The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Suspension Extras

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Suspension Extras

I know this has been talked about but I cant seem to find it...rear upper and lower strut tie bars from an eclipse....they fit our 7G? No mods? I know the suspension is pretty much identical. Oh what about for an Avenger or sebring of the same years? I really need to stiffen the chassi and suspension on my car and all I can get to help would be great. I cant find that damn K brace that Proto or Stunr (cant remember which) has. I cant find it anywhere. Help me out fellas

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Rear upper strut bar won't work unless you don't want your back seat. Lower tie bars should work but your best bet is to get a rear sway bar setup from the eclipse. You might also want to get the prothane bushing kit if you don't have it already. The ralliart 4pt underbrace that john(stunr) has is pretty much impossible to find unless you know someone like trigger who can find one for you but it will be expensive to have imported.

222whp/250wtq

get the obx or tanabe lower tiebrace.

they make them for both the front and the rear. the tanabe will be beter than the ox,
    peanoation has the obx front lower brace.

they aren't crap adjsutable versions. there are solid 1 piece forged and tig welded braces.

the obx is like 45 for the front and 45 for the rear. the tanabe is like 70 front and 70 rear.

get some swaybars, i run the RMDSM front and rear and its amazing. prothane complete suspension kit. will stiffen the hell out of the chasis.

also, if you have a 94 galant..... the upper control arms on all for axles.... are jsut stamped steel.
    the later models use that same stamped steel, but have an extra piece of steel welded in to "box in" the cavity on the underside of the arm....... making it considerably more rigid.
    switching to those arms will increase integrity.

also, camber kits are everything.
    having proper camber dialed in allows your suspension to do its job.

any one of these mods aren't really expensive. you do one a month... and in a year you'll be at my level.

some are more expensive than others i'm sure.

but its all worth it.

think about it.....

you can have a 400hp 4g63 in your engine bay... but maybe you don't get the open road enough to boost in your daily commute.
    so there you go.... all that power and you don't get to enjoy it every day.

but with a rigid suspension.... every driving moment is bliss.
    even parking is a thrill.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Thanks for the ideas..I have eibachs with AGX and prothane kit, but I wanted just a little bit more! I want that underbrace because I know I have some body flex and that would cure it! I've pm'd trigger before...but he has never pm'd me back! :?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tanab...em130156012405
    ^front lower

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tanab...em130156013064
    ^rear lower

obx version(peanotation has these)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-O...em260120817465

there is also a rear lower from obx. both considerably cheaper in cost. than tanabe

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

THANX! I am gonna get a hold of the seller...Burbank is like 15 minutes from where I live, see if I can just pick up! Thanks Stunr

Hey DOHC, why do you say the tanabe will be better than the obx? From the pics on ebay, the tanabe looks like it may be made from better material and better welds but you proably have more info into this?

Ever since I put those ground control coilsovers on, I have been hearng/feeling a wobbling sound when I roll over speed bumps and railroad tracks at slow speeds... Just looking for something to tighten up the suspension as well..
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

i woudln't doubt that the tanabe is the better piece.

but you can get both obx for about the price of one tanabe shipped.

i have not touched either,

but peanotation has the obx front and he says its a quality piece. robotic welds super light, and strong as oak

1994 Galant GS-Turbo