The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear Disc Conversion

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Rear Disc Conversion

So once i do the conversion, which model do i buy rotors and pads for? ES? LS? GTZ? I have a DE and when i looked on tire rack, they only sell rotors and pads for the front.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

Re: Rear Disc Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by 2kgalant
    So once i do the conversion, which model do i buy rotors and pads for? ES? LS? GTZ? I have a DE and when i looked on tire rack, they only sell rotors and pads for the front.
    depends what parts you use....
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Hmm...the guy selling me the conversion kit said that its for a 99-03 8th gen.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kgalant
    Hmm...the guy selling me the conversion kit said that its for a 99-03 8th gen.
    well because the 00' Galant V6 had dual calipers. so if thats what you get, you can use that....

like when i did my swap, i used the parts off a 96 eclipse and i got the rotors for that year. so everything worked out find. plus i cross referenced the part #s and they were all the same so everything was koo....
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    You can use rear disc from a V6 8g, V6 3g Eclipse or any 2g Eclipse that had rear disc (95-99), or V6 Avenger or Seabring (95-Not sure). If you cross reference the rear caliper and rotor they are all the same on all those cars, the backing plates are all the same too, the 8g is the only one that people say is different.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

hmm, my rear setup is from a GTZ, so it dont matter to me

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by njjfudge
    You can use rear disc from a V6 8g, V6 3g Eclipse or any 2g Eclipse that had rear disc (95-99), or V6 Avenger or Seabring (95-Not sure). If you cross reference the rear caliper and rotor they are all the same on all those cars, the backing plates are all the same too, the 8g is the only one that people say is different.
    95-05 Sebring (ex. the convertible... at least the ones I came across had the Intrepid style calipers or drums), and 95-99 Avenger and 2001-2005 Stratus works too, but funny that today I came across 2 Stratuses, one had the rear calipers compatible with our cars, and the other one had the calipers that come on the Intrepid and Concorde.... :smt102
    ~Lady Driven~

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Quote Originally Posted by njjfudge
    Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted
    dont hate +1