The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VIP-style Galant

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Showing results 141 to 160 of 194
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPtint View Post
    yeah 2 bolts got that camber like you said.

with the small offset the knuckle is far away from rim/tire. the reason for rubbing issues is mostly tire size. and if you look at the rear quarter panel, the trim is fat like 1/2" and it kind of goes downward. my wheel lip to lip is almost 9 inches. and the tire is 8.07 inches wide. so the tire is almost an inch skinnier. leaving 1/2" on each side where the rim sticks out more that the tire. so rubbing should be minimal. i think i wont rub at all actually.

also how is an 8 +40 is 3mm away from the knuckle and 8.5 +48 doesnt rub. you know how... tire specs. theyre all different. also i will max out my factory camber and add as much that i can on the ingalls kit.

sometimes its all trial and error. on paper none of the dubs (VW's) should fit either but they do with reason. you just lose some driving ability. i am willing to lose it on my car for looks and originality.

also im like 95% sure i can fit a spacer but it all depends on the camber. if it doesnt work i may bore out and reinforce lower control arm mounts to add more camber and still use a spacer. adding a sacer is key to me cuz if i dont the fronts will be flusher than the rear. and thats backwards.
    Well, Reelax has aftermarket suspension also, knowing that the knuckle isn't replaced my guess its either different than the 02+ Galants, or GTZ. Thats besides the fact that the coilover assembly probably draws the knuckle up and in slightly giving up some extra clearance.

I guarentee that if you took his wheels and tried to fit them on my G unless it had 215s they wouldn't fit...period.

you may be right but idk.

about the airrunner, if youre serious about getting different setups i would just go UAS. airrunner may get pricey. my kit was all upgraded stuff and it wasnt cheap. our q was built with the standard kit. however i havent had 1 single problem with our airrunners.

no pics yet but idk if the ingalls kit will give me enough camber. so i may be building some rear upper control arms with built in camber adjustments. i got the front to camber really good and i want the back to match

demon69eyes
    nice vip look..i have a friend here with that kind of taste of look.but he has 19's rollin with a chrome lips style.isnt that vip look too?

ok pulled rear struts, installed camber kit (which by the way took a while, and used some grinding) and test fitted the wheels. i will need a 15mm spacer to get it to fit like the front. you could rock my wheel in the rear with just a drop, camber kit, and slight roll of the fender. ill post pics tomorrow

15mm spacer will get it pretty flush. just gotta find some for cheap

looking good

So far so good. I'm interested to know the clearance between the wheel and tire and the rear upper control arm.

a whole bunch of room between the two

cant wait to see it on the ground with stretched tires. id keep it like that instead of adding spacers.
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

fitment confirmed. i will need a spacer for the rears to fit flush. i just ordered an 8mm set. i will post pics tomorrow at work. my cable is there. still have to figure how to get my car to ride decent though at this height.

lol cant wait to see it, have u gotten tires yet? what size did u go with?

been doing things 1 at a time, so that if it doesnt work im not out of a lot of money so i only got 1 installed. but ive been moving the wheel around for specs. tire is nangkang as1 205/40/18, skinniest 18 tire made 8.07" wide

and heres the clearance from the rear knuckle/spindle in the rear

nice, is that as low as the front is going to be?

i hope so. imma try the shortened koni inserts that reelax recommended. if i run it like this the struts will bottom out like crazy. if that doesnt work i may have to lift the front a little. maybe bags, maybe air runners, but remember im trying to do a budget build.

let me know if those coni inserts work, im thinking about getting them.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    daym! nice fit!

Quote Originally Posted by VIPtint View Post
    i hope so. imma try the shortened koni inserts that reelax recommended. if i run it like this the struts will bottom out like crazy. if that doesnt work i may have to lift the front a little. maybe bags, maybe air runners, but remember im trying to do a budget build.
    you may also want to have RRE relocate the spring perch if possible so that you can run more coils and still be slammed. looking at your pics, the front is only sitting a little lower than mine... i am running coilovers which include shortened body dampers, but i'm also running a much biger tire... NITTO INVO 235/35r19. i probably can only lower 1/2" more before i run out of threads on the adjustable perches. if you don't have enough room for springs, it might just have to be bags, conventional coils, even full coilovers w/ short body dampers, can only go so low. the EASY STREET kit is a cheaper alternative to going full blown AIR RUNNER.

here's some pics taht show my front clearance for reference:

o yeah and you definitely need to roll/fold/cut the rear fenders so that you can push the wheel out even more in the rear... the rear flushness is the key in what you are going for. i think from looking at the pics, that you can go w/ a 15mm-20mm spacer back there if you run enough negative camber and cut/fold the rear fender lips out (since the 205 tire is giving you plenty of clearance). thank god our rear wheels don't need to steer, but mitsu didn't have to make the front wells THAT much bigger!
    Last edited by Reelax; 08-19-2008 at 08:43 PM

VIP-stle Galant

Question: Can an Air ride system work without compressors? I really love my trunk. I love my stereo. I have no love for compressors or air tanks. Can a person just run the bags and manually pump them up with a air compressor? i know you will loose the up and down at well feature, but i am only concern with smooth ride at the height i prefer. Is it possible? And where do you get the parts to built the fill port at?
    Last edited by bignasty; 08-19-2008 at 09:51 PM

canover air is what you need. its a coilover strut with a small cup that holds air when you go over dips and bumps. but you normally drive on just the coilover and air up when needed. you get a very small box which contains the tank and compressor. about the size of a 10" sub box.

i wish i had the $$$$ to go full coils struts or air, but budgeting this build and damn slow at the shop. i think ill be okay right now. if not ill throw the guy @ club3g an offer. his price is way too high right now. also the ingalls camber is maxed right now. so i think a 8mm is all i can push. if i had money i would have my buddy build my custom control arms. the only expensive part would be the heim joints. id want some good ones and id have to buy 6. good ones run between 20-100 each and i wouldnt want to go cheap on those.

as soon as i get the spacers and my grinder working ill have them all on and ill post up pics. hopefully late this week or early next week.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast