The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Tire Setup

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

New Tire Setup

Whats up guys... i have an 04 Glant and am looking to put some new wheels and tires on it. I am looking for something under 800$ if thats possible... and I am looking for some black wheels. Anyone have any suggestions also ill do some more searching but im still confussed on how to tell what will or wont fit because of the offset. Anyway any help would be sick. Thanks - Doug

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Well what trim is your 04? If you have the GTS I think those wheels are pretty nice for stock. With the 9G you have a bigger body and large wheel wells to fill, so you're going to want at least 18's, 19's would look the best though.

For $800 finding a set of 18" wheels and tires might be tough, but it is possible. To stay close to your price range it might be worth it to find a nice set of used wheels and just get new tires for them. Now I don't know off hand what the stock offset on the 9G is but you typically want to stay close to that number. It becomes more of a factor as you get into wheels that are significantly wider than stock.

welcome to the site btw

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

cool thanks a lot for the info... ill search around in my area for some nice used wheels and see what I can find. Is there a difference between widths? What would be a good width?