The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: just picked this up

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 79 of 79
    WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    im not in the habbit of going cheap w/ the car lol if you look at it im sure you can tell... megan has made reliable stuff in the past so i would trust them to an extent, definatelly wouldnt compare them to obx
    Those headers are garbage, that's all I'm saying. Give me an example of where Megan has made good V6 performance parts before, and I'll agree with the point that they make good stuff. If you're getting your advice from the giddy schoolgirls at Club3G who wet their pants because they only cost $300 or whatever, please reconsider.

edit: wow, they're only $268 shipped. I'm pretty sure you're going cheap here... the only good headers for this car cost at least $500. The best cost upward of $1500 (Hy Tech).

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yea edited my post lol, as to the reasoning...but they are undoubtably better then the stock manifolds for the sds

unfortunatelly hytech doesnt make them anymore though, have to wait for someone to part ways with them

WarmAndSCSI
    Definitely get rid of the 2.25"... it'll be a major restriction. I had the same deal on my setup and still do if you consider the crush-bent piping. All of that will be gone soon enough. I can't be too much of a hypocrite, there are still skeletons in my car's closet, like that crush-bent exhaust.

lol that exhaust does suck for how high quality your car is tim but i know what's coming so i wont say anything anymore

anyway, fatal, man if anything install the headers now and get the downpipe remade by someone who can weld and has a really good idea of how exhaust is supposed to work under boosted conditions please. otherwise it will choke the living shit out of that motor even at no more than 8psi. oh and please dont think that tim and i are trying to bag you for keeping the sds we are just trying to inform you of the problems that RIPP will never admit to and will never expose or even fix. just listen to the two people that have worked on this platform more than some big companies have in the recent years.

ohh absolutely agree, the the 2.25 will be gone after i install them , and have them install the appropriate bungs where needed... ive had the greddy evo2 catback for the 3g on the car already,
    oh no i completely understand if i was in tims shoes and had the problems he did i would be a little more then upset myself, although as of recent he has been pushing the sds a little bit lol, some people have gotten it to work fine and had only to perform maintenance others have been totally bent over without even the consideration of some lube lmao, but from 90% of what ive read the problems have been high stage cars pushing a good amount of boost and fuel problems particularly in the older kits.
    all in all im really hoping it works out as it potentially could be a good system but if it does not then at least i have a bunch of parts gathered for the turbo build lol

ok get the headers thurs and will be installing them on fri and going to exhaust shop
    e-manage ultimate is coming in this week as well (but am going to wait till i order the boomslang harness to install it)
    sent tim paypal for the 370cc injectors

still need to get
    innovate lc-1 and wideband guage
    pressure map sensor for emanage
    boomslang harness so i dont have to rip apart the wiring to the ecu

almost done here lol will prob wait till i pay off the cc bill till i get these items which should arrive in the next 2 weeks lol

looks like the install will take place sooner then i thought lol

ok get the headers thurs and will be installing them on fri and going to exhaust shop
    e-manage ultimate is coming in this week as well (but am going to wait till i order the boomslang harness to install it)

still need to get

almost done here lol will prob wait till i pay off the cc bill till i get these items which should arrive in the next 2 weeks lol

there's a bundle for the LC-1 and tactrix cable (if you need the cable)

here's the link --> http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IN-3791
    i got it for 290 shipped, but that's if you need both (doesn't come with A/F gauge)
    i'm sure on the same site you can get just the LC-1 if need be...

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by run1206

still need to get

there's a bundle for the LC-1 and tactrix cable (if you need the cable)

here's the link --> http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IN-3791
    i got it for 290 shipped, but that's if you need both (doesn't come with A/F gauge)
    i'm sure on the same site you can get just the LC-1 if need be...
    thanks D but my ecu isnt flashable and cant change that since i have the 5 spd
    just need the wideband and guage

Thats a nice looking setup! Good find!

any updates????

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

just need the wideband still and i want to get the boomslang harness, everything else i have already prob going to wait a few weeks till i get my refund and set some money aside so i have it for everything includeing tune etc

actually i lied i did pick up a new BOV i have the small ripp one with the kit and i picked up the bigger "redesigned one" thats supposed to be better but after everythings up and running i will probroblly go with something different possibly

well picked up the wideband...went with plx got t for a great deal too
    still would like to get the boomslang so i dont have to cut and solder all the wires for the e-manage

also picked up a pillar pod which i will be attempting to mold to the stock one

recieved the wideband yesterday, i will be ordering the harness this week as well as the water meth solution for the meth injection

i also need a 1/4 npt nozzle which i was unable to find thus-far for the meth injection, if anyone knows a place to try lmk please i tried jegs and a few others...

i am curious as to how this is turning out as well, keep us posted
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

any updates??

Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Congrats man! It will be SICK!!!!

well just a little update i have everything ordered the wiring harness last night...just need to get the nozzle and some new fluids for the install

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234