The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: just picked this up

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 79
    You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    well went to ripp today and was hanging out with ross for a bit...got all the misc fittings and a few lines i was missing....

definately a cool guy and explained to me a lot of the things people were having problems with and the fixes and some other stuff...basically the problem was the injectors on a lot of the kits that were sent out were leaking and caused some problems so they fixed all that and revised the fuel management completely and said the only problems since were basically user error on the install... particularly the electronics part...i had also heard the same since or had him fix the install

then we checked out teh cars i got some compliments and he showed off the skyline a bit which was a rediculous build let alone the fact it was a skyline

all in all it was cool and he knows his shit and is open to other ways of running his stuff

WarmAndSCSI
    You mean Ross... Russ Sanderlin owns TPS in Florida...

DO NOT run their products - they're all utter crap. This is why I'm going with a turbo kit within a month. I've had nothing but problems with RIPP. When THEIR welds BROKE on my supercharger shaft, they made ME pay for a new shaft. It all happened within the warranty period but, basically, they wouldn't cooperate and didn't give me shit for a discount, either. Stay far, far, far away from RIPP. This is coming from a guy who used to really support their SDS system.

edit: and if you insist on not flipping that SDS system, please do NOT run anything over 8-12 PSI even with a built engine because that particular Vortech blower really isn't meant for that much boost on a daily driver. Mine has finally failed after 2 years of driving, but I consider that terrible considering how much my car has been down during those 2 years. Also, do not use that belt tensioner contraption. It got me no extra boost and did nothing but shredded belts. Just keep good tension with the stock tensioner and use cheap AutoZone Duralast belts and you'll be happy.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    LOL Step1 to make your RIPP supercharger work, get rid of their fuel management, YES!
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot
    oh and ny may be fast but ut is the fastest. us ut guys love the ny g's though
    Be careful, we have a secret weapon, its called sea level.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Cali is in there like swim wear! When I am done, Peano gets back on the block and if Cali does another amazing G....we will be serious contenders!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

"Battle of the Gs"

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    LOL Step1 to make your RIPP supercharger work, get rid of their fuel management, YES!
    oh no i still plan on going w/ the emanage ultimate etc.... i was just saying he overall seemed to be a pretty cool guy and explained his stuff

we gotta do some mini meet when done so we can take a look at it!! looks good bro!!

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    oh no i still plan on going w/ the emanage ultimate etc.... i was just saying he overall seemed to be a pretty cool guy and explained his stuff
    Nah I was just messing with you. I am confident that with the right fuel management system that those superchargers will be insane. When Bryant had his old setup we talked about how gay the fuel management was but then he got rid of the kit so he never got to experiment with anything else.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

yea i heard the guys running a standalone have had no problems and are making great power....i have also read good things about the emanage ultimate

Experienced TGC Member
    Exactomondo and don't know how fast you guys are out there but you need to break high 11 in the 1/4 to be galant speed king
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

VR-4 is kind of cheating. The all wheel drive is a factor that most cannot get. We are at Sea Level too in Cali! I wonder whats the fastest boosted 7g running in the quarter? anyone know? I need a target

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

i believe there was a thread where you can post your times. i will see if i can find it

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepervr-4
    Exactomondo and don't know how fast you guys are out there but you need to break high 11 in the 1/4 to be galant speed king
    LOL, I'll be looking at high 10's with the 700 WHP setup I'm planning on. That's if I ever get traction. This will be early spring, too :twisted:

Plus I'll run it at sea level to make the defeat even more humiliating. :D

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    LOL, I'll be looking at high 10's with the 700 WHP setup I'm planning on. That's if I ever get traction. This will be early spring, too :twisted:

Tim i can't wait!! Maybe I will have to go out there with you to see that beast run!! :twisted:

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Rom

Tim i can't wait!! Maybe I will have to go out there with you to see that beast run!! :twisted:
    It'd be running right now if it weren't for Checker's crappy distributor rotor. At least 2 more pistons gone What a bitch.

Experienced TGC Member

Ha ha better make that low 10's since I have some new toys on the way Hint 2.3l stroker, fp3065, hks 272's, 950cc :shock: but I'm not killing craigs thread anymore. Craig ever thought of going with aem fic. It is said to be better since it sends stock values to the ecu. That way your ecu wont be fightin the piggy back like it would on greddy emanage.

Here is a link to some info on it http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory...CategoryID=116
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

WarmAndSCSI

Ha ha better make that low 10's since I have some new toys on the way Hint 2.3l stroker, fp3065, hks 272's, 950cc :shock: but I'm not killing craigs thread anymore. Craig ever thought of going with aem fic. It is said to be better since it sends stock values to the ecu. That way your ecu wont be fightin the piggy back like it would on greddy emanage.

Here is a link to some info on it http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory...CategoryID=116
    The E-Manage Ultimate doesn't "fight" the stock ECU. I don't get where people get this notion of "fighting" the stock ECU, except in closed loop. You can modify closed loop on 2001+ Galants, any way.

Yeah Tim, I'll be right there with you, I think traction will be the issue as it always is with FWD cars. The thing is, I think with slicks you wont need more than 600whp to go high 10's. Look at the 3g guy that went 11.5 @123 in 17" wheels and drag radials with 450whp. Anyway enough thread jacking, im happy Craigs car is gonna have the bite to backup the bark, its an awesome all around car.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

WarmAndSCSI

Yeah Tim, I'll be right there with you, I think traction will be the issue as it always is with FWD cars. The thing is, I think with slicks you wont need more than 600whp to go high 10's. Look at the 3g guy that went 11.5 @123 in 17" wheels and drag radials with 450whp. Anyway enough thread jacking, im happy Craigs car is gonna have the bite to backup the bark, its an awesome all around car.
    I just hope he gets sick of the SDS quickly and goes turbo like me :D Sorry, but the SDS is a waste of money. You can point fingers at me all day for being a Negative Nancy, but I have a LOT of experience to backup my statements.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast