The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: More brake problems...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    luxcrusr2000
    How much would a good set of rotors cost me? And what are the best kind to get?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luxcrusr2000)</div><div class='quotemain'>Update: The noise came back the other day. Â*Like I said in my previous post, it felt like the rotors were warping. I'm wondering if this is what was causing the brake dust, in turn causing the noise. The pads have 75% left on them.</div>

Don't resurface your stock rotors!!!!! With the money you spend on doing that (especially at the dealers) you can get new Brembo X-drill and Slotted rotors.

If it is truely warped, it will get worse and worse real fast. It happened to me while I was going to Vegas. Pretty soon you will feel vibration when braking at around 50+ mph.......So yeah, I would just buy new rotors.</div>

actually, resurfacing your rotors with an ON-CAR lathe is hands down the best way to repair a vibration.
    off the car turning is crap... and just slapping on new rotors is usually pretty bad, too.

Do you have stock steel wheels with covers? I'm wandering if this is a problem of brake dust build up with the stock wheels not getting enough ventilation. I wander if this happends as much to people with custom rims, where there is enough ventilation to blow out excess dust. :?: :idea:
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

luxcrusr2000
    I have the stock rims and hubcaps, but I don't see any excess brake dust on them. :?:

Tiptronic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luxcrusr2000)</div><div class='quotemain'>How much would a good set of rotors cost me? And what are the best kind to get?</div>

try here

www.precisionbrakescompany.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12