The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: pic/vid request...Megan Cat back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29
    8G_GTZ

pic/vid request...Megan Cat back

I want everyone and anyone that owns the megan cat-back to post pics and/or vids. I want to hear it on the V6 especially becasue i have that. I'm downgrading from the 3", but I want something bolt on that fits. Thanks Steveo

i'm an I4, but i'll post some pics and vids of my Megan cat-back for you anyway...

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

damn that was slow :shock:

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

lol ya it was

any vids or soundclips with the silencer on?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

this is what i have for now, but i'll try to get you one tomorrow after work :)
    (vid's with the silencer off...)

Exhaust Video

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

i really dont understand why u would make an exhaust vid in a parking garage
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    i really dont understand why u would make an exhaust vid in a parking garage
    we were at the mall shopping and decided to make the video there. spur of the moment kinda thing...

i made another video on the NJ Turnpike, but i can't find what folder i put it in :(

Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    Oh come on. You can hear that I wasn't gunning it. I even slowed down before the camera to keep it at high rpms. Any Galant would seem slow with that long stretch of a road anyways.
    I made the video to give people an idea of what it sounds like. If I wanted to show a video of a car going fast, surely I would've picked something other than the Galant.

... and you can see why I disabled youtube comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdHRYP-VHTM
    Silencer on

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (G8)
    Oh come on. You can hear that I wasn't gunning it. I even slowed down before the camera to keep it at high rpms. Any Galant would seem slow with that long stretch of a road anyways.
    I made the video to give people an idea of what it sounds like. If I wanted to show a video of a car going fast, surely I would've picked something other than the Galant.

... and you can see why I disabled youtube comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdHRYP-VHTM
    Silencer on
    for all the noise it was making it wasn't moving. even if i keep mine in second i still fly. i was just stating the superiority of the 7G 5spd

comments are comments if you can't take em why bother posting

and to add to the thread i have heard run1206 car in person, it sounds good

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i like the low deep tone from the exhaust. it's nice and quiet when cruising around town, yet when you accelerate it's a crisp full tone.
    i'm gonna try a vid with the car stationary right by the outlet, and another vid inside for interior sound. (later today after work)

Quote Originally Posted by run1206
    i like the low deep tone from the exhaust. it's nice and quiet when cruising around town, yet when you accelerate it's a crisp full tone.
    i'm gonna try a vid with the car stationary right by the outlet, and another vid inside for interior sound. (later today after work)
    what exhaust you doing for the turbo setup?

what exhaust you doing for the turbo setup?
    i'm thinking about staying with the Megan cat-back and just have a high flow cat with 2.5" downpipe. i would've done the 3" downpipe to high flow cat, but to my assumption that might cause more back pressure

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Quote Originally Posted by n3oAcid24

Niiiiiiice 8)

for all the noise it was making it wasn't moving. even if i keep mine in second i still fly. i was just stating the superiority of the 7G 5spd

I really don't care to start a 7G vs 8G argument.
    I posted the video, with disabled comments, so people like 8G_GTZ could hear the sound of the catback. I didn't want people like you completely missing the point, and commenting on how fast the car seemed to be going.

Quote Originally Posted by n3oAcid24

Niiiiiiice 8)
    thanks...

I really don't care to start a 7G vs 8G argument.
    I posted the video, with disabled comments, so people like 8G_GTZ could hear the sound of the catback. I didn't want people like you completely missing the point, and commenting on how fast the car seemed to be going.
    hey man dont worry about that shit. as long as you are helping a member out thats all that you should care about. people always have something to say or an opinion. dont listen to me that stuff. do your thing...

Before

After

I only had my cellphone with me at the time. But you can sure tell the difference. Well, compared to stock anyways.

Before

After

I only had my cellphone with me at the time. But you can sure tell the difference. Well, compared to stock anyways.
    that looks koo. i should of took some before and after pictures myself but i was too tired. you still have your silencer? you want to sell it? LOL!!!! some idiot stoled mine when i put it back on last month... :cry:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast