The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuse problems?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Fuse problems?

I recently had something crazy happen. Parking my car, my radio and dome lights died. And my keyless wouldn't work. Smelled some burning plastic but thought i blew a speaker or something. Changed the fuses and found out 3 of 4 speakers do not work and the alternator whine is in the speakers now. What the heck just happened? Oh, and do I need the yellow case thingy? thanks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    heh? thats crazy sounds like something shorted out, the fuse for the radio/ dome lights/ door locks is within that yellow plastic shroud in the fusebox under the hood it is a 10a...

I think this should be posted as a permanent fix for all the times it's been answered.... your radio shorted out to ground. Pull it out of the dash and find the connection that isn't properly isolated.

No, you don't need the yellow thing, assuming you broke it getting the fuse out.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

checked, all wires are fine. even put in factory stereo and replaced fuse and it blew. Still smelling burned plastic smell too.. is this something I should have checked out by dealership? I have warrenty still but not sure if wiring is covered...

Oh and just to say... 2002 G just turned over 50K miles...gotta love low mileage

i say use your nose. follow the smell and it will help lead you to the culprit.

if you don't feel like looking around, take it to a profesisonal. i'll say this though. electrical diagnostics and repair can be very expensive. and since you do have aftermarket parts and aftermarket wiring, your warranty just might not cover that.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    sounds like what happened to me when i had my stereo shorting out, was crimped ( a power wire was cut grounding it to the body ) ( threw the hole the cut in the firewall. ) i couldnt even tell it was damaged at all, till i pulled the wire out a bit, and saw the cut in it, where it wore threw the black water gromit i didnt noticed for a while. untill when evera heavy heavy bass line it, and it would shit everything down ( heater , stereo dash lights ) then it started blowin fuses left and right. thats when i found it =p