The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6A13TT SWAP IN A USDM GALANT...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 56 of 56
    WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    such ass
    I think he's calling you an ass, GALANTOWNER. In this instance, I'd have to agree.

2002ShadowDeamon
    How about shipping from Japan?

Well, back to topic, I found a 6A13TT over here at JDM of Miami, and they are trying to sell it to me for $800 plus tax and all that, which is in my opinion a very good price for an engine that only has 35k and came from a Legnum. I am just wondering if it can be swapped in the 6G72 engine bay. I'm sure it can though, but since I have a 4 cyl it's almost a direct swap. The tranny costs about $300 more and it's the 4WD one but I see similarities over the top to the 5-Speed I have sitting in the garage.

I want to get more info on the swap and install so I will be contacting the guys who've done the swap at the Mirage forums.

I believe total cost of the swap should be about 3k if you don't cheap out

2002ShadowDeamon
    Okay, this is really bad news! I cant seem to find anyone in the states that will import a car from Japan. So, how in the hell is this suppose to work? The only thing i found was a company in California that imported Skylines, but nothing else. So now what?

thats what the guy here in Chicago has......
    can you find out who he went through? Maybe that would give us a place to start.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002ShadowDeamon
    Okay, this is really bad news! I cant seem to find anyone in the states that will import a car from Japan. So, how in the hell is this suppose to work? The only thing i found was a company in California that imported Skylines, but nothing else. So now what?

thats what the guy here in Chicago has......
    can you find out who he went through? Maybe that would give us a place to start.
    i can check his local website. word is that he spent something like 90K getting it street legal man. so now he drives it down the street. the shops name is Top Speed Performance. some of the IL guys would know about it. ill see what i can dig up...
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Sory, I wasnt trying to be an ass but I have shipped a few cars in my lifetime to Romania from here and i know how pain in the ass it can be to achive. I have 2 8G galants so Im not trying to put down the Galant but I thought these forums were to share knowledge and I happen to have some in that deparment. I dont know alot of you guys here but Im not here to have wars guys. Im here to share and receive knowledge and this passion for cars. Eccept that lime green one...lol. TGC is great hope I didn't get anyones panties in a bunch.

nobody said it was gonna be easy, but it doesn't cost too much. the biggest pain in the dick is emissions. i would easily take a Galant over an M3, the Galant is faster and is just as luxurious. jdm Galants are so damn nice inside, it's crazy

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

alright guyz i was the one who started all this with the import of an offical 8g vr-4!! i was reading all your comments and they seemed very interesting!! now the fact that u can get a vr-4 imported from japan would make it unique because i personally haven't seen a 8g vr-4 here in the US!! if anyone have seen one let me see picz of it!! second, that would make it unique because you are buying a car that may look almost the same on the outside but very unique in the inside, Twin Turbo engine V6 2.5 litter with 285bhp on it, sick interior, nice cluster, electronic estability control, heated mirrors for a 1996 model since it came from japan and a lot more!! i would personally search around and find out how much would it be to bring it into the states and if is around 10,000.00 dollars i'll start saving and get it done!! in my country Dominican Republic, they have Direct importation from Japan and my cousing told me that the Nissan Silvia with right hand drive is there, Civic EK9 hatch with right hand drive too, and they have offical VR-4 in there with twin turbo engines!! if i happend not to get one here in the states i will go there and buy one in my country and enjoy it to the fullest!! but atleast i will own one, one day!! i will show you picz when accomplished!!

2002ShadowDeamon
    Ok. Here is an update. I have done tons of searching, and so far the best thing that I can find is importing one for Show Purposes. The only problem with that is you can only put 2500 mile on it in a year. And it has to be listed as a show car, so insurance will eat you up. I was hoping to be able to ship it in and own it as a personal car, but cant find the restrictions on it. I have called tons of people that do imports, and it seems that nobody ships fron Japan.

in my country Dominican Republic, they have Direct importation from Japan and my cousing told me that the Nissan Silvia with right hand drive is there, Civic EK9 hatch with right hand drive too, and they have offical VR-4 in there with twin turbo engines!! if i happend not to get one here in the states i will go there and buy one in my country and enjoy it to the fullest!! but atleast i will own one, one day!! i will show you picz when accomplished!!
    What would it take for me to ship from Dominican Republic to US? Can you get me some info on this stuff?

i can check his local website. word is that he spent something like 90K getting it street legal man. so now he drives it down the street. the shops name is Top Speed Performance. some of the IL guys would know about it. ill see what i can dig up...

Any updates on this?

2002ShadowDeamon wrote:
    [/quote]

What would it take for me to ship from Dominican Republic to US? Can you get me some info on this stuff?

Any updates on this?[/quote]

i have to find out with my cousin, i think it would be cheaper to bring it from DR instead of bringing it from JAPAN!! i'll give him a call sometime this week, and will keep ya updated!!

This applies to any vehicle coming in to the United States. So, read it and there some other links on there to the EPA.

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm...rcar.htm#prior

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DNSerrano
    Well, back to topic, I found a 6A13TT over here at JDM of Miami, and they are trying to sell it to me for $800 plus tax and all that, which is in my opinion a very good price for an engine that only has 35k and came from a Legnum. I am just wondering if it can be swapped in the 6G72 engine bay. I'm sure it can though, but since I have a 4 cyl it's almost a direct swap. The tranny costs about $300 more and it's the 4WD one but I see similarities over the top to the 5-Speed I have sitting in the garage.

I want to get more info on the swap and install so I will be contacting the guys who've done the swap at the Mirage forums.

I believe total cost of the swap should be about 3k if you don't cheap out
    David, keep us posted! I'm too lazy to sign up on the Mirage forums, lol but this swap looks pretty sweet and something I could see doing to my car if it'll work out.
    ~Lady Driven~

to bad canada doesnt have vr-4's..

I bet it would be easier to bring one there then here and just drive it over.

2002ShadowDeamon
    This applies to any vehicle coming in to the United States. So, read it and there some other links on there to the EPA.

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm...rcar.htm#prior
    This is good information, but it doesnt tell how to find out wether or not a VR-4 can be shipped over. All i found out is that there is a list of what cars are not allowed to be shipped to the US, but it wont let me view the list. This doesnt state any restrictions, just how to ship.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123