The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alternator tensioner bolt problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    I made sure it has the proper amount of give or slack.

But yeah, it always starts squealing in the rain after a while, and something messed up is that the last two times these suckers popped off was when it was raining, wtf is right... after a year, I'd almost expect to hear them squeal again, but once every two or three months, and the last time it was only a week or two in between belt changes, not acceptable.

when you install new belt, it has a break in period. During this time, the belt will extend a little which will cause the squiling. You'll have to tence it a little when this happens
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I'm just not seeing how a belt can loosen that much in such a short amount of time, not just that, but loosen enough to just slip off the pullies.

Anyway, towed the car to the local Mitsu dealer, they'll get to it in two weeks (They say it's just that busy). Whatever, at least I don't have to pay for the tow up front.

1gdsm

re

Quote Originally Posted by ohgrfreak View Post
    But that is the problem, I cannot retension the belt if the tensioner bolt keeps slipping out before it reaches the correct tension.
    find da long 12mm bolt a bout 1/2 inch longer then stock 1 tighten it all the wat though then put the 12mm nut on there and tighten it wharever u want that how i fix most DSM are like that and remember tightening the bottom 12mm bolt too
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by 1gdsm View Post
    find da long 12mm bolt a bout 1/2 inch longer then stock 1 tighten it all the wat though then put the 12mm nut on there and tighten it wharever u want that how i fix most DSM are like that and remember tightening the bottom 12mm bolt too
    good luck
    LOL, I am waaaaaay beyond that problem now, that problem was fixed the first time I put new belts on it. Hint: Read the entire thread.

Holy crap guys, after my car sitting a week at the dealer, they got it in and did the estimate, $425, A/C belt and Harmonic Balancer, plus the diagnostic for the horn, 60 bucks just to tell me hey, you need a new horn, WTF? A new horn, the entire thing, what the hell are you talking about, there's like, you know, parts to it and stuff. What the entire switch from my steering wheel to my actual horn under the hood is missing? Then when I told him no to fixing the horn, he refused to tell what exact part of the horn needs to be replaced, f*cker.

But yeah, sorry for the rant, at least it's within budget, but now he tells me it'll be another week before he can get it in to work on it, again, WTF? That butt probably spent more time with the diagnostics than it'll take to fix the thing, dude, 4 bolts, remove, replace, how hard can it be?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12