The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VIP-style Galant

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 194
    yeah 2 bolts got that camber like you said.

with the small offset the knuckle is far away from rim/tire. the reason for rubbing issues is mostly tire size. and if you look at the rear quarter panel, the trim is fat like 1/2" and it kind of goes downward. my wheel lip to lip is almost 9 inches. and the tire is 8.07 inches wide. so the tire is almost an inch skinnier. leaving 1/2" on each side where the rim sticks out more that the tire. so rubbing should be minimal. i think i wont rub at all actually.

also how is an 8 +40 is 3mm away from the knuckle and 8.5 +48 doesnt rub. you know how... tire specs. theyre all different. also i will max out my factory camber and add as much that i can on the ingalls kit.

sometimes its all trial and error. on paper none of the dubs (VW's) should fit either but they do with reason. you just lose some driving ability. i am willing to lose it on my car for looks and originality.

also im like 95% sure i can fit a spacer but it all depends on the camber. if it doesnt work i may bore out and reinforce lower control arm mounts to add more camber and still use a spacer. adding a sacer is key to me cuz if i dont the fronts will be flusher than the rear. and thats backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    is adding a 5mm spacer the same as using a wheel with -5 less offset? if so, why not just buy the wheel with less offset to begin with?
    yeah i wish but then i would have had to buy either a staggered set or a used set of customs. first i wanted a step lip. second im on a budget. third they dont come staggered, fourth you cant find cheap stepped li wheels. if i coulda got a cheap set of wheels with stepped lips and i could choose my offset it would be over. my fiotment would be perfect without having to mess with so much stuff. but hey i couldnt pass up the deal on these wheels. you guys can look around they are cheap ass hell. and i got them even cheaper.

anyways tires and springs should be in this week so we may see the result pretty soon. i havent ordered the spacer yet though. and i dont know if i want to roll or cut fenders. roll would be better but idk yet.

i rolled my fender but i think if you cut it youll get more room cant wait to see it bro.
    now im thinking about buying some new set of tires "strecth it also LOL"

so tires can actually be strecthed? i always heard about that but never really never about it, so whats a commen tire size that gets strecthed?

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Banned
    yeah tires can be stretched but its just not recomended because its unsafe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPtint View Post
    damn that is killin me! where can i get that rear bumper! everyplace i find only sells a 'rear lip' that looks like that. :smt093:smt093:smt093

i think it is a lip, look at the gap.

imho streched tires looks eww. i think the fatter the tire (to a limit) the better it looks

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    im pretty sure that is a full bumper, it looks to be one pice and if you look closely you can see that it slightly overhangs the rear wheel well much like the cyber 2 reat does

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    actually to me it looks like the cyber 2 rear bumper with a lip. You can kinda see the cut out in the middle section like on the cyber 2 rear. but i dunno. I don't know the aftermarket body kits too well

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    you didnt address to the fact that you are both sporting huge tires, yours are even larger than most since i guess those specific drag radials just run larger, i have the same setup as relax with a lower offset and i dont rub at all with a minor rear fender lip folding, they arent even folded all the way up and im lowered two inches back there.
    sorry LONESTAR, we do not have the same setup. one thing that makes my fitament so tight to the fender is that i am camber CORRECTED at all four corners (i was tired of buying tires every few months) and dropped around 3" (about as low as anyone has gone without going to bags)... everybody else this low or lower is running negative camber and that's why my fenders had to be cut out. i could probably run 10mm, maybe even 20mm spacers if i added in some negative camber and dropped down to 225 tires (or stretched 215's). if i was motivated to go all out (been thinking about it), i might go wider w/ a lower offset on another set of stupid expensive wheels (and they would be 20's), but i would have to go to bags, and sacrifice the high levels of handling that i currently enjoy (the few times a month that i do drive my car).

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    sorry LONESTAR, we do not have the same setup. one thing that makes my fitament so tight to the fender is that i am camber CORRECTED at all four corners (i was tired of buying tires every few months) and dropped around 3" (about as low as anyone has gone without going to bags)... everybody else this low or lower is running negative camber and that's why my fenders had to be cut out. i could probably run 10mm, maybe even 20mm spacers if i added in some negative camber and dropped down to 225 tires (or stretched 215's). if i was motivated to go all out (been thinking about it), i might go wider w/ a lower offset on another set of stupid expensive wheels (and they would be 20's), but i would have to go to bags, and sacrifice the high levels of handling that i currently enjoy (the few times a month that i do drive my car).

i didnt know u were camber corrected, that explains alot
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post

I had that bumper, it's fiberglass and it's one piece. It is not a lip, even though it says it is.

http://www.andysautosport.com/mitsub...i00092402.html

airunner suspension isnt that great for aggressive driving. its more of a luxury comfort setup. if you want it for aggressive i would recommend just putting a uas bag over you coilover strut, or running canovers. canovers is the best for aggressive driving. they are meant to be driven uninflated. then if you need to raise it for a particular reason you air it up. the thing is they ride like shit airred up.

uas

canover

the metal cup airs up so you can go over dips, driveways, speed bumps, etc.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    i want some airrunners! to expensive though!

Can you buy individual parts or is this Airrunner as a kit only??

airrunner comes as a kit. u can piece together a uas kit using either your stock struts, upgraded struts, or your coilover struts.

Quote Originally Posted by VIPtint View Post
    airrunner comes as a kit. u can piece together a uas kit using either your stock struts, upgraded struts, or your coilover struts.
    Well I want something like airrunner not uas bags but I want to piece together like the compressor, lines, pressure switches etc. I just need the bags from that air runner kit. How would I do that?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast