The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Should i put the Suicide door kit or work on motor

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Door kit

5 11.11%
  • Turbo Kit

40 88.89%

Thread: My Wide Body G Is Complete Killeen Texas Style!!!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 267
    Experienced TGC Member
    I really dont understand everyones beef with altezzas?

Im sure we all recognize this guys car by now. And his car proves my point....ALTEZZAS CAN LOOK GOOD ON CERTAIN GALANTS.

They look good here because the housing is colormatched to the purple. JDMs would look horrible. How does Red and Orange (JDM tail colors) flow with Purple and Green?

My only problem with this car is the green, i wouldve gone with a sunburnt orange or dark red. But thats just my opinion. I refuse to flame anyone whos put a ton of work into their Galant. REGARDLESS if im not feeling it. I think we all still need to give this guy props on spending a large amount of time to build his Galant. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    i like the wide body. lower the car w/ coilovers or air. get some nice multi piece wheels 20x10 front and 20x13 rear. the rim shoud be flush w/ the fender and the tires stretched back to clear. lose the altezza tails, those are gross. good work so far!
    I would do 18x9.5 or 19x9.5 with a +25mm offset. With either 275/35-18s or 285/30-19s. Then 18x8.5 or 19x8.5 with a +30mm offset with 235/40-18s or 235/35-19s.

6G72, I would actually say JDMs would look better than Altezzas in this case. Though I'd agree the green is simply too much. I would have done the purple all over the car.

WarmAndSCSI
    I'm pretty sure he could fill the fenders nicely without having a staggered setup (which is just gay on a FWD car no matter how you look at it).

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    body work is good until you see the front end. That ish is undone...

looka at the hood all the way upfront..

the headlights are blurry...

theres something going on on the big holes on the bumper...

grill??

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    Guile, please don't take these comments too personally. Most here are striving for the "clean" look. Most are not accustomed to the gulf coast style like yours so do what's best for you. See you at the next meet. :D
    It's not even the style.... I'm used the same 'style' where I'm from. It's the fact that certain cars can handle certain colors, and the Galant is definitely one of those cars that can't handle every color. There's 3 Galants in Jacksonville that have 'this style' and 2 are sweet is hell (gold/black two-tone, and a pretty ass sparkly hot pink on 22s with flake tint) one is hideous because it's just the wrong color(Highlighter yellow). The lime green color would look good on any other car with smoother sexier lines maybe or a bigger car and probably a little more metallic, a shade or two darker, or the same affects done with the purple. Maybe even the tone was laid up higher. Just lime green is a bad color choice to complement a Galant. It ain't ready for it. Not every car can handle certain colors....
    ~Lady Driven~

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    body work is good until you see the front end. That ish is undone...

looka at the hood all the way upfront..

the headlights are blurry...

theres something going on on the big holes on the bumper...

grill??
    The one thing I notice is that it looks like the radiator and PS cooler were painted green. It almost looks like overspray. Should have told the painter to mask that shit off!

i rather stick it with JDM!!

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    A lot of work.............. I want to wide body my G too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Rom
    AHHHH!!!!! They ruined that benz!!!!
    That is a Honda motor in that car. Looks like it was an Integra

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

damn reminds me of this

but it still looks like this...

RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

See i actually like that g minus the orange rims but to me it looks pretty good as far as the paint job goes. hey g-spot when the next meet?

lonestar - yeah thats fuckin awesome that you post a picture of shit in a thread that is marked safe for work. keep enforcing the stupid on this site

galant101 - your car is your car. do you like it? if yes, then great. do i like it? hell no, but my opinion is mine.

if i were a judge in a competition, looking at these types of cars, and was looking at your car... the main thing that would upset me is the paint IN the front bumper. overspray on the radiator and cooler lines? that looks horrible, not even at maaco, but worse than a rattle can by a blind man behind the local maaco

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by galant101
    See i actually like that g minus the orange rims but to me it looks pretty good as far as the paint job goes. hey g-spot when the next meet?
    It's in March or April I'll fill in the details after Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Rom
    AHHHH!!!!! They ruined that benz!!!!
    99% sure that's not a benz.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant
    I really dont understand everyones beef with altezzas?

Im sure we all recognize this guys car by now. And his car proves my point....ALTEZZAS CAN LOOK GOOD ON CERTAIN GALANTS.

They look good here because the housing is colormatched to the purple. JDMs would look horrible. How does Red and Orange (JDM tail colors) flow with Purple and Green?
    nope still wrong, altezzas are ugly on any car but an altezza. TRIGGERMAUVE is in JAPAN. they are doing what we are doing but in reverse. the alltezzas were made for the USDM market... they are going for uniqueness since there tails are the JDM's. in asia there are some tuners that are even using USDM parts to be unique. but altezzas still look yucky on the galant (at least the TYC ones that are readily available).

o and jdm tails are red and white; there is no amber lens on them... now taiwan had a version w/ amber signals but we're not talking about those right?

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    I'm pretty sure he could fill the fenders nicely without having a staggered setup (which is just gay on a FWD car no matter how you look at it).
    this is a show car... form won't always follow function on a show car. form following function would mean the front wheels would be wider than the rears... mechanically that would work the best but would look retarded.

this is a show car... form won't always follow function on a show car. form following function would mean the front wheels would be wider than the rears... mechanically that would work the best but would look retarded.
    Speaking of cars like that the Pontiac Grand Prix GXP V8 has that setup from the factory.

WarmAndSCSI
    Nope, sorry. There is no form in having a staggered setup on a car you know is FWD. Why not use the same width and offset wheels front and back? It would look fine and nobody would call you a dumbass for staggering your FWD car.

Sorry, but I'm still of the school of thought that the primary purpose of a car is to be driven. Looks can follow functionality and always should. Why have something that appears to have function but really doesn't? It's as easy to have the best of both worlds... Otherwise, it's nothing but rice.

edit: and I never once said that you should stagger a FWD car the other way around. It looks like crap and should be left for drag racing and auto-x. Keeping it how it was as designed by Mitsubishi is just fine.

edit2: These are the wheels you have: VOLK RACING SF-winning gun metal forged multi-piece 19"x8.5" +48mm, right? Notice how you kept them unstaggered and very close to the OEM offset? I think you know as well as anybody else that that's the best look for the Galant unless you put larger fender extensions on the back than on the front.

edit3: It's really hard to tell if his front fender flares are equal to the rear ones... the front wheels are turned in every single picture

Quote Originally Posted by GoldGalant [Reborn
    ]mod edit for off topicage

What's up with this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    The car was in the thread and I wasn't flaming anyone so why was I edited.

Please do tell
    The Altima

Eh. Basically everything has been said already...but honestly, all that work for body and paint and the hood doesn't line up? The heads and tails both look foggy which would bother me a lot. My G's front fender got smashed completely and it lines up straighter than that. I don't like how the split line for the colors doesn't match the body lines up front. It seems to squared off for the 8G, which has more of a streamlined feel stock. The seats and the interior are still grey? Eh. The wheels, eh.

It's funny, because when I saw the first picture I thought it was a photoshop that I had done a while back to see the ugliest color I could make...

I like the purple / red color, but there is just no way that lime green matches that. I'm not one for body kits, but as far as making the widebody, it looks solid. Just the flow of everything could be locked down a bit better.

I'm not trying to dis or hate or anything like that, but if I paid to fix up my car with a body kit and a paint job and it came out like that I would be PiST. Definitely need to mesh the grill. It has potential, it just needs some more loving.

It's definitely unique. But I wouldn't be proud about how unique you are using a bright green color on a Mitsubishi....

And as far as the poll goes... is what I would choose out of the two, but as your car sits it needs suspension before anything else.

what you think of this evo w/ the green?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast