The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VIP-style Galant

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 194
    if anyone is interested in some NICE wheels that will fit like nokcy21's here they are
    http://vipstylecars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12482

i wanted to pick these these u but wanted step lips

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPtint View Post
    i dont want them to tuck. imma stretch the tire to almost tuck, but the wheel will have a poke outwards
    if you actually manage to get that fitment, please share the wealth. i've been trying to go with that slightly protruding step lip on my G but everyone tells me that i'm insane and its no way.

yeah i know, thats why im doing it

alright the mean camber is to help tuck the biggest lip you can. if you add a huge lip on a car it will stick out like in my pics on page 4 i think. so in order to get them to come closer to the fenders you just add camber.

watch; when my rear is done w/o spacers, it will come close to tucking. but i dont want it to tuck so i will be adding a spacer for the poked look.

Quote Originally Posted by platano View Post
    if you actually manage to get that fitment, please share the wealth. i've been trying to go with that slightly protruding step lip on my G but everyone tells me that i'm insane and its no way.
    galant forums are made up of mostly people that want to look different but still have their cars run like stock. thats why u see so many people with 18x7.5 45 offset wheels and 225/40/18 tires. thats also why u dont see any slammed galants, theyre all lowered only a few inches because most owners want the stock ride
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

dont worry i will post all pics and list all mods and prices. right now im waiting on:
    camber kits
    struts
    springs

then ill take pics, then ill go to paint then take more pics.

the build is pretty cheap, but to be honest i doubt many will do it because the car wont drive too well. at least i think. i hope it drives good.

the way nocky21 looks really good for daily driven and nice comfortability. if he wanted to he could stretch the tire a little more and add some spacers, but that would hinder his turning radius. i dont care too much about turning radius, but i didnt want to spend too much on wheels and tires. if i did i woulda jumped on the estatus wheels that i posted up.

ive been wanting to do this build for a long time but never got to it. right now isnt the best time for me to be doing this but F it. it will only total $1250 for everything. i need paint though which will be extra.
    Last edited by VIPtint; 08-02-2008 at 02:25 PM

these are the wheels i got, in black though. i wanted stepped lips cuz our other cars have them, and they look hella aggressive when rolling

hey bro cant wait to see the pics of the car! keep it up rim look good

UPDATE:
    camber kits installed. fitment is perfect. rear wont be a problem cuz the front is good.
    before:

after:

Last edited by VIPtint; 08-04-2008 at 01:08 PM

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    WOW! I want to see it when you are finished.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Yup!

UPDATE:
    camber kits installed. fitment is perfect. rear wont be a problem cuz the front is good.
    before:

after:

Just how do you figure the rear won't be a problem because the front is good? You do realize these cars are a lot more difficult a fitment in the rear right?

well the rear actually cambers when you lower it. the front doesnt cuz it has a macpherson style strut which doesnt utalize an upper control arm. also the rear has a lot more room for a wider wheel. so with the stock camber of being slammed plus the camber kit im adding, i should have room to run a 5-10mm spacer to get it to fit just like the fronts. im not posative but im pretty sure. i dont have as much camber adjustment for the rear but im hoping.

look how much room is in the rear compared to the front. notice the mild camber in the rear and almost none in the front. this is what should allow me to add a spacer in the rear and still sit HELLA FLUSH

well the rear actually cambers when you lower it. the front doesnt cuz it has a macpherson style strut which doesnt utalize an upper control arm. also the rear has a lot more room for a wider wheel. so with the stock camber of being slammed plus the camber kit im adding, i should have room to run a 5-10mm spacer to get it to fit just like the fronts. im not posative but im pretty sure. i dont have as much camber adjustment for the rear but im hoping.
    is adding a 5mm spacer the same as using a wheel with -5 less offset? if so, why not just buy the wheel with less offset to begin with?

Without sounding condescending, I fully understand what happens when lowering a vehicle, especially ours. The rear in my experience has much less room to fit properly. I'm running 19x8 +40mm Motegi's wrapped with 235/35-19 BFGs. I rub at stock height. Infact its literally 3mm (at most) away from the rear knuckle, you can't get one finger between the tire and knuckle. Not saying it can't be done, it obviously can be. But I think you are underestimating the difficulty of the rear fitment.

Reelax is running 19x8.5" (+48mm) Volk wheels with 235/35-19 Nitto tires, and he would be rubbing in the rear except for the fact he cut out the rear fender lip for the wheel fitment. And thats with only a 8.5" wheel. Still with the fact that I rub at stock height with a 8" +40mm wheel.

If the wheel offset is low enough for a 9" or 9.5" wheel than you get far enough away from the suspension, but you still need to resolve the major fender clearance issues. I hope you can do it, and post up for all to see. I am the first to applaud your efforts, both because I love it when people try different things. And that I love the VIP look, good luck.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    You have my full support. Dave has been doing this for a long time so I think he has good point son this subject.

im running 19x9 +35 on the rear and my tires dosent rub at all roll the fender though. norm! did you use 2 bolts on the front for the camber? looking good, shipped the items already.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Without sounding condescending, I fully understand what happens when lowering a vehicle, especially ours. The rear in my experience has much less room to fit properly. I'm running 19x8 +40mm Motegi's wrapped with 235/35-19 BFGs. I rub at stock height. Infact its literally 3mm (at most) away from the rear knuckle, you can't get one finger between the tire and knuckle. Not saying it can't be done, it obviously can be. But I think you are underestimating the difficulty of the rear fitment.

Reelax is running 19x8.5" (+48mm) Volk wheels with 235/35-19 Nitto tires, and he would be rubbing in the rear except for the fact he cut out the rear fender lip for the wheel fitment. And thats with only a 8.5" wheel. Still with the fact that I rub at stock height with a 8" +40mm wheel.

If the wheel offset is low enough for a 9" or 9.5" wheel than you get far enough away from the suspension, but you still need to resolve the major fender clearance issues. I hope you can do it, and post up for all to see. I am the first to applaud your efforts, both because I love it when people try different things. And that I love the VIP look, good luck.
    you didnt address to the fact that you are both sporting huge tires, yours are even larger than most since i guess those specific drag radials just run larger, i have the same setup as relax with a lower offset and i dont rub at all with a minor rear fender lip folding, they arent even folded all the way up and im lowered two inches back there.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    is adding a 5mm spacer the same as using a wheel with -5 less offset? if so, why not just buy the wheel with less offset to begin with?
    he might have not been able to find a wheel with such specs to begin with, and it always helps to have that flexibility just incase he doesnt want that low of an offset

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast