mitsubishi and throw a mechanic $20 to get it idling correctly. But overall if you are good with cars it should only take 45 min or so.

[/img]

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Proto
    I have a 7G 60mm throttle body if you want to buy it. It came off of my GS.
    How much??

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Dont mess with the TPS untill it idles correctly, the TPS needs to be adjusted untill it reads a certain voltage. You can mess with the BISS untill it idles correctly though.
    7g for life!

Guys I just asked how to hook the 1g IAC to the 7g harness. I know how to do the swap, but thanks anyway.

i need the link to the pics or ilustrations of the diagrams to rewire my plug. the one in here dos not work. if any one can help e. id be much apreciative.

shit...I havent done my swap yet...cuz the car isnt running well in basically stock form (lol) how can I tell if I have a 1G or 7G 60mm tb? I have one I just dont remember what I got.

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i believe the gs throttle body is like our throttle body only bigger, but the 1G throttle body needs a throttle body elbow as it doesnt have anywhere for our intake pipe to go
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    shit...I havent done my swap yet...cuz the car isnt running well in basically stock form (lol) how can I tell if I have a 1G or 7G 60mm tb? I have one I just dont remember what I got.
    unless you have a 94 GS, you have a 52mm throttle body.

You can use the 1g non turbo throttle. that would be ideal because its 60mm and has a place for you to clamp your intake to.
    a 1g turbo throttle will work, but you'll need a 2g throttle elbow and gaskets to clamp down your intake.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Whats the benefit of doin this swap? No1 that i know has done it to the 4g63 engine yet

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    Whats the benefit of doin this swap? No1 that i know has done it to the 4g63 engine yet
    modded 2gs do this swap for less constriction getting all the air in.. i have this throttle body on my 2g intake mani.. i really havent gotten around to the wiring tho
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

i believe we have 48mm tb. 2g turbo have 52mm and 1g have 60mm.

Anyway, you need to port the intake manifold so the mod to have an effect. And so far, id say thats the best mod Ive done to a N/A car

Heres the wiring

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...7&postcount=16

or use this

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=35133

It lets you use the stock FIAV - IAC assembly on 60mm TB

And remember to reroute your vacuum lines if you have 96-98 and using 1g or 7gs 60mm TB. The rerouting is explained in RRE website, so go search.
    Last edited by mko; 09-14-2009 at 02:44 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    modded 2gs do this swap for less constriction getting all the air in.. i have this throttle body on my 2g intake mani.. i really havent gotten around to the wiring tho
    So no benefits on a natural aspirated engine??

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    So no benefits on a natural aspirated engine??
    its more common on the 2g turbo cars, but as MKO said with it and the intake mani ported to match its a great improvement even on an N/A car
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Hmm. I might try that. All i need is the throttle body from a 2.4 Outlander?

yeah, that works too. usually peops use the 2g diamante one
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

We dont have Diamantes over here but plenty of Outlanders :)

thumbs up to the diamantes. but i used a 1g diamante with the obd 1 isc.
    and for posting working links,... ur my savior. been riding high and sometimes fluctuating idle for like a year lol so my A/c dosnt stumble the engine off when on. now i finaly can have a self adjusting idle when i turn the A/c on. thank you.