The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g Evo brembo brake & rotor conversion (incomplete)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 57 of 57
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    you need evo caliper knuckle bolts to bolt on to ours..

to be more precise

the evo brembo calipers are one piece , so the caliper bracket is also the caliper

the bolt passes through the eclipse 3g backplates . so the only thing u need are the evo rotors, evo calipers and eclipse backplate

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

is it a big difference between some nice premium r1 rotors+pads and brembo brakes. imean our cars are like 140hp :?
    I love bikes n babes!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    no man. no difference at all. i mean you use your brakes when you accelarate so it shouldn't matter at all.

but seriously it does. think about it... ... ... ... ... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Qs View Post
    to be more precise

the evo brembo calipers are one piece , so the caliper bracket is also the caliper

the bolt passes through the eclipse 3g backplates . so the only thing u need are the evo rotors, evo calipers and eclipse backplate
    So I need the eclipse backing plates for the front and back? Or just the back since I have drums there currently?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Experienced TGC Member
    That install looks pretty good man, definitely like the look of bigger calipers sticking out from behind the wheels. What wheel offset did yoou use to work with these calipers anyways? Was it still a +35mm?

I am in the process of having to replace my right rear caliper (bought the car for $500 and needs some work) and have decided to run the Brembo upgrade. I currently do have 4 wheel discs so it seems everything should bolt up correctly? I am also confused on the rotors, if I am buying new rotors I would purchase for the Evo and not the Galant I assume?

yes you need the eclipse v6 backplates . check out the threads , theres a few models that will fit .

and yes the evo rotors is what u need

2002 blue G RIP07

^and I'm assuming the evo's rear backing plate won't work?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

yep caus of the 4wheel drive

2002 blue G RIP07

I wonder would this fit my offset I think im on +42 right now prolly not right?

Interesting, so the USDM must of got the facelift hub carriers, from what I have read then the evo Brembos bolted straight on up the front? So it would have to have the facelift hub carriers, would make sense I suppose, as you did get the 8th gen post 98

^ dude its straight bolt on no issues whatsovever ,did it on 2 g so far , one 2002 and one 2003 , but u need at least like i said a 35mm offset , anything higher 36mm & + will rub on the rim .

and careful about the kind of brake pad u intend to use for the city , ceramic is nice and all, but makes a hellish screaching sound at each cold stop....

2002 blue G RIP07

ive noticed theres a few threads about an awd swap, for the information webby , i bought a set of 4 oem mitsubishi evo 8 coilovers directly imported from nihon , its a direct fit in the back on top, and ALMOST a direct fit on the top in the front , u will actually need to widen each hole by 1mm, maybe even less, , so that means each evo 8 coilovers bolts on the top of our 8G no problem. the front bottom bolt holes on the 8g and on the evo are the same, but the evo coilovers come with a double metal plate along side both holes, making the actual bolt not fit because the threading is scraping the second sheet of metal, again for the front bottom holes u just need to widen them by under 1mm and it will install like a glove.

and finnaly that leaves the rear bottom ... which is the important one considering the evo is awd and our g isnt, , so as for the evo 8 backplate , i remember noticing under my g that the 2 holes for the rear crossmember are available on the frame but either plugged or used by something else.

2002 blue G RIP07

Can you post pictures of the install and how much bigger the holes were widened. I can see this offsetting some caster depending on how the holes are enlarged. I thought the evo top mounts were smaller than the G's

Hey Guys What's Going On. I'm Going To Be Doing My Brembo Swap Very Soon. I'm Looking For Backing Plates At A Mitsubishi OEM Website Because I Can't Find Any And It's Asking If I Want A Backing Plate With Brake Discs Or Without Brake Discs? Which One Should I Get. Also I'm Looking For The Proportioning Valve For The Rear Also, And On the Website I Found Something Called Pressure Metering Valve. Is This The Same Thing? Thanksss

u do not need a proportionning valve for mitsubishi galant 1999-2003

and u need to get the backplates of brake discs

2002 blue G RIP07

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123