The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8000k vs 6000k

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

8000k vs 6000k

So I got these new cheap 8000K HID d2s bulbs from ebay and pit them against philips ultinon 6000k

the 1st and 2nd pictures show the driver side with 8000k vs 6000k on passenger. as you can see, when you look straight at the source, it isnt quite blue, but the blue really shows on the wall. Im surprised that the output of the 8000k bulb is pretty good. not bad for $50 bulbs.

the next is both 8000k

btw, just got my grille colormatched.

GREEN is the new BLACK

pretty cool man, i say go with the 8000k it looks better!! and thats why i mean your JDM heads are working just fine and i need help with mines!! lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    8K, there is no other way 8)

how come u didnt take any pics of the light output where it matters? on the road
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

TGC Regular
    Nice pickup for $50. Even if they only last you a year, you could buy 4 sets of those for what the damn Ultinon bulbs go for :shock:

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    how come u didnt take any pics of the light output where it matters? on the road
    because i was lazy.

GREEN is the new BLACK

TGC Regular
    Did you try 4300? I had phillips 4300 in my tsx and I had a nice blue flicker

I read somewhere 6k is best. In rain and regular conditions. I have 6k low and fogs. Plus since its superwhite, it makes it more oem to cops who see it.
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

I get the purple/blue flicker due to the TSX projectors. I just wanted a whiter with a very slight blue overall output. I dont think there's any loss of output...it actually seems brighter. the color doesn't really scream out "gimme a ticket".
    I use genuine philips 4300k on my montero, it looks yellow compared to 8000k. So I think the ultinon/6000k will now go into the monty.

I am pretty happy with the results.

GREEN is the new BLACK