The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Prothane and Control Arms

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Prothane and Control Arms

Well In daignosing the knocking sound i'am getting from the passenger side suspension area, I noticed as I compress and release the coils I'am getting a knocking sound from the rubber part of the curved control arm.

I can't remeber ever replacing these so I thought now would be a good time :)

My question is does anyone know if the prothane kit for the 95-99 eclispe contains insert replacements for the bushing end of this control arm.

Heres a pic to explain... ( the rubber that contains the metal square ends are no good on mine)
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

those are called compression arms,

and no, no one makes a kit for those arms. and if you watch what those arms so, while someone turns the steering wheel, you will understand why a harder inflexible compound cannot be used there.
    no worries though, that bushing doesn't in any way effect lateral stability(as far as suspension flexation is concerned)

but you should still get the prothane kit.

its the best thing you ever did for your suspension

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Thanks DOHC, You know your suspension well... I was trying to save a little dough and buy the prothane kit and repair these arms but I guess Ill replace these first and then buy the kit in the future...Thanks again...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---