The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Went to the Junkyard today... still hope 12/25/07

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 64
    Hey div are you still recovering from yesterday? Lol
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    I am completely exhausted. Completely. Went again to the yard yesterday and today. I was able to get a few members parts. When I went today, the cars that were left for swap parts were a complete pain. Either a bolt was stripped to death or the pb blaster couldn't help move the parts or the cars had tires on them and my tire iron wouldn't fit to loosen the lugs. To get the parts needed I had to get a part or two from different cars. Like I had to get a caliper from one, a bracket from another, so on and so on. I even got all the caliper and rotor off on one side of this one car, removed the bolts holding in the knuckle, come to find out that the backing plate was actually welded on to the car (wtf!) I didn't even get a chance to get any of my parts because I was hoping to get it today because I ran out of time yesterday. So that being... I guess I have to wait until they get some more cars there or if I find another place with reasonable prices. By the way, spending 5-6 hrs in the sun pulling parts... IS NOT FUN lol. Not at all.
    ~Lady Driven~

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr
    Last night i was looking at prices for the rotors for the 8g lol
    rotors would be the same

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracr
    Last night i was looking at prices for the rotors for the 8g lol
    rotors would be the same
    what about shoes and pads ??
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

you dont use shoes with a drum to disk swap, thats the whole point... the only "shoes" involved in a disk swap are the ones for the ebrake and ive never seen anybody need to change those

you are getting a setup from a different car why would you buy parts for your old setup just order parts for the car the swap came from
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated
    you dont use shoes with a drum to disk swap, thats the whole point... the only "shoes" involved in a disk swap are the ones for the ebrake and ive never seen anybody need to change those

you are getting a setup from a different car why would you buy parts for your old setup just order parts for the car the swap came from
    im not %100 sure but i was told the swap is identical from the donor car to our cars so i can order the rotors and pads for the 8g and use them

can someone please correct or confirm this information

thanks guys and thanks div
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

yes you can they use the same rotors and pads but even if you were unsure why not just order rotors and pads for the car you got the parts from?
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated
    yes you can they use the same rotors and pads but even if you were unsure why not just order rotors and pads for the car you got the parts from?
    i dont know what car they came off yet cuz i really didnt bother ask :D but i can ask hey div which can did u get those from ??
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

no its fine lol you dont gotta ask her anymore questions just get rotors and pads for a 99-03 v6 galant and those will work

Thanks B, lol.

On another note.... I called up a place that's near my house and they'll let me pull the rear calipers and backing plates from 6 cars that they have.

Caliper
    Chrysler Sebring 029202 $Call J and B Used Auto Parts, Inc. USA-FL(Orlando) E-mail 1-800-432-2952
    Caliper
    Chrysler Sebring 029188 $Call J and B Used Auto Parts, Inc. USA-FL(Orlando) E-mail 1-800-432-2952
    Caliper
    Eagle Talon 029548 $Call J and B Used Auto Parts, Inc. USA-FL(Orlando) E-mail 1-800-432-2952
    Caliper
    Mitsubishi Galant 029485 $Call J and B Used Auto Parts, Inc. USA-FL(Orlando) E-mail 1-800-432-2952
    Caliper
    Mitsubishi Galant 029715 $Call J and B Used Auto Parts, Inc. USA-FL(Orlando) E-mail 1-800-432-2952
    Caliper
    Mitsubishi Galant 030146 $Call J and B Used Auto Parts, Inc. USA-FL(Orlando) E-mail 1-800-432-2952

Only thing is it might be a little more expensive if I quoted you a price before from the other place, but not by that much. Only thing I don't like about J&B are the snakes in the yard and cars :shock: I'm gonna try to stop by there later today.

And oh yeah remember everyone... I'm just providing the parts, it's up to you to know how to do the swap. I'm not a service manual or tutorial
    ~Lady Driven~

Okay what I said earlier... nevermind. I went by the place about an hour ago and all the cars are slammed to the ground and no way to hoist them up. I could get to the calipers, but the backing plates are near impossible to get to because they are either buried in the dirt, or smushed and bent into the ground. So scratch that idea.
    ~Lady Driven~

Div were any of those 99 galant DE's? if so did they have anything in the interior left? you should go and take pictures of the cars there

I only found two of the galants, both were v6s, one was white, one was... green i think. Both had random woodgrain interior pieces... one was gray, one was tan.... the radio bezel on one was there, but the tabs were broken... that's all I remember about the galants. I think that 3rd one i couldn't find was the infamous invisible one from last time I went there looking for letters.
    ~Lady Driven~

was the white one northstar white? if so did it have a driver side mirror?

Yeah I think it was Northstar white, but I don't recall if there was a mirror on it. But according to the parts search, it shows that they have two galant mirrors
    ~Lady Driven~

Found another place with 2 swaps, check out the post in the beginning of the thread. Also they have some other cars, gotta do some searching, but I know a dude that works in the yard so he'll probably be able to move some cars for me out of the way. Shoot me a pm
    ~Lady Driven~

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity
    Yeah I think it was Northstar white, but I don't recall if there was a mirror on it. But according to the parts search, it shows that they have two galant mirrors
    How do you know if you have heated mirrors? A buddy of mine broke my passenger mirror and the local yard asked if my mirrors were heated or not; I have no way of knowing :?

heated mirrors have 5 wires going to them, non heated has 3 i beleive

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted
    heated mirrors have 5 wires going to them, non heated has 3 i beleive
    Also the defrost logo would be on the bottom right corner of the mirror.

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

im to lazy to read this thread, but if you ever see a set of the black window trim (under the window) send me a pm with a price.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast