The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: no spark???

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

no spark???

A friend of mine bought a 95' 7g 4yrs ago to sell,To make a long story short he forgot all about the car until last week(it was at a paint shop). Anyways he drove the car for 4 days it ran great!! The 5th day he went to start it and it wouldnt start.. I went to check the car out for him and its not getting any spark from the wires. I swapped the distributor out with my old 7g motor. Same thing no spark! I noticed that when i turn the key the CES and SRS lights dont come on. So i swapped the ecu still no spark and the CES and SRS lights still wont come on!! I also checked the coil wire on the distributor plug and its getting power!! Im stomped, anybody have any ideas??

Experienced TGC Member
    Check to see if he isnt getting any fuel. If not the crank sensor needs to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19
    Check to see if he isnt getting any fuel. If not the crank sensor needs to be replaced.
    Where is the crank sensor on a 95? i have a 96 so i never had to deal with this before!!

Experienced TGC Member
    Im not sure.. But if its like the 97 it should be located in the timing belt cover and connected to the crank (not directly connected to the crank) with a trigger plate. Not hard to replace.. Just might as well give her a new timing belt as well.

94 - 95 do not have external crank sensor. Its built in the distributor with the cam angle sensor. Thats why there are two different sizes for 94-95 bigger, and 96-97 smaller.

When you did the distributor swap what year did it come from? If you swaped from 96 and up it wont work cuz it just doesnt have a crank sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by mko
    94 - 95 do not have external crank sensor. Its built in the distributor with the cam angle sensor. Thats why there are two different sizes for 94-95 bigger, and 96-97 smaller.

When you did the distributor swap what year did it come from? If you swaped from 96 and up it wont work cuz it just doesnt have a crank sensor.
    ok well what about the no SES and SRS situation.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    sound like a power issue.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

maybe be a short in the igntion....no power to the switch. :?: :?: