The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Product Review: Dash-Mat Cover for 99-03 8G (IT SUXS LOL...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 35

Product Review: Dash-Mat Cover for 99-03 8G (IT SUXS LOL...)

Tired of your dash looking like this?

THEN GO BUY A NEW DASH!!!!
    But, if money is your problem....
    Well, look no further, introducing dash mat

Custom made to fit each dashboard
    Cuts hazardous windshield glare
    Dramatically reduces windshield haze caused by gasses emitted from the dashboard
    Protects the dash from sun damages, helping to stop cracking and warping
    Made of durable, color fast, non-shrinking needle punch carpet
    Limited Lifetime Warranty
    It's already cut and molded to fit your dash perfectly

Choose from 13 colors (I chose black)

$35.00 shipped

I rate this product...whatever, go buy a new dash 8)

WarmAndSCSI
    G-Spot are you kidding me? I attribute those atrocious things to beat up 80's Corollas whose owners are mentally handicapped.

DashMat, what a riot. 8)

You should see my dash! It looks like shit cause it has cracked!!! But i dont like the look of the mat :cry:

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    why not just get a new dash???
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Thats what I am planning on doing.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    G-Spot are you kidding me? I attribute those atrocious things to beat up 80's Corollas whose owners are mentally handicapped.

DashMat, what a riot. 8)
    that's why I placed in "CAR CARE PRODUCTS". This is not a mod nor customizing in any way

WarmAndSCSI,
    Is everything that you type now so negative? I'm not insulted from that comment but that's very immature from a good person like yourself. I bought this product so it will protect the new dash from future cracks. There are other members (and lurkers) here that would appreciate this product since some cannot afford a decent dash board (yet). It's also beneficial for those whose dash looks emaculate and wants protect it longer. I'm proud of your recent engine achievement, but just because you created a 400+ whp monster does not entitle you flame just about EVERY PERSON on this board. Of course you can do whatever you wish, I ain't stopping you in no way shape or form.....

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    So what's holding it on, just gravity?
    ~Lady Driven~

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot

DashMat, what a riot. 8)
    that's why I placed in "CAR CARE PRODUCTS". This is not a mod nor customizing in any way

WarmAndSCSI,
    Is everything that you type now so negative? I'm not insulted from that comment but that's very immature from a good person like yourself. I bought this product so it will protect the new dash from future cracks. There are other members (and lurkers) here that would appreciate this product since some cannot afford a decent dash board (yet). It's also beneficial for those whose dash looks emaculate and wants protect it longer. I'm proud of your recent engine achievement, but just because you created a 400+ whp monster does not entitle you flame just about EVERY PERSON on this board. Of course you can do whatever you wish, I ain't stopping you in no way shape or form.....
    Sorry, this is not a flame. I can't even believe you took offense to it. Just look at how tacky it looks! Would you rather have a cracked dash or have carpet on your dash. COME ON! That's something my Grandma would put in her car.

none taken :) Back home, it's easy to get dash cracked from the heat and humidity. I just didn't feel to buy another dash set every 3 years since this is my 3rd set. All the work and poof! it be gone soon after. You gotta understand, this is no mean to look cool or sport it out during meets. It's not gonna give me mad (tyte) points at a carshow nor getting some p**sy

Anyways, I just post this as product review and nothing else 8)

Divinity, it's held with velcro if you're wondering :?

WarmAndSCSI
    LOL, Velcro. Be a G and just park your car in the shade. Very rarely can I not find some place to park that is A) away from other cars and B) in the shade or covered.

BTW, you know I don't give a fuck about the "show" looks of a car, but that is definitely not the best option to protect your dash

I really wanted to know :) Thanks
    ~Lady Driven~

WarmAndSCSI
    and what's your take then?
    Me? Like I said, park in the shade/with the windshield facing away from the sun or get some of those sunshades. Easy enough. You drive a nice car, you should protect it.

I'm pretty sure it's the direct heat from the sun that tends to crack dashes, I could be wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity
    I really wanted to know :) Thanks
    I was refering to Tim, sorry :oops:

WarmAndSCSI
    I mean, it's not going to fix your currently broken dash, but I think careful parking technique can keep it from getting much worse until you find a new one. Or you can keep your DashMat and I can keep on making fun of it because it's damn hilarious

I'm pretty sure it's the direct heat from the sun that tends to crack dashes, I could be wrong, though.
    you're right, at least part of the problem. Even with shade, there still chance it may crack over a long period of time. And then opening the window slightly vent the hot air out helps also.

WarmAndSCSI

you're right, at least part of the problem. Even with shade, there still chance it may crack over a long period of time. And then opening the window slightly vent the hot air out helps also.
    Yeah, you have those side visors, so you can probably safely leave your windows cracked just a little. If you have an alarm, the opportunist thief will leave your car alone any way.

well, it is hillarious even from my stand point I might make a motivational poster later tonight lol

WarmAndSCSI
    DashMat - when you love your car that much

DashMat - when you love your car that much
    LMAO
    ~Lady Driven~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast