The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2008 EVO X vs Subaru STI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27

2008 EVO X vs Subaru STI

http://www.nihoncar.com/en/review-47...tch-up%21.html

Looks like the Evo X is a real winner in this matchup

projectGTZ
    It's already made my wallpaper and my dreams, perhaps after a couple of years when the MR shows it's face, it will make my driveway!!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    That's dissapointing since the Evo X looks so cool, and reminiscent of the 8G. Hopefully a performance pkg will BOOST up the downfalls.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

whatever shortcomings the new evo has will be worked out in the aftermarket. if ur gonna buy and evo, ur not gonna leave it stock.

Gotta agree with Reelax. I wouldn't buy either car to keep it stock. Hell I've never met someone who didn't already have parts ready to be bought when they pick up one of these.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    come on, if the evo had more, nobody will buy a subaru.

Does ANYBODY like the new look of the WRX?? Personally I think it is HORRIBLE!!! Hopefully Suburu will relize the mistake they made. Just my personal opinion. :D

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Rom
    Does ANYBODY like the new look of the WRX?? Personally I think it is HORRIBLE!!! Hopefully Suburu will relize the mistake they made. Just my personal opinion. :D
    Agreed. I'm thinking the new design was Toyota's doing as it looks like a freakin Toyota. Way to let such a boring company buy a share of your own, Subaru.

With the older body styles you RARELY saw a really riced out WRX but this new body style is just BEGGING for rice!! DAMN YOU SUBARU!!!

The subaru is fugly...I'd rock that evo-X

the evo is definitely sick!!...the subby..hmmmm may take some getting use to.. - but they look mean as hell together

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Looks arent everything, check out the real world performance comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=844C8Wnfjf8

Looks like the new Evo cant handle its predecessor!
    7g for life!

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Looks arent everything, check out the real world performance comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=844C8Wnfjf8

Looks like the new Evo cant handle its predecessor!
    Strange, Car and Driver said just the opposite minus straight-line performance. I'll watch the video when I get home.

Don't watch that video its shit. There is too much driver error and other bullshit. The Motor Trend article has the new Evo X beating the new STi on the track by a full second. So the new Evo handles great its just not as fast as it used to be at the dragstrip.

Yeah, the only way to tell for sure is to let "The Stig" take them both around the Top Gear track!
    7g for life!

WarmAndSCSI
    Yeah, let the Stig drive it. It will surely determine the better car. Yes, I said "it." The Stig is not a person, it's a thing. :|

Some say his skin has the texture of dolphins ... and He naturally faces magnetic north ... all we know is that he is called "The Stig"

Top Gear rocks, I watch it every week :)
    7g for life!

WarmAndSCSI
    I betcha don't watch the ones straight from the UK though... I wish I could give you access to this server I got all the Season 10 episodes from. It's for another forum, though. If you've already seen all of Season 10, then mad props for being a real TG fan. Otherwise, you're really missing out because it's been the best season yet.

PM me and maybe I'll host them from my house and let you download them. I've got ~900 Kbps up, which isn't too bad.

Ive seen the first half of Season 10. I still need to go back and watch all of Season 9, I missed a few eps. I usually just get the torrents and watch it on BBC America when it comes on.
    7g for life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast