The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lights, Camera, 7G ACTION!!!

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Lights, Camera, 7G ACTION!!!

2 weeks before I joined this forum, my friend gave me his 7G. Heres a lil description: Maroon, 4cyl, auto(damn it), tints, and everything else, BONE STOCK.... I went threw hell and back and back to hell again, just to get this thing transfered to me, than notary, than registration, than long lines at the DMV. But now, shes ALIVE. I drove it today, and these things can move. I'm gonna be with this car for a long time....If it doesn't die. :x But now I'm finally a proud galant owner. What should I do to it now? Pics will be up on sat.

-GalantPrince88

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Paint it pink!
    7g for life!

Lower it n jump on the turbo 7G bandwagon. :twisted:
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Low ride wit turbo, sounds sweet. But the pink thing, I'll pass.

Just enjoy! Oh get rid of the balance shaft....its safer trust me!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

dont you have an 8g?

Quote Originally Posted by bmore303
    i am going to be the first turbo 7G in Baltimore woot woot. almost ready to start the project. all i need is the maft translator gen II and some other small things!

but yes the cars do move when they are in the mood. Check out what everybody else has done to theirs

i am with seth on this, paint it pink!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    maybee a shea lounge for the rear seat and tvs in the headlights too lmao

convert to 5 spd
    drop
    boost
    maybee a few jdm parts as well

What you should do first, is to never misuse "than" for "then" three times in a row ever again, that just hurt my head. J/K

Second, there's not a whole lot to do to the 7G that's direct bolt on, but the basics are all there. Lower it over some nice 17's, NGK plugs and wires, strut bar, etc... then if you wanna go crazy, boost it!

Quote Originally Posted by ohgrfreak
    Second, there's not a whole lot to do to the 7G that's direct bolt on
    thats not true, alot of stuff bolts on example ( rear disk swap, turbo, and manifold) even the 2G pulleys bolt on

almost everything bolts up, but things like the exhaust just need to be extended a couple inches.

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You ought to get a set of custom Hot Bits coilovers, keep the car at stock ride height(maybe lower the front an inch), get some forged 16" wheels, some rally tires, weldup a skid plate, and go do some SCCA Rally haha! :D
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    i am going to be the first turbo 7G in Baltimore woot woot. almost ready to start the project. all i need is the maft translator gen II and some other small things!

but yes the cars do move when they are in the mood. Check out what everybody else has done to theirs

Actually I believe I have that title... you would just be the first turbo 7g that lives there. :P

If you even think about going turbo, swap out to 5 speed first, it's the only way that's worthwhile. Also like kolio said there are plenty of things that bolt on to the 7g, you just need to know that virtually no one markets them so you want to be looking at parts for 2g eclipses.

222whp/250wtq

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio

Actually I believe I have that title... you would just be the first turbo 7g that lives there. :P
    ya you wher only visiting, but i will be the first resident turbo 7G

I'm going to be bold and see how long it takes to blow my auto tranny on a turbo lol. It's a risk I'm willing to take.
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

I'm going to be bold and see how long it takes to blow my auto tranny on a turbo lol. It's a risk I'm willing to take.
    i'm gonna take risk on the motor, see i'm pretty sure something is wrong with it

Wow, at least we can pull these engines for cheap here. Blow it, and buy a another one. I've never seen a 7G 4G64 pulled at the yards I've been to.
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

ya hey never do but the manual trannies fly

i'm the one that takes em, just got onelast weekend actually. i'm waiting for the elusive GS to show up in the yard!

Lol I'm calling around for parts every couple of weeks too. Nothing good yet, but I keep changing my mind about different things now. I'll head back to Crazy Ray's in the spring, I went their in about 95 degree weather...would hate to climb over those cars in the 30s.
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

to get the stuff you want you got to be ready anytime to pull parts. i pulled the 5spd with it hailing. i had guidence on the phone while doing it too.

to get what you want you need to go every week. i go about every week to erdman ave, and hawkins pt

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Paint it pink!
    x2
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4