The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VRG Bumper/USDM heads & grill new pictures added pg.2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 58 of 58
    You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    the jdm heads will definatelly help on the gap but...thats not completely your problem...actually when i installed my vrg bumper on the old car, i noticed that the second tab didnt lipe up for whatever reason so i cut it off, secondly you need to add the second bolt to the bumper to close the gap as well

u have gaps behcause ur bumper is not bolted on all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    it would be easier to readjust the bumper with the wheels off. so if you did it with the weehls on I'd recommend taking the wheels off then taking the bumper off.

also, make sure you try and take the fender lining off makes it ten time easier IMO.

looks good if you could just minimize the gap bro. I'm waiting on how it will come out in the end because I wanna use a JDM front bumper with my USDM heads due to some stuff I got up my sleeve that I need a bigger front bumper for. :twisted:

also, qnzmostwanted is right, you'd need to put on the second bolt in first before the bolt in the wheel well.
    no matter what there will always be somewhat of a gap under the headlight due to the jdm bumper dipping down more where the headlight starts while the usdm slightly goes down. i cant get the bumper high enough to put in the second bolt but when i get a chance ill take everything apart and try again
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

no matter what? i just don't believe that you can't bolt the bumper on flush on the sides (since so many other people have done it right)... go back and try again. DANGER DANJ's JDM bumper fit 1000x better and he kept the USDM headliught grill combo so either he has magical powers or u did not do it right:

i guess his not mechanically incline . you probably need to check the clearance of your bumper support bar. maybe it needs trimming.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    THings like these require a little bit of imagination. If people can fit JDM heads and look like they came that way, you can install a damn plastic bumper bro. Take it off again and improvise if you have to, I think you bumper sags in front and thats why you have that huge ass gap between bumper and heads. You will have a gap but it will not be noticable, even with USDM heads, find away to push the bumper up from the front. Just take your time. That looks sloppy but then again you are not a body man. It's alright bro, you can get this. :smt023

take the metal thing off your old bumper on the top and drill new holes in it that line up with the vrg bumper and reuse it... worked for me..

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    no matter what? i just don't believe that you can't bolt the bumper on flush on the sides (since so many other people have done it right)... go back and try again. DANGER DANJ's JDM bumper fit 1000x better and he kept the USDM headliught grill combo so either he has magical powers or u did not do it right:

i know i can get the gap on the fender to go away. im talking aobut under the headlight, which is not depicted correctly in that picture. i know for a fact i can get the fender to line up neat and flush but until JDM headlights are installed there will be a small gap there. chill

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Yeah N00bs. Chillz Plz.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Here's a better pic of David's G with the USDM & JDM setup

Hey are you still using the front upper bumper support? I had the same problem when i installed my bumper, even with the JDM two piece. but i talked to sillyazian and just asked him all the OEM and fab stuff done to his, then it came across my mind he was still using his OEM support bar. so i went the dealership and got a new one. made a big difference, NOW!!! there is still a gap but not as big as yours is. see mine was like yours at the dallas meet. but yeah like the other guys are saying about the fender part, headlight bolt first then wheel bolt. but i feel your pain i was the same when i put mine on.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

you have any pics of your bumper Silver01g?,,,,, i have the same bumper but im not finished putting it on, i cut about 16"s off both ends of the bumper support because ends were just not lining up and making things harder then they should be. so i just used the 2 bolts on the rad. support. one side of the bumper will go on fine with a little bit of a fight but the other its almost impossible to get the tabs to line up with the holes in the fenders. which can probaly be resovled with just widening the hole for the tab thats being stubborn or loosening the fender.
    to make things even harder for me thats the side with wind shield wiper fluid res. so catching that bolt suckz.
    and the head lights arent lining up like there suppossed to, and cant cut much more of the rad. support because the a/c condenser will have nothing to mount too.

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    This is how mine looks, I hope it helps.
    (JDM heads of course)

-

ill try to get some soon, i need a to borrow a camera first. yeah i understand the troubles. Yeah sillyazian told me he also cutted the ends of his support bar. i didnt. i screwed the to ends to the bolt closer to the headlight. it takes alot of elbow grase. seriously. Oh yeah make sure your foglight brackets aint hitting the frame either. alittle of the part also is with the foglights brackets. the top right screw hits the frame, i bent mine and it gave it alittle more room to to work with. ill try guys to get some pictures. !!!NOW!!! remember this doesnt completely solve the problem with the gap. there will still be a gap, just not a noticable.

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

was yours folded when you got it? i think that has alot to do with mine not fitting well.
    i was told that the white lines wont go away even when repainted a body shop told me they would come back due to that part of the bumper being stretched. i dont really believe that part. yeah my support bar fits fine on one side but the other it doesnt line up right, same with the other side i wish i could just get ahold of a jdm one, i thought it would come with the bumper since it was pictured in the bumper trigg said he was sending. oh well im so anal when i get time this thing will be lined up right with the JDMs installed

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    was yours folded when you got it? i think that has alot to do with mine not fitting well.
    i was told that the white lines wont go away even when repainted a body shop told me they would come back due to that part of the bumper being stretched. i dont really believe that part. yeah my support bar fits fine on one side but the other it doesnt line up right, same with the other side i wish i could just get ahold of a jdm one, i thought it would come with the bumper since it was pictured in the bumper trigg said he was sending. oh well im so anal when i get time this thing will be lined up right with the JDMs installed
    Mines was folded. BUt i also let my bumper sit in a warm room with a heater blowing hot air onto it until it formed its natural shape again. From time to time i even pressed and pulled on it to get the folds out. I also had my bumper painted. My bumper still looks fine. No folds, no nothing.

just do your thing man!! i know u will come up with this one!!

Yeah mine was folded too. yeah you'll get it man, im not really tripping about it anymore since this accident helped me out. i took it to my body and paint guy and he's gonna line up everything for me. but you'll get it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123